Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 11:59 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 23rd Jul 2020 at 11:02 PM.
Default How To: Remove the CC Star from Bodyshop Content
Quite a few people have asked how I managed to remove the CC Star (*) from my conversion outfits and instead of repeating myself to the select few who ask I decided to write up a guide instead.

Why do we want to bother removing the CC Star you ask? Well some of us plain hate the CC Star to begin with, but a practical reason would be because the creation actually requires a particular EP and will not work without it. I don't suggest doing this for outfits that use an EP's mesh as a simple recolor is a very common thing and taking the time to remark the outfit implies that something is special about the outfit. The BEST time to remark an outfit would be when it is a texture referencing outfit. Age conversions would also be appropriate as well.

Ok, so how do we do it? Easy, open up your outfit's package in SimPE. We need to edit three fields, commit and save and that's it!

First, find the creator(dtString) and replace the long block of random characters with 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Second, find the version(dtUInteger) and the product(dtUInteger) lines and replace whatever is in them with the one from the EP or SP you would like the outfit to be marked as. See table below for values.

BaseGame: version-1 product-1
Holiday2005: version-2 product-1
University: version-2 product-2
NightLife: version-2 product-3
Holiday2006: version-3 product-1
OpenForBusiness: version-3 product-4
FamilyFunStuff: version-3 product-5
GlamourLifeStuff: version-3 product-6
Pets: version-4 product-7
Seasons: version-6 product-8
CelebrationsStuff: version-3 product-9
H&MFashionStuff: version-3 product-A
BonVoyage: version-6 product-B
TeenStyleStuff: version-4 product-C
StoreEdition: version-6 product-D
FreeTime: version-6 product-E
KitchenBath: version-4 product-F
IkeaStuff: version-4 product-10
ApartmentLife: version-6 product-11

Ok, now hit 'Commit' and 'Save' and go check it out, you are done! If you run into trouble try it again, then ask questions, I'm quite willing to help you out.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 12:19 AM
Seems like it would be more complicated! This is TOTALLY cool.
Inventor
#3 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 11:22 PM
Very nice tutorial Phaenoh, thank you very much!!
I have a question, if we make changes like this, will the texture be available for Townies too?
And another question, will the file we make need/have to be placed in the bin of your latest expansionpack like Default Replacements?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:07 AM
Decustomizing an outfit WILL make it available for townies to wear. Default Replacements should just go in downloads, these should too.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 9:17 PM
Finally, I really wanted to knew what Apartment Life product code was so I can finally finish my texture linked age conversions, thanks Phaenoh, I really like what you do.
Inventor
#6 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 9:10 PM
Default Replacements should go into the Downloads folder? Not in the bin from your latest expansionpack? I'm confused now. The delete button is enabled for this kind of clothing files in CAS and Bodyshop, deleting in there could cause damage to your game files, or is that not thru? I can understand that for this kind of editing a texture file as deleting it would only delete the empty shell texture file. But if you make a DR Default replacement, like making it that an adult male texture is usuable for Elder men too, shouldn't that go in the bin??
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 11:11 PM
A mere Default Replacement package that only contains edited textures is usually placed in the Downloads folder because it does NOT enabled the delete button. MoverMods or packages that contain the Property Set are to be put in Bins because those enable the delete button. Trial and error is the only way to determine if there is any real danger to your game by deleting them. I'm not up for a potential full reinstall right now, so I'm leaving that exploration to someone else.

Short version, if the Package has a Property Set from a Maxis outfit in it, it needs the protection Bins provides. Otherwise, Downloads is fine.
Banned
#8 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 1:52 AM
I don't see the version and product parts over age.Age is the first one.I'm trying to unlock the maid's outfit from base game, and remove the custom content star.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:54 PM
Thank you for yet another detail for me to obsess over
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:21 PM
IKEA and K&B are both version 4 product F? Is that right?
Scholar
#11 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:48 PM
If you use version-1 product-1 items for young adults will not appear.

If you want clothing for young adults without icon, version-2 product-1 works fine.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 5:45 AM Last edited by Moon_Lady : 29th Apr 2020 at 3:34 PM.
There is small mistake in K&B - it would be version 6 (not 4).