Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2019 at 3:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighbourhood template
So i dont want to get all the pleasantview townies and the strays from pets or any of the sim bin sims. Do i just delete the neighborhood.package in the C drive > Program Files (x86) folder > EA GAMES folder > The Sims 2 Open For Business folder > TS Data folder > Res folder > Neighborhood Template folder > B001 folder > B001_Neighborhood.package file or can i just delete the B001 folder since i am going to replace it anyway?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 9th May 2019 at 3:57 AM
You can rename the stealth folders to things like '_stealth' if you're creating a new hood and none of the pleasantview townies/pets/etc. will spawn, or you can download empty neighborhood templates for each game folder (like the main game, FT, BV, Pets, and AL).

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:07 AM
Yeah but i think what i did before was move the B001 and G002 folders etc to my desktop and when i created a new hood it didnt make the townies etc would that be correct?
Inventor
#4 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Yeah but i think what i did before was move the B001 and G002 folders etc to my desktop and when i created a new hood it didnt make the townies etc would that be correct?

I never actually did that method before, I always renamed the stealth hoods and rename them back once I was finished :0. I think I read somewhere once before that this also works but I can't be 100% sure.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:29 AM
and how do i not get the pleasantview townies?
Inventor
#6 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
and how do i not get the pleasantview townies?

Here's the tutorial I followed, so all you need to do is follow step 1 if you already have the necessary mods. Rename N001 to '-bak' or '_stealth' or whatever and the townies won't spawn. This won't work if your neighborhood has already been created. If you don't want clean/empty neighborhoods, you can still rename the other hoods and once you're finished you'll need to rename them back.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:51 AM
http://modthesims.info/t/544800

N001 in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods would be the Pleasantview townies I think. they are base game sims, not Open For Business ones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#8 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:59 AM
I definitely recommend the link Jo posted. I have those installed and you won't have to worry about the renaming anything once you have those in, they're permanent.

And finding the N001 folder with the regular Sims 2 is under C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods. Finding it with TS2 Ultimate Collection would be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads