Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 9:30 AM Last edited by Eggyslav : 18th Sep 2016 at 12:56 PM.
Default Ye Olde Eggy Mods
Greetings and Salutations my fellow Simmers! As a fan of TSM, I finally learned how to make mods! Or, at least, how to modify existing mods to my liking. Now, this Thread is called Eggy Mods, but All credits go to ChickieTeeta, and Frappacino, for making these mods, I just fixed them. So, Without further ado, I present to you two mods, latest patch, and P&N are required:

Shopping2: Is basically Frappacino's Village Shoppe Tweaks v. 2, where I added the Arcane Edge, and Superior Alloy (for those who want to forge the Cutting Edge Legendary Swords), and, as a bonus, I unlocked all the Treasure Maps, Lutes, and Blacksmithing Manuals avaible in the shoppe.

EggyMetallurgy: I love ChickieTeeta's mod that allows you to forge the Legendary swords after the Cutting Edge quest, a feature that should be in vanilla TSM, but, apparently, she forgot to remove the quest item status from one of the swords, namely Trenfher, so I fixed that. Also, Made all four swords buyable, that means, that they can be bought from your backsmith.

Anyways, here you go guys, hope you'll like my mods, bye!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Shopping2.rar (24.8 KB, 3189 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  EggyMetalurgy.rar (31.5 KB, 2695 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 12:29 AM
Thank you! If only there was a mod that unlocked everything that was to be bought...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 1:09 AM
You mean in the Village, or at the Blacksmith? What Items do you have in mind specifically?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
You mean in the Village, or at the Blacksmith? What Items do you have in mind specifically?

I mean the Village.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 1:25 AM
Well, ok, what Items would you need in the Shoppe?

BTW, I've updated EggyMetallurgy, Blacksmith is now selling:

- All the craftable swords (excluding Angel's Talon and Doomsword*), this includes Guilded Rapier, Captain's Cutlass, Dread Pike and all Fiery Swords
- All the craftable Armor (except the Doomplate and Angelguard*)
- All the Wizard's Staves (without Doomstaff*)

Just remove the old version and put the new one in your Packages folder.

* I ommited the strongest equipment, so the mod won't be too overpowered, and you won't loose the fun of discovering the recipes, gathering the ingredients, and crafting them. And with my other mod, Shopping2, you can buy all the nessessary ingredients for that coveted Doomstaff of yours anyway, but if you want, I can make a version of this mod with these items included.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  EggyMetalurgy v2.rar (31.5 KB, 838 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 11:25 PM
The items I have in mind include Wizard's Staff Core for sure, and if possible, maybe Animuslayer as a sword. I would mod my own super OP mod, but Idek how to mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 12:11 AM
Hm, but the Wizard staff core can be made at the crafting bench by wizard, and It's components can easilly be found, or bought. As for Animuslaver, It's a quest item, and I wouldn't want to tamper with it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:10 AM
Oh! Thanks. I should have thought about that.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 11:57 AM
If all works out as I understand your descriptions of your modified mods by Chickie, and Shimrod (although I believe Village Shoppe Tweaks 1 and 2 are made by Frappacino).

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=464502

I will indeed be most endeared to you. I have been having much trouble with Village Shoppe Tweak v2 not refreshing for many sim days, when it is supposed to refresh once every 24 sim hours, and has therefore caused multiple other problems in-game, such as tasks needing to be by-passed since the shoppe cannot offer the item in which is needed to complete the task requested by the game. And worse, such as failed quests. If your mod version fixes these problems for my game, then may you be blessed with 1000 lollipops!

Also it is appreciated that you souped up Chickie's sword mod for after The Cutting Edge quest, as I think no one must have had the difficulty with this quest as I have had nor for as long. In my years of playing this game, there has only been one time in which the sword could be made afterwords, and my king was the first to do it, as he had blacksmithing abilities, and he could also make the catalyst. I didn't notice that you made the catalyst available in the shoppe, as this is the main error I get in the game. No one can make the catalyst afterwords, even though the required items are available as I had my blacksmith make enough for the future. Right when he is leaving the forest, and entering the grassy area, right before the end of the quest, the game removes the sword he made from his inventory, so I have had to pause the game, remove the sword myself, and pass it off to another of my hero sims in which I have given combat abilities, and am controlling, so they can equip the sword, and the game not take it. But that is all I can accomplish, as after that, the game still does not allow the catalyst to be made. I got my king and my blacksmith, and my Peteran priest to make the catalyst at the same exact time, and my king retained it in the next quest after, and so made a serafim sword, but no more. So it will be nice if it all works, especially for Xylan, my king, who has been making multiple Angel's Talon's for all my sword wielding sims, and he tells me constantly that he is damn tired! LOL

Thanks for thinking of me when you modified these mods, even though you didn't know it!

Bless ya, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
If all works out as I understand your descriptions of your modified mods by Chickie, and Shimrod (although I believe Village Shoppe Tweaks 1 and 2 are made by Frappacino).

