Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2019 at 10:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims In Floors
I have a strange and unusual problem. 2 Non Player Sims have fallen through the floor in one of my dorms and can't get out.
This is a dorm that I have built. It is on foundations (no basement) and the sims movements are restricted to the bowling lane.
Because this is a dorm, I can not delete walls and foundations to give them a way to get out of the floor or delete a section of floor to put steps in.
I have no idea how this happened. Is there a solution that I can use before the grim reaper comes due to starvation?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2019 at 10:41 PM
Have you tried to move the sims to a "safe" floor with "moveobjects on"? If not, try this first.
If that doesn't work, when they're on the floor or ground, try Testingchets and click to reset them.

To counteract starvation, try the "Maxmotives" cheat if their hunger bar goes too low (or a hack that modifies motives).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th May 2019 at 11:58 PM
I assume you are a new player, here is how you move a sim with cheats.

Open the cheat window with Ctrl + Shift + C and type in (moveobjects on) no brackets. Then with the hand tool pick up the sim and move them to a safe place. Type in the cheat window moveobjects off to turn it off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2019 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I assume you are a new player, here is how you move a sim with cheats.

Open the cheat window with Ctrl + Shift + C and type in (moveobjects on) no brackets. Then with the hand tool pick up the sim and move them to a safe place. Type in the cheat window moveobjects off to turn it off.

I am not a new player. This is just something I have never encountered before and had no need to use this cheat. I didn't know you could use it to move sims.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th May 2019 at 4:19 PM
'boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false' cheat will enable you to make changes to the lot so it doesn't happen again.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 8th May 2019 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjb123
I am not a new player. This is just something I have never encountered before and had no need to use this cheat. I didn't know you could use it to move sims.

I get Sims and Pets inside the Foundations of Buildings quite often when I have an Elevator, so I long time ago started moving Sims using MoveObjects on. With MoveObjects on you can move anything that I know of except for the building itself.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th May 2019 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pjb123

Sims getting stuck in the foundation, or between walls on a row house or simply in a corner because of a chair is a pretty common occurrence. if you have played for 14 years without it happening once you are extremely lucky.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~