Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:47 PM Last edited by Norn : 1st Nov 2017 at 10:03 AM.
Default Account name clearing
I have a question about account name clearing. I would like to have my username changed, but the name I would love most is already taken (Norn). The user that occupies this name has been active last time in 2014 and as far as I can see, 0 activity here (no posts, no uploads etc.). I read in the forums that these accounts are supposed to be cleared after a while - is this true? After what time are they cleared?

I know I have to post at the User Name Change bord in order to request the actual name change, but of course I cannot request a name that is already taken. So I would like to know if there is any chance that I can request a name change to Norn, or if I have to look for a different name.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 4:30 AM
I'm pretty sure accounts with no posts and no activity are deleted after a while, so if you want the username, all you have to do is sit tight.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:00 AM
Sorry, I can't tell you why that username/account hasn't been deleted yet. BUT!! You need a funny story when you request a username change - sounds like this could be the perfect opportunity to make up a story using that username...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 11:56 AM
Done. I finally got around to pruning all the old members.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 12:11 PM
Wow, this is fantastic news But of course I don't want to keep the funny story back from you. So here it is anyway (trusting that you won't reverse the name change if you don't like it ):

I have an uncle named Ed who struggled with thinning hair. So when his once majestic mustache got only 5 hairs left he started to give them names and taking extra care of each, hoping that this would help attaching them to him. Their names were Max, Piet, John, Vincent, Carl. Carl was a little lazy and hung down all day, Piet for some reason turned grey overnight. Vincent was the strongest of the remaining hairs. This same uncle gave me my first copy of the Sims game. So in order to honor him I used Vincent as an account name for my sims online activities.

Can you imagine how shocked I was when he shaved his beard off? Of course I can no longer use Vincent as a name. I’d rather honor my aunt, who gave me a pre-2012 disc of Sims 3 and named her favourite hair on her mustache Norn.
Hence my request for a name change. Thank you!