Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:47 PM
Default Batman Villain Pack!!!
Hello everybody! I'm working on what will be my first upload to Mod The Sims: a Batman villain pack! Everybody knows that the Dark Knight has one of the largest, most eclectic rogues' galleries of all superheroes, so I thought this would be perfect! I have two sims finished so far:

The Joker

The Riddler

I'm working on Two-Face right now. I WAS working on a version of Harley Quinn from a mock movie poster, but I had a problem making her hat. My problems are found at this thread ; if anyone can help me that'd be great!
Advertisement
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
Can we see comparison pics?

Especially of their faces. Just putting CC on a Sim is an automatic rejection if the face sculpt isn't made to be the real person.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:37 PM
OK, here's the Joker(Heath Ledger's version, the one I made):

http://techdivine.files.wordpress.c...png?w=379&h=400

And the Riddler:

I actually used that one as a base and built off him using features from other ones.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:52 PM
maybe you should do the comic book joker, since you'd have to go through worse hell than I did to get a Heath Ledger joker approved.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM
Aww man! But Heath Ledger Joker is AWESOME!!!

Oh well. Here's what I have of Two-Face so far. I made my own custom version. I'll probably improve the facial makeup soon.

Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:05 AM
you really need to actually work with the facial structures, but what I notice is that it looks more like he has dirt on his face than it looks like he's scarred, the scarred side of his face should not look at all like the other side. maybe remove the eyebrow on his scarred side. and don't do facial makeup, edit the skintone. it allows you to work on his entire head since you can work on his face and quickly work on the top of his head to make it match. also, the suit is boring, do something interesting with the darker half of his suit. also, which version of two-face are you looking for, he has alot of different looks.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
Maybe you shuold base the riddler off Jim Carrey, who played him in the 90s?

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:31 AM
I based the scarred side off the movie version. I actually made the makeup so that it could work on any skintone; bad move I guess. I guess I could work on the face a lot more, but this is my first mod, so I'm not sure how easy modifying skintone will be.

Also, I did give the Riddler orange hair like Jim Carrey's, but I like the look of that one more. It makes him seem more classy. I guess I could mix them more.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:42 PM
Okay, here's my new Two-Face. I think he looks much better than the other one. I made the makeup into a skintone with modifications and, as you can see, I put some charring on the burnt side of the suit.

Typical
#10 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:43 PM
You should probably work on the face shape as well.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:38 PM
the area around his mouth looks more bleached than scarred, and the area around his hairline also. can we get full-face pictures?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:49 PM
Okay, here's the head shot.

Here you can also see that I made the right side of his hair red. The pink areas, the ones that looked bleached, are areas where his skin was completely burned off and you can see the muscle, as in this picture from the movie:

And before anybody asks, I didn't change the hair because I couldn't find any blender tutorials on how to do it. I'll try to find a way soon.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:58 PM
well, the nearest muscle to the area that looks bleached on your sim is the one that's connected to the jaw. it should be clear why that area is bright, it should look like the skin is burned off in that area, show his teeth, show what the muscle looks like, make it look like a hole in his cheek. also, did you work on the top of his head on the skintone, or is the hairstyle to blame for still seeing untouched skin around his hairline.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 8:00 PM
'Tis the problem of me not modifying the skintone on the top. I shall fix this now. I'm also going to see if I can find some way to make the teeth show up. By the way, have you read the thread I posted a link to here? You seem like a smart guy, and I could really use some help. The thing that annoys me is that I have all of the rest of the parts to Harley done and I want to get the hat finished so I can see the whole thing together.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
I polished out the problem of Harley's hat not appearing, but I have a new one: the main part of the hat isn't rigged properly. When she moves, the unrigged part doesn't. Here's a pic:

The black part moves, but the rest doesn't. How should I rig this to make it work?
Forum Resident
#16 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:39 AM
ask someone who knows about meshing, from the observations I made of meshing though I think the maker of the mesh made the rest of the hat a seperate mesh which would mean the black part of the mask and the white part with the bell are seperate. I could be wrong though. can we see pics of the front of the face?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:54 AM
I made the mesh, and you hit it right on the money. The white part is actually supposed to be black; I'll adjust the UV. Here's a face shot:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:31 PM
I fixed the hat, but it's not in the right place and I can't get it where I want it. My problems are found here. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I know there's no request forum here, but who should I do next? Just tell me who you want, which version, and post some pics. For added fun, post a bunch of pictures from different versions and challenge me with a custom version. I probably won't be able to get them ALL, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
Okay, I'm going to redo the hat from scratch along with a custom hairstyle. Though I may be gone for a while. Oh, and I STILL need people to give me suggestions for who to do next if I take a break from Harley.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:11 PM
You're going to kill me for suggesting this...but what about Clay Face ? He's one of my fav' villians, 'cause of his story...and also Mr. Freeze . I'd be interested in seeing someone build that crazy helmet. =O
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:22 PM
Now why would I kill you for suggesting Clay Face? He'd be fun to make! Extremely difficult, yes, but fun nonetheless. And I was already planning on doing Mr. Freeze; he's one of my favorite villains.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:41 PM
If you were to make two Joker versions, you may need to make the other one by editing the skin hardcore-like. It'd be nice to see a giant smile...with giant teeth, rather than a dopey grin with tiny maxis teeth. is that something you'd be up to? Here's a few pics to show you what I mean.

This first pic is actually a real guy they modeled The Joker after, The Man Who Laughs. He's from a Silent Film.

Here's an image of DC's Joker. Notice the striking resemblance!

It'd be real cool if you could make a skin so that his mouth is always open and the teeth are always showing, and that the teeth are huge and nasty, haha.

EDIT:

And actually, that may help with the two-face sim, as a sort of grounds for him. I think he needs his teeth exposed as well, and the flesh around should look crumpled and half melted and charred. I like the idea of the burn marks, I just think it's a bit intense atm with the all the black. Also, I think you may need to turn your graphics up for when you take screen shots, it's really fuzzy, and I don't think we're seeing your texturing at it's true state.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:04 PM
You really think it looks fuzzy? It seems fine on my computer.

I'm having a really hard time with Mr. Freeze's helmet. I've made the mesh, but I can't change the color of the glass. Does anyone know how to do this?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:07 AM
OH! What about poison Ivy? I'd be interested in designing the sims to go with your outfits. Also, Catwoman.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:30 AM
i've said it before and i'll say it again, get to work on facial structures.

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Very old, but lots of good info.
Page 1 of 18