Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 8:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Object Error
so i installed a few mods including an updated version of Inteen than what i previously had, and when it came time to play one of my rotations with a butler already hired, i noticed that the butler got reset (as well as everyone else) and was being treated as a regular visitor and not a service sim. this happened to me once before after i installed new mods and after taking out the mod causing the butler problem, everything was fine. but the problem is i have played with the current mods i have now for several other previous rotations and i believe the butler is already affected.
things i tested:

1) removing the mods that i downloaded, this worked last time > the butler is still glitched
2) talking to the butler in order to let a playable sim have him as an acquaintance, ask him to leave, then the object error posted as an attachment pops up. 'Cancel' and 'Reset' keeps generating the same pop-up so i tried pressing 'Delete'. im not sure exactly what would have been deleted but i assumed it would have been the controller and not anything serious. as a result, no more pop-up and the butler was off the lot. just in case however i made a backup before doing this. i fast forwarded til 7am and the butler came at that time and had normal service sim options and would clean the house, not play pool the whole day.

should i just repeat what i did in #2 or is pressing 'Delete' a vbt?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 11:36 PM
I would put on move objects and delete the butlers' instance off the lot with the hand tool. Inteen is a major mod and some things might need resetting. Then I would call services and cancel the butler if it allows that. (no clue I don't use butlers) then rehire him. Try delete when it pops up first though. deleting on a lot is not the same as deleting a sim. The sim is fine, it simply takes away the instance/appearance of him on that lot, it doesn't touch his actual character file.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would put on move objects and delete the butlers' instance off the lot with the hand tool. Inteen is a major mod and some things might need resetting. Then I would call services and cancel the butler if it allows that. (no clue I don't use butlers) then rehire him. Try delete when it pops up first though. deleting on a lot is not the same as deleting a sim. The sim is fine, it simply takes away the instance/appearance of him on that lot, it doesn't touch his actual character file.

thank you so much, the moveobjects worked. im really not sure why i didnt think of that before but i dont use the cheat that much for removing sims off lots even though i know it can fix a lot of problems. thank you he respawned like he did when i pressed delete on the object error popup
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:57 AM
Good to know he's fixed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~