Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:03 AM
Default Site Stats?
One of the things I find interesting (probably more interesting than a lot of people do) is to look at my own individual views/downloads/thanks/etc., and try to see the different reasons for trends in my numbers- why did my numbers slump here and spike there? I think it would be interesting, not to mention useful in some cases, to be able to see a set of statistics like that for the entire MTS site, or for the two games, or for the different categories of items, etc., etc., and to be able to watch trends on a much larger scale than just individual creator numbers. I know there's the quick-fix statistics for current traffic and the like on the homepage, but is there anywhere that shows the more specific numbers for the site like what you'd see in a creator scorecard? Or would such a thing even be possible with how the site is managed at this point?

Really just a curiosity thing, but I think it could be interesting to see more detail like that about the site and community as a whole...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 9:34 PM
I'd like to see more detailed stats for my downloads too. Especially if there's links on the internet being directed to my downloads too. I have a couple of downloads with lots more downloads than several of my other ones and I don't know why that is. I mean sure, there's renewed life being given to The Sims 2 lately, yet I'd like to see if it's just from folks who've visiting this site, or if it's because of news from blogs being spread around, especially if it's from some obscure blogs that search engines may not pick up on right away. Also just for curiosity sake. Like having those Site Counters that you click on a see link referrals.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:19 AM
Getting information like the creator statistics for the entire site *is* possible, but is fairly heavy on the server, so I could probably only generate it once a day. What kind of things would you like to see?

d_d: You mean tracking referals from external sites? I used to do that, but turned it off becuase it was a LOT of information. I might see if i can resurrect it though, with a limit of 7 days or something like that.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:55 PM
Sure, something like once a week to update itself, perhaps for each download.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:12 PM
Once a week is possible. I'd probably make it so that it only did it for actually *viewed* downloads (ie by the creator), since theres no point generating stats for downloads that are years old and the creator has left....

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 5:50 AM
As far as what I'm thinking of, I think using much the same breakdown that downloads already have would make sense. (maybe to a somewhat lesser extent, if it's a server issue), You'd be able to see views/downloads/thanks/etc. for categories as a whole- i.e., by game, for clothing, for Sims, for lots, etc. (however specific you'd judge the server to be able to handle) that kind of thing, in much the same way that creators can view their own individual statistics. Individual stats are broken down by download- it seems like site statistics being broken down by category would still yield interesting meta-information on the site.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.