Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:24 PM Last edited by Simshort : 16th Jun 2017 at 11:35 PM.
Default Sims for console uses .IFF files??
I was screwing around on Dolphin Emulator when I decided to look in the filesystem for The Sims 1, when I made a interesting discovery.
The runtime folder has .IFF files!

I decided to export and see if they work in IFF pencil, and they open just fine! They are valid .IFF files that can run in The Sims 1 for computers! Though, they do have 3D models which I haven't experimented with yet but I opened a scenario iff, and it looks like it would be perfect to run, but it calls for NPCs that don't exist in the PC game.

EDIT: Bustin' Out has these.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:21 AM
Do you know if PS2 versions use IFF files too? And does this mean console versions on emulators can be modded? That would be a first for the sims series.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:51 AM
Hm... I heard you can't edit them properly tho, it crashes IFF pencil. I suppose they have to have special editor just for them with 3D view and mesh/texture importer.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Hm... I heard you can't edit them properly tho, it crashes IFF pencil. I suppose they have to have special editor just for them with 3D view and mesh/texture importer.

Most don't crash IFF Pencil 2.
They will crash Codex though.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM