Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:32 PM
Default Extreme stuttering
So I wanted to play Castaway Stories again but now it runs absolutely horrible.
I get about 1-3 fps. My system can obviously run the game really well. I used to play it before when I had Windows 7 and it worked like a charm. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
I wanna get back to play with my Jaguar
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 4:12 PM
This sounds like the old dual core incompatibility issue. Try finding the game in task manager, right-clicking, and hitting Set Affinity - pick any core except for 1 (because 1 usually has a lot of other stuff going on). Does that improve things?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
This sounds like the old dual core incompatibility issue. Try finding the game in task manager, right-clicking, and hitting Set Affinity - pick any core except for 1 (because 1 usually has a lot of other stuff going on). Does that improve things?

Sadly that didn't help, no change whatsoever :/ It's still stuttering big time.
But considering I didn't get 3 additional CPUs when I switched to Windows 10 it'd be weird if this worked.

I ran this game on Windows 7 with the exact same hardware and it worked just fine.
I dunno if Windows 10 or some driver or program I got is causing this. Googling this issue only led to dead ends :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:22 PM
Managed to fix it at last.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sims/comme...cegraphics_try/
This worked, I hope it can help anyone with the same issue