Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 9:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I need help with 2 things please. Someone to make me a working userstartup cheat and a camera mod for build mode with bigger zoom.
Hello! i have problems with 2 things. I tried to make my own userstartup.cheat file but it does not work..
the cheats i want are those:

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
moveobjects on
boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
aging off
plumbbobtoggle off
showHeadlines off
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation
uintProp lotSkirtSizeIncrease 120

And my second thing is i need a build camera file with alot more zoom for making houses and stuff like that..
i tried GunMod's Camera Mod i love it but it don't have a camera file for build mode
and any other mod i have tried the zoom they have its big but not as much as i want...
i need a camera mod where i can see the biggest lot crearly and i would not need to scroll at all..

Thank you very much! and sorry for my english..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 9:55 PM
Not sure if you can use "Aging off", "plumbbobtoggle off" or "moveobjects on" in your Userstartup. Try to remove those.

If you want shorter cheats for those you can't have, use aliases. You can write them instead of the full cheat. You can use any alias as long as you use the format below and use aliases you can remember (you should also be able to use the full cheat if you can't remember the alias)
alias shortcheat "fullcheat"

Example (from my userstartup)
alias pof "Plumbbobtoggle off"
alias pon "Plumbbobtoggle on"

alias mon "moveObjects on"
alias mof "moveObjects off"

It's also possible your game is sensitive to capital letters (may depend on OS?), so "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" wouldn't be the same as "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false"

As for camera mods, have you checked here on MTS? The camera mods (and some others) are in one of the Download sections.
Downloads -> Sims 2 -> Game Mods -> Config Mods -> Lighting and Camera Mods
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 11:08 PM
Feel free to use and alter mine.

This needs to be pasted into notepad and named userStartup.cheat not.txt

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 11:25 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Sep 2018 at 3:43 PM.
Use the "Userstartup.cheat" file in your "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config" folder (path may vary if you have the UC)

Just to be sure you're doing it properly - you should not make a notepad file or some such and put it in the folder, because that won't work. If it doesn't open when double-clicking the file, try right-clicking and choose "open with", and open in Notepad (not Word or wordpad or any other similar programs - Notepad is the only one that does this without messing up things). Then you can add lines to the file. Make sure you use the proper codes including capital letters on the proper places.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Use the "Userstartup.cheat" file in your "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config" folder (path may vary if you have the UC)

Just to be sure you're doing it properly - you should not make a notepad file or some such and put it in the folder, because that won't work. If it doesn't open when double-clicking the file, try right-clicking and choose "open with", and open in Notepad (not Word or notepad or any other similar programs - Notepad is the only one that does this without messing up things). Then you can add lines to the file. Make sure you use the proper codes including capital letters on the proper places.

Thank you but yeah i have done it properly and still it does not work.. ill try to do what the other people in my post told me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Not sure if you can use "Aging off", "plumbbobtoggle off" or "moveobjects on" in your Userstartup. Try to remove those.

If you want shorter cheats for those you can't have, use aliases. You can write them instead of the full cheat. You can use any alias as long as you use the format below and use aliases you can remember (you should also be able to use the full cheat if you can't remember the alias)
alias shortcheat "fullcheat"

Example (from my userstartup)
alias pof "Plumbbobtoggle off"
alias pon "Plumbbobtoggle on"

alias mon "moveObjects on"
alias mof "moveObjects off"

It's also possible your game is sensitive to capital letters (may depend on OS?), so "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" wouldn't be the same as "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false"

As for camera mods, have you checked here on MTS? The camera mods (and some others) are in one of the Download sections.
Downloads -> Sims 2 -> Game Mods -> Config Mods -> Lighting and Camera Mods

Thank you for helping me with the userstartup cheat!
for the camera mods yeah i have checked on mts some mods and none has so big zoom as i want... its very to make one? if someone told me how to at least i could try
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:54 PM
My userstartup.cheat is mostly aliases and I use mostly initials for my commands. m and m- are for moveobjects. s and s- for snapobjectstogrid. cp for control pets. t for stretch skeleton. The shorter they are the easier for me to remember.

You can make your own camera mod. Take the two best ones you already have. See what difference there is between the two, especially in the zoom parameters you are most interested in. Then increase the number in the best one (make a backup copy first) a little at a time, trying it in the game after each increase, until you get to the zoom you want. I'm not sure which of the camera files you need to alter. The only one I have messed with is the NeighborhoodCamera file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
My userstartup.cheat is mostly aliases and I use mostly initials for my commands. m and m- are for moveobjects. s and s- for snapobjectstogrid. cp for control pets. t for stretch skeleton. The shorter they are the easier for me to remember.

You can make your own camera mod. Take the two best ones you already have. See what difference there is between the two, especially in the zoom parameters you are most interested in. Then increase the number in the best one (make a backup copy first) a little at a time, trying it in the game after each increase, until you get to the zoom you want. I'm not sure which of the camera files you need to alter. The only one I have messed with is the NeighborhoodCamera file.

Thank you i did that!