Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 9:16 PM Last edited by grumpy_otter : 13th Dec 2018 at 7:03 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Not solved, but gave up, lol -- Bella Goth moved in--but she's not showing up with family
I summoned Bella Goth using the Tombstone of L & D method "add neighbor to family." When she appeared, I immediately moved her out to the bin.

I then added her to another family, but when I enter the lot, no Bella. I exited, and she shows up as in the family on the loading screen, but not in the actual lot during gameplay.

Another problem is that I tried to move a family member out using the computer "find a new place" and the sim types, then sits--nothing. I also tried through the newspaper--same thing. I never get the option to move the sim out.

I exited to the neighborhood, moved the whole family out of the lot--Bella still shows as being with them. I moved them into a new lot--same thing, same problems.

I have NO custom content whatsoever. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 9:32 PM
First thing's first - did you check to make sure your data files have not been marked "read only" by the OS? Some later incarnations of Windows do that and it means nothing you