Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2018 at 5:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default New hood is covered in decorations
So I decided recently to make a new hood, that would be small-town Washington themed. I didn't want townies or the family bin sims so I followed this guide to do so. Now before I had installed the clean stealth hoods I had been using meetme2theriver's templates and I believe I placed them ALL which includes the main hoods in program files. I also had used this townie pool replacement in some hoods two of which I had only built in and I'm almost certain it was still in when I booted up Belladonna Cove for the first time. After starting up Belladonna Cove I added Emerald Heights as a downtown. I did have some mistakes while installing the clean templates where I had been accidentally renaming the My Documents N001 and not the one in Userdata... ending up replacing Pleasantview and regenerating the Neighborhood Controller. Before realising my mistake the game would crash when trying to generate the new hood, leaving a partial file I would then have to delete. I forgot to do this two times, what happened the first time is that the Pets stealth hood showed up in Pleasantview's place, and then when I figured out what was wrong and replaced Pleasantview it was named Douglas (what I had been trying to name this new hood) and had no description. After (I thought) fixing it by plopping meetme2theriver's N001 back in Neighborhoods and letting the Neighborhood Controller regenerate it finally let me generate the new hood. But it looked like this:

I'm just using the Bluewater Village terrain since I can't get sc4 to install on my computer. I'm fairly sure I've used this terrain before in a MUCH worse off game running with the same latest EP/SP (M&G) Just before doing all of this I had removed this mod from my downloads folder and added notownieregen. I checked the hood with hoodchecker and there wasn't anything in it except for Valid: Neighborhood: [Invisible] Token - Townie - Badge Seeded and Valid: Neighborhood: [Invisible] Token - Global - BFF Initialized

I'm not even sure why it was able to generate after all that mess. I don't know what to do with this now, should I delete and try again? Reinstall? Can I painfully delete all the hood deco and use this?

I have a lot of mods so if anyone needs me to list them all I will, but I won't be able to for a while. I have pretty much everything in the essential mods except for notownieregen which I only installed recently. The last things I installed (I think) are:

If I missed any info please let me know! I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something but I've never seen anything like this happen before and I'm a bit frazzled today anyhow
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:50 AM
I've seen it happen before and I don't think I did anything to cause it. Sometimes the random hood deco that spawns just likes that pond way too much. XD As I'd only just created the hood I deleted it and retried until I got a reasonable one.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2018 at 8:35 AM
Random trees spawn anywhere there's trees in the original SC4 terrain. For some reason, those ponds are flagged as trees.

Somebody made a fix for this, I think; but I don't remember who.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:12 AM
You only reinstall if you are moving computers or your install is corrupted, apart from that you are giving yourself unneeded work. A reinstall should be the last thing at the end of a long list.

This however, yeah is a glitch and I have also seen it posted about before. When you look at the placement you can see the game thinks its trees.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:35 AM
You can remove them by hand - it takes a long time, but it can be done It is still better than a reinstall.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:38 AM
Just to show you that this happens to others too:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...477#post5328477
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...637#post5192637

This is why I always make my SC4 terrains without trees!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2018 at 11:46 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st May 2018 at 5:08 PM.
Thankfully, there's a fix for the pond: http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/168...noticed-that-in
(Plus updated to include seasons, plus 3 different colors to choose from, plus bonus ponds
Not sure if it fixes your current problem, but it should keep this from happening in future generated hoods.

For the trees, I don't know. If you're lucky, they're spawned as tree groups so there's less mess to clean up.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:01 PM
I'd use Hood Replace and copy the terrain but not the deco onto a new neighborhood. Removing all those trees one at a time is going to be awful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:05 PM
Haha thanks everyone, I think I'll try removing the deco by hand and getting that fix! If the removal takes too long I'll just regenerate but I'm glad to hear I didn't break my game somehow. I'm a worrier and I tend to be a little trigger happy on the reinstall button anyway but I just did an install about two weeks ago and that's a little soon even for me :P