Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 2:32 AM
Default Changing where the program finds music
Basically, I want to do this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=57917

without actually copying the songs over. I have multiple gigs of music and it's not really feasible to actually make a second copy of each one. So, I figure, if I could just change where the program looks for music in the first place, then I won't have to do that.

Considering that the actual songs that come with the game aren't even in that folder, it certainly must be possible. (They are in \TSData\Res\Sound)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 2:57 AM
I understand your frustration, but cannot come up with a viable solution. ALL of my music is in WMA format, so I have to use the awesome, must have program AUDACITY (free) to convert my music to MP3, and THEN stick it in my music fodler, taking up twice the space it needs to on my hard drive. Oh frabjulous day...

Necromancy is Good
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 3:51 AM
I third that. All my 7.9 GB of MP3 files are in Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\My Music\(Artist or Band Name)\(Album Name)\

On my dinosaur-aged hard drive (40 GB), I don't want to duplicate
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 7:37 AM
I think you might have better luck getting an answer to this in the modding forum so I'm going to move it there.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2