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=464502

I will indeed be most endeared to you. I have been having much trouble with Village Shoppe Tweak v2 not refreshing for many sim days, when it is supposed to refresh once every 24 sim hours, and has therefore caused multiple other problems in-game, such as tasks needing to be by-passed since the shoppe cannot offer the item in which is needed to complete the task requested by the game. And worse, such as failed quests. If your mod version fixes these problems for my game, then may you be blessed with 1000 lollipops!

Also it is appreciated that you souped up Chickie's sword mod for after The Cutting Edge quest, as I think no one must have had the difficulty with this quest as I have had nor for as long. In my years of playing this game, there has only been one time in which the sword could be made afterwords, and my king was the first to do it, as he had blacksmithing abilities, and he could also make the catalyst. I didn't notice that you made the catalyst available in the shoppe, as this is the main error I get in the game. No one can make the catalyst afterwords, even though the required items are available as I had my blacksmith make enough for the future. Right when he is leaving the forest, and entering the grassy area, right before the end of the quest, the game removes the sword he made from his inventory, so I have had to pause the game, remove the sword myself, and pass it off to another of my hero sims in which I have given combat abilities, and am controlling, so they can equip the sword, and the game not take it. But that is all I can accomplish, as after that, the game still does not allow the catalyst to be made. I got my king and my blacksmith, and my Peteran priest to make the catalyst at the same exact time, and my king retained it in the next quest after, and so made a serafim sword, but no more. So it will be nice if it all works, especially for Xylan, my king, who has been making multiple Angel's Talon's for all my sword wielding sims, and he tells me constantly that he is damn tired! LOL

Thanks for thinking of me when you modified these mods, even though you didn't know it!

Bless ya, Xeny

You're welcome, Also, you're Right, Village Shoppe Tweaks are indeed Frappacino's mod, fixed. And the Chickie's mod removes the cathalyst from the swords' recipies, and remove the Quest Item flag on them. I went further, and made the swords avaible to buy, and fixed Trehfner, which had the Quest Item properties. You also can buy the Superior Alloy in the Village, which is still needed for the swords. I recomend using showallavaiblequests cheat, so you can play the "Cutting Edge" mission again, and unlock all the four swords.

Also, about the Village Shoppe not updating itself, it might be your game's fault, have you updated your game? Do you have P&N? Because both Frappacino's and mine mods work on the latest patch, and Pirates & Nobles.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:05 PM
You're welcome, Also, you're Right, Village Shoppe Tweaks are indeed Frappacino's mod, fixed. And the Chickie's mod removes the cathalyst from the swords' recipies, and remove the Quest Item flag on them. I went further, and made the swords avaible to buy, and fixed Trehfner, which had the Quest Item properties. You also can buy the Superior Alloy in the Village, which is still needed for the swords. I recomend using showallavaiblequests cheat, so you can play the "Cutting Edge" mission again, and unlock all the four swords.

Also, about the Village Shoppe not updating itself, it might be your game's fault, have you updated your game? Do you have P&N? Because both Frappacino's and mine mods work on the latest patch, and Pirates & Nobles.

Thanks again. I sure will try your suggestion, right now in fact. Eagerly, too. I miss me babies when I'm not on their heels on screen. Have a great morning.

PS My game is completely up to date, always has been, as this game has always been very important to me. It's a part of me, so it must be at its full potential. There are likely a few reasons why things don't work as they should for my game, but when light is granted to me as to what they might be, time will tell, as I have researched and more about this problem for as long as the issue first occurred, and that's been a Hellllll of a long azz time! TC

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th May 2017 at 3:47 AM
Eggy! I must tell you, due to one or both of these mods of yours, I discovered that I can use the Forgotten Army potion for everyone since it can be purchased from my wizard, Xerxcex. I just happened to choose him as one of the first hero sims to create as I wanted to change the path I usually take to make achievements, like the first time I played TSMP&N, and played the quest for Legendary Traits and the Forgotten Army (one of the more exciting of quests), but as to which mod, I can't say, perhaps more is possible with the work you have done to these mods than any know yet. I love that the basic staff is purchasable too, as my blacksmith Qyall Quartz can sometimes be put in a bind when this responsibility appears.
Did you mean to make this potion available after the quest was completed, or is it just a freaky and lucky occurrence? Well, I'm truly thrilled about it, and am anxious to see any visual effects in the game on my sims.

My game is a much happy place for me, as well as my simmies, thanks to your improvements on these mods.

I could just squeeze you!!

Thanks a ka-billion! Xeny

Quote:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th May 2017 at 11:38 AM
Eggy! I must tell you, due to one or both of these mods of yours, I discovered that I can use the Forgotten Army potion for everyone since it can be purchased from my wizard, Xerxcex. I just happened to choose him as one of the first hero sims to create as I wanted to change the path I usually take to make achievements, like the first time I played TSMP&N, and played the quest for Legendary Traits and the Forgotten Army (one of the more exciting of quests), but as to which mod, I can't say, perhaps more is possible with the work you have done to these mods than any know yet. I love that the basic staff is purchasable too, as my blacksmith Qyall Quartz can sometimes be put in a bind when this responsibility appears.
Did you mean to make this potion available after the quest was completed, or is it just a freaky and lucky occurrence? Well, I'm truly thrilled about it, and am anxious to see any visual effects in the game on my sims.

