Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:27 PM
Default Public room marker
I'm not making an apartment building, but wanted to know the exact use of the public room marker. I have a mall in my town and wanted to know does the public room marker work on community lots such as the mall i'm going to make? I just figured since it says public room marker that would mean you see more sims than usual and wondered if that would bring more people in the mall? thank in advance
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:33 PM
Nah ... few people on lots is also a problem on apartment lots. There are different ways to handle the lack of visitors. Some use mods or modded objects.

Inge Jones' ticket machine was made ti do just that.

There has been some time since I made apartments, it's made on residential lots with hidden and public markers. If I remember right, the moment you put a public marker on the lot, the game starts calculating the price of the active apartment. So, not quite something you should use in a shopping mall.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Nah ... few people on lots is also a problem on apartment lots. There are different ways to handle the lack of visitors. Some use mods or modded objects.

Inge Jones' ticket machine was made ti do just that.

There has been some time since I made apartments, it's made on residential lots with hidden and public markers. If I remember right, the moment you put a public marker on the lot, the game starts calculating the price of the active apartment. So, not quite something you should use in a shopping mall.

where can I find that ticket machine? I searched on different websites and everyone kept bringing me back to the site simlogical to get the ticket machine, but the page doesn't work anymore. Know where I can find the machine?
Site Helper
#4 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:51 PM
She is still maintaining downloads at simlogical.com, but the forum was closed so links that were made before she closed the forum will no longer work. Now you generally need to wade through the list to find what you are looking for.

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/ is the ticket machine.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
She is still maintaining downloads at simlogical.com, but the forum was closed so links that were made before she closed the forum will no longer work. Now you generally need to wade through the list to find what you are looking for.

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/ is the ticket machine.

yay thanks so much!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:40 PM
Ooooh I can use this too! Does anyone know if this will work with 1.69?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:51 AM
Public room markers exist to subtract the cost of that room from the value of the lot. They also keep the room from being edited without cheats. It is useful in a shared residential building so one family is not paying for all the apartments when they are just living in one. It doesn't attract visitors. I do not know a reason why you would use it for a commercial lot.

Inge's ticket machine hasn't been updated since patch 1.38, but it works fine with patch 1.67 and so should also work with patch 1.69, which only changes the way the game is launched. This is not a core mod, but a scripted object.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo