Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM
Default Modular Stairs ?
I was wondering is there any way/tricks/cheats to build modular stairs in TS4 like we used to have in TS3 and 2 ? I need to have such stairs badly in a particular design (entrance hall of a mansion) but I couldn't find a way to cut the stairs and change the direection within the same floor level. Anyone has some magic that can help me?

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:29 PM
The only way to get stairs to look like that is to have a small section braching off of a foundation (interior faux split level). It's only a L, though and would be hard to find a practical use for it.

Anything complex shown in the picture above is a no.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:07 AM
Sadly this isn't doable... I miss stairs like this. The only way you're getting something like this done is if you do whatc Matrix said.

You can also make a 3 story house with bedrooms/kitchens/etc on the 1st and 3rd floor, and a very small landing/sitting area on the 2nd floor. I did that along with using a faux split level to make 3 staircases in total instead of just 2. It's kind of weird, but it's a great way to make a very unique looking house. Modern mansions are known for having a tall first floor and normal second floor, so it could work without being too odd if you have the walls at the lowest setting.

I really hope EA gets on the ball and gives us the ability to make true split levels or at the very least give us raised floors to place inside wherever we want, like in TS2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:47 PM
Thank you guys for your replies. I guess we won't be getting our beloved complex modular stairs as long as we don't get terrain tools & indoor platforms back. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. (any cheat code or a trick that I couldn't think of etc.)

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 5:21 PM
What about the stair corners?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Inventor
#6 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:35 PM
I miss spiral stairs as well.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:43 PM
We need ladders, too.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:10 PM
Moving to Build Mode.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
I was wondering is there any way/tricks/cheats to build modular stairs in TS4 like we used to have in TS3 and 2 ? I need to have such stairs badly in a particular design (entrance hall of a mansion) but I couldn't find a way to cut the stairs and change the direection within the same floor level. Anyone has some magic that can help me?

How do you get stairs like this on the Sims 2? Is it only possible with the constrainfloorelevation cheat?
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 11:48 PM Last edited by ZeroArcana : 5th Dec 2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: provided incorrect information
I know this is an old thread (so I don't know if it's still watched, or if an answer has been posted elsewhere), but I was looking for something similar, and found some resources at Spring4Sims. I hope it helps!

EDIT: So it turns out most of the resources they list are either for Sims 3, or the links are horribly broken. The only ones I can find are listed as Decor, so they don't work as actual stairs.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 2:56 PM
Looking back at these posts wishing for such modular stairs just makes me so happy that we have them now :")
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 12:54 AM Last edited by Ursine1bear : 6th Oct 2019 at 9:14 PM.
When I made an L shaped staircase in the house, on the first floor, they turned red and I got a message that it can't interrupt the walls. I had to move a wall on the floor above it. The straight staircase only used one row on each floor, but the L shaped stair case required two rows. Then I used the down arrow to adjust the length of the lower set of stairs. Now it matches the staircase in the Halliwell manor from the first Charmed TV series.
Theorist
#13 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ursine1bear
When I make an L shape staircase in the house, on the first floor, they turn red and I get a message that it can't interrupt the walls. Do I have to make this outside, then move it inside?

Just tried that myself. It is not working either
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 11:00 AM
Is there a wall on the level above, where the red square is?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 9:13 PM
Default modular stairs
Yes, and when I moved the wall, the stairs worked. The tutorial didn't mention that the stairs will require that space on both floors. It does make sense, since the stairs are making an opening between both floors. Has anyone found a way to combine 2 staircases and add railings only on the sides? Thank you, Inge Jones, for your help.