My game is a much happy place for me, as well as my simmies, thanks to your improvements on these mods.

I could just squeeze you!!

Thanks a ka-billion! Xeny

Huh, that's weird, As far as my memory goes, I didn't tamper with any potions, and I never heard about the "Forgotten Army" Quest. Perhaps it's just a side effect from my mod, but still, thanks for your kind words Xeny, I really am glad you appreciate my work. <3
Field Researcher
#14 Old 9th May 2017 at 6:41 AM
I sometimes forget the name of the actual quest when communicating away from the game, so I'll get back to you later on its actual name. But certainly, you should have played it at one time or another. TC

Quote:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:14 AM
I actually looked it up on wikia, and the quest's name is "Invasion!", the Wizard Aproach, and yeah, I played it, but I think I did it with a knight...
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th May 2017 at 9:57 PM
Thank you for this mod, it has been very helpful! But if it possible, do you think you could add ancient powder to be bought at the village?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th May 2017 at 1:06 PM
@Kiananah: Well, you can easilly find the ancient powder by digging for treasure with a shovel, If I'm not mistaken, Shimrod made a mod that makes Digging for Treasure interaction more successfull.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th May 2017 at 12:36 AM
Shimrod made a mod that makes Digging for Treasure interaction more successfull.

Yeah he did, but I was more successful at digging for treasure WITHOUT this mod installed. I removed it because I was terribly unsuccessful in receiving treasure when digging. I had to stop the game and quadruple check to make sure I had correctly read the title, the information concerning it's purpose, to make sure I had placed it in the correct folder, and to be absolutely positive I had even installed it, my treasure hunting experience was so awful! Sorry Shim, but that mod don't work!

Its a good thing my handsome Lord to Emperor Xylan Darksword is charmed with treasure love...meaning treasure seems to love him more than he loves it!

My other babes get by well enough.

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:45 PM
Eggy, I haven't been able to get the shopping mod to work. When I send my blacksmith to the shop, none of the items appear, including the arcane edge and superior alloy. I had Chickie's mod in and removed them before adding yours. Was this wrong? I've placed it correctly in my mods folder with my other mods and my game is updated. Can anyone help me out? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st May 2017 at 8:11 PM
@RoryAusten22: Do you have P&N? This might be the problem, otherwise, I have no Idea. Also, If it's not a new game you play, you must wait untill the Village Shoppe restock at about 3:00 am, maybe this will help.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:10 AM
@RoryAusten22: Do you have P&N? This might be the problem, otherwise, I have no Idea. Also, If it's not a new game you play, you must wait untill the Village Shoppe restock at about 3:00 am, maybe this will help.

Yes, I have P&N. I'll go and check again after 3:00 am and see if they appear. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd May 2017 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
Yes, I have P&N. I'll go and check again after 3:00 am and see if they appear. Thanks.

Hey Rory dear, ya know, when one wants to add and or remove mods, and replace them with others, such as you have done with Eggy's mods, and Chickie's, you must also delete the cache files found in your Documents folder under Sims Medieval. The folders you have to delete are compositorCache.package, CASPartCache.package, and the contents of the Thumbnails folder (but not the folder itself).
Notice the common word found in each folder title? CACHE, and thumbnail is a dead give away. The game will display (sometimes) images of old items within the game that are not even installed anymore due that the game is reading the thumbnail files, like a record player if you will. Certainly that is EA's excuse for being too lazy to program TSM&P&N with a well working Refreshing ability. The game will recreate these cache files after you start the game up once more.
Every now and then, it is a good idea to delete them even without having added or removed any mod files, as it will keep your game refreshed, and even unclogged if you will from older images that are well...OLD! And likely the game will stay less confused, if at all possible. This is still questionable...but hey, lets give her another shot at it...at least a couple of years worth.

Glad you're having a blast with TSM Toots...so am I with my favorite guy, Xylan Darksword, playing with him, a chick could never be bored!

Good Luck, Sweetums!

Xeny and her king, Xylan

Quote:
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th May 2017 at 5:19 AM
Hey Rory dear, ya know, when one wants to add and or remove mods, and replace them with others, such as you have done with Eggy's mods, and Chickie's, you must also delete the cache files found in your Documents folder under Sims Medieval. The folders you have to delete are compositorCache.package, CASPartCache.package, and the contents of the Thumbnails folder (but not the folder itself).

Thanks Xeny, I'll try this.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th May 2017 at 8:45 PM
Thank you very much Xeny!! This worked like a charm! You saved me again! I've written this down so that the next time I add new mods I'll be sure and clear my caches.

Xeny and her king, Xylan are the greatest!
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 3:17 PM
Does the Shopping2 have the nessessary ingredients for Angelsguard and Angel's Talon?
Page 1 of 2