Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 6:46 AM
Default How to fix a nude thumbnail on a default replacement outfit?
I'm not asking for help with a creation of my own, but was wondering how I could fix this default of tfbodydresswraparm and afbodydresswraparm?

http://antkasdefaults.tumblr.com/po...his-sari-and-my

I'm having a problem with one of the thumbnails of the teen version. The dress with the grey bottom half shows a nude sim body. All the other colours are fine, and all the adult defaults are fine too (by the way, it's only the thumbnail that is borked; the outfit shows up on the sim in CAS). Is there a way I can fix this? I tried deleting my thumbnail cache and reloading the game, but the problem persisted.

I would have asked the creator directly but their tumblr doesn't seem to be active anymore. I guess I could make over the default from scratch, but if there was a quicker and easier way to fix the issue then that would be useful!

My simblrIcon credit
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 4:14 PM
@Natpop: With Windows, using Ctrl-RightClick on a CAS thumbnail should reload it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 11:12 PM
@dharden I'm pretty sure I tried that too, but it didn't work :\

But thanks anyway. Even though I already knew that trick, it's a rather handy little tip.

My simblrIcon credit
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 11:58 PM
@Natpop But the outfit itself works?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 12:17 PM
@dharden yup!

considering it'd an only be a minor annoyance when in CAS/buying clothes/changing clothes, I can probably live with it...but ehhh :\

My simblrIcon credit
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 2:27 PM
Might be something wrong in the file. They're not straight-forward texture/mesh replacements (they use the 3DIR and Property Set instead of just the GMDC and texture), so there's a chance one or two resources are off by a few numbers or some such.

Can't find anything obvious in the file, but I'm not an expert on this kind of default replacement.

Some files will seem to work fine ingame but have a borked thumbnail becuse of one forgotten or improperly done change to a resource, and I suspect something similar is happening here.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 4:26 PM
I believe you're right, @simmer22. That particular outfit replaces tfbodydresswraparm_black, and there is something "off" in the replacement Property Set. There's a field named "outfit (dtUinteger)". I'm not sure what it does, but in all the other Property Sets in the default, it's set to 0x00000008 , while it's set to 0x00000000 in the Property Set for tfbodydresswraparm_black . Also, tfbodydresswraparm_black is set as townie-disabled, while the others are not, so it's possible that the wrong field was edited when preparing that Property Set. @Natpop, I don't know if that could cause what you're seeing with the thumbnail, but it's the only thing I can see that's even a little bit off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 3:23 AM
@simmer22 and @dharden, thanks for the info! I've only ever made 1 simple clothing default replacement so I'm not very knowledgeable about all this stuff; Property Sets and all that are a bit over my head.

So if I change the 0x00000000 value to 0x00000008 and townie enable tfbodydresswraparm_black, could that fix it?

My simblrIcon credit
Forum Resident
#9 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 5:11 AM
@Natpop, townie-enabling the outfit shouldn't affect the thumbnail, but changing "outfit (dtUinteger)" from 0x00000000 to 0x00000008 should make a difference. I'm still not sure about just what "outfit" does, but according to this table, it's definitely related to whether an outfit is a top, a bottom, or full-body clothing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:46 AM
@dharden thanks so much, that worked!!!

Can you tell me where I can find the option to townie-enable the outfit, though? I had a quick look around in SimPE but couldn't find anything.

My simblrIcon credit
Forum Resident
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 1:12 AM
@Natpop, townie-enabling, or disabling, is done with the "flags" field in the Property Set. Setting that to 0x00000000 will townie-enable an outfit, and setting it to 0x00000008 disables it.