Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:51 PM
Default Starlight Eyes
Because I somehow borked the lot I was working on, I turned to Body Shop - and started fiddling around with an eye. This is what I've got so far.

No in-game shots but I have the Body Shop mod that changes the light so its very similar to in-game.

I'm using the sclera from Shady's Natural set, that might change but just letting you know.

That's about it, I welcome all criticism so let 'er rip.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:30 PM
Looks really Nice ... and blends in with the model's skintone ... the outer sclera isnt so visible ... i would try to make a little more of that visible ... also ... is there other colors ???

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:23 AM
I have only 2 aspects:
- maybe making the iris more round, it seems a little bit oval to me
- making the pupil darker, more black

They look great :D

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Theorist
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:37 AM
The blacks should be blacker and the glare should be whiter. They look great!

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:33 PM
well ... the glare looks ok .. if you make it too white ... it looks really like its from a manga ... or looks really weird ... the way it is it looks realistic IMO
but where the lower eyelid and eye meet you might want to define that ... (IDK usuallyl when fiddling with bodyshop stuff ... ya gotta try everything its hard to have a good thing the first time ... unless its clothes ._. )

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:55 PM
Thanks so much for fast + quality feedback guys! I think they look alot better now. My only problem is that I think I went a bit crazy on the other colours, do you think they are too bright/intense?

Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:44 PM
There's something weird going on with the iris' shape. It's not quite round, looks more like an anime shape - taller than wide and kinda square. Also, they seem to squint a little (outwards).

Other than that, it looks great. The sclera and colors are very nice.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 12:08 AM
The blue eyes look best, because they have some white areas in their irises.
Try to add them in the other colors, too. Those are missing the more shining.

(Hope it was understandable)

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:30 PM
try using the elliptical marque tool while holding shift to help make sure the iris is round. also, i usually add some tint to the shine, which imo, seems to make it more realistic. where the shine meets the pupil, i add a blue tint, and where it meets the iris, i add a yellow. ive also found that when recoloring, make sure you are not selecting the shine as well, which can be unselected from your elliptical selection, by holding alt and using the polygonal lasso tool.

an example of my coloring technique is most visible in this image, but is still extremely subtle:

hope it helps, but if im not making any sense here, please let me know, im horrible at explaining things. :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:07 PM
Okay, I realised the models eyes had been quite stretched so that distorted the iris, I reshaped them anyway, added more detail, and made an attempt at tinting the shine, as dragonmandy suggested. I think they look a bit more realistic but I'd like to make them even better.
I didn't do any colours this time, I'm going to wait until I've got the shape and everything so I won't have to change it all again later.
Also included pics of two different models, just to see how it looks with different eye shapes.

Again, thanks for all your helpful feedback!
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:52 PM
they look much better, but they still dont seem fully round.
other than that, i cant say anything else about them, except that theyre very nice.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:35 PM
The pupil isn't exactly round (look at the left side compared to the right at the bottom. It's like "falling down")
But I agree with dragonmandy they're very nice

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:09 PM
I can't believe I didn't realise they were still very square-ish, I hope they're much better now. Also did more details on the left, darkened them a bit more at the top and toned down the black outline of the iris amongst other things. I have done the basic colours so I can offer a defaults version, but I was just wondering if it was worth doing more colours that people would like to download?

Anyway here are the updates, so glad that you like them so far, especially as it's the first CC I've ever made. Thankyou! :lovestruc

Instructor
#14 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:39 PM
soooo much better.
as for colors, it never hurts to make some crazy choices, some people like variety like that. it all depends on what you want to do with them.
also, multi-colors are sometimes a nice addition. creating a new layer above the eye and painting one color around the pupil, and another to the edge of the iris, then setting the layer to color or hue, can make some interesting eyes as well. just play with 'em.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:33 PM
This might just be a personal thing, but I feel like the little pink bits at the inner corners (technical name, anyone? ) should be darker.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:45 PM
you mean sclera thats what it is ...it should be a little bit darker not too dark ...

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:24 PM
No, the sclera is the white part. Looked it up - it's the lacriminal caruncle.

Let's stick with inner corner.

Instructor
#18 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:34 PM
ok ... im thinkint it was the pink part ....

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 7:49 PM
What? We ARE talking about the pink part.

Instructor
#20 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 9:20 PM
i thought the sclera was the pink part ... and why do you have a car ad ... What does it say ???

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Forum Resident
#21 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 12:28 PM
It WAS an eye diagram, but it keeps changing to that weird ad!

http://www.edoctoronline.com/media/...31E65087787.jpg

Forum Resident
#22 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by feefifofum
It WAS an eye diagram, but it keeps changing to that weird ad!

http://www.edoctoronline.com/media/...31E65087787.jpg

Lol, it's the car ad again

I also think you should go crazy with a variety of colours! They look great so far!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Forum Resident
#23 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:03 PM
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Here! Here it is! If it's that advert again, then I think it's a sign that my computer is possessed by demons.
Screenshots

Instructor
#24 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:12 PM
ok ... i see it ...

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 6:19 PM
Thanks so much for your feedback and foreign car ads guys, really. :lovestruc

But I'm not as happy as I thought I was with how they have turned out... I've been fiddling with them and just don't know whats up, if its just me or whatever.

Plus the whole sclera darkening thing might not be necessary, I might be changing the sclera I use as I have requested Shady's permission to use this current one and I'm just waiting on a reply.

Soo... what do you guys think? How can I make them better?
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful info
Page 1 of 2