Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:05 AM
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Installation
Hi, I've been searching all day trying to avoid the help forum since there are clearly several sources with information on this issue but nothing has worked.
I downloaded and installed the game earlier today. Loaded it and waited. Black screen with the cursor for 2 hrs.
I uninstalled it, deleted data from my registry and re-installed.

I tried switching the compatibility - nothing changed
I tried running it in window mode - never worked
I tried the graphics program thingy - the game would not open at all
I tried repairing it through origin, nothing

I have no idea where the problem lies and based on what I've read the game will likely crash once I try to make a family or choose a house anyway....
Anything is appreciated
Windows 8.1, Intel i3, Intel HD graphics, plenty of space.
I can post full specs if necessary.

Also only two folders, teleport and log
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 1:33 AM
Have you tried manually editing the graphics rules? There's a thread with files here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Sometimes the graphics rules maker (I assume that's the graphics program thingy) doesn't work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 2:01 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 22nd Dec 2018 at 2:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Have you tried manually editing the graphics rules? There's a thread with files here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Sometimes the graphics rules maker (I assume that's the graphics program thingy) doesn't work.

I tried it earlier but I may have not done it correctly. As of now I have at least gotten the game to open windowed by running with administrator.

edit: I'm not really sure what to do with the program honestly. The game blacks out after the a few seconds of the intro purple screen I'm assuming so I have no idea what I should actually change.

Also is it normal to only have two folders at the start? I read somewhere that it meant the game was installed incorrectly.