Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 8:47 AM
New Build up now!

I feel that i can safely call this beta build the first release candidate.

in the following 2 weeks, i will be testing this in lower expansions,
making sure that this mod looks good under different sims 2 expansion configurations.

if all tests go well, the next build will be the long-awaited "Golden Master".

Now i should ask: Should i put this Mod's update in it's own download thread?
or should i update the existing download thread.

I'm asking because i pretty much have to rewrite the entire thread on the day of release
and i also need to take a lot of new screen captures,
since this mod's new textures are completely different from the older version 2.4.1

Additionally, i will be keeping version 2.4.1 available for download for those who prefer the older textures.

I just need your input on that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DanTheMann15
New Build up now!

I feel that i can safely call this beta build the first release candidate.

in the following 2 weeks, i will be testing this in lower expansions,
making sure that this mod looks good under different sims 2 expansion configurations.

if all tests go well, the next build will be the long-awaited "Golden Master".

Now i should ask: Should i put this Mod's update in it's own download thread?
or should i update the existing download thread.

I'm asking because i pretty much have to rewrite the entire thread on the day of release
and i also need to take a lot of new screen captures,
since this mod's new textures are completely different from the older version 2.4.1

Additionally, i will be keeping version 2.4.1 available for download for those who prefer the older textures.

I just need your input on that.

does this release canditate means: Phase 1 completed.?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 7:55 PM
@simmester

Phase 1 is complete, i suggest you read the release notes to see what has changed since the previous build.
this build being a Release Candidate means that this build could become the Golden Master (GM) build.

and If you are wondering, there is no harm in trying this mod's update while it's in beta,
because this update is structurally the same as version 2.4.1, just with new textures across the mod.

you can just upgrade like you would going from any 2.x release to the current release,
and if you want to go back to the current public release, you can always downgrade back to 2.4.1.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 4:53 AM
Announcement

Development has been suspended.

Unfortunately, i have slowed down playing TS2 to the point that i can no-longer develop this major update to the freshly paved road mod,
it's been a long road, but i have decided to stop development and support of all my sims content, including stuff that's still in beta, (this).

So what happens with this project now that it's abandoned?

It's going to remain here in the Creator Feedback Forum (unless a moderator knows a better spot), for anyone who still wants to download it.

the latest beta version of this road mod is pretty-much finished, but a few textures need minor adjusting to make it look perfect,
other than that, it's ready to release to the public.

I'm sorry i cannot finish this, i wish i could, but i just no-longer have any interest in continuing for the time being,
but if i do return and start developing and supporting my content again, this may get finished at that time.

Please read my profile for more information on my leave.

Thank you for all of your feedback, even though i didn't receive much input, i still appreciate it!
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DanTheMann15
Announcement

Development has been suspended.

Unfortunately, i have slowed down playing TS2 to the point that i can no-longer develop this major update to the freshly paved road mod,
it's been a long road, but i have decided to stop development and support of all my sims content, including stuff that's still in beta, (this).

So what happens with this project now that it's abandoned?

It's going to remain here in the Creator Feedback Forum (unless a moderator knows a better spot), for anyone who still wants to download it.

the latest beta version of this road mod is pretty-much finished, but a few textures need minor adjusting to make it look perfect,
other than that, it's ready to release to the public.

I'm sorry i cannot finish this, i wish i could, but i just no-longer have any interest in continuing for the time being,
but if i do return and start developing and supporting my content again, this may get finished at that time.

Please read my profile for more information on my leave.

Thank you for all of your feedback, even though i didn't receive much input, i still appreciate it!

I thought you said that your latest version was complete for thoose who had ALL of the Expansion and Extra stuffs?. If it is a minor adjustments why not pull yourself togheter and FINISH it. After all, it sounds like the mod is 99 % complete, (or there about). If you had disided to stop develop it while it was still in Alpha then I would have understood, but come on. It is ALMOST complete you say?. Well you don't "allmost" complete something and then gives up on it. You are allmost there. Just a little more and then public it. I mean its like stand 2 feet from the finish line and a run and then just give up. Shows us what you are made off. You can do it, just belive in youself
Locked thread | Locked by: Karen Lorraine Reason: OP has clearly said that he has retired from creating. We will reopen the thread should the OP want us to :)
Page 2 of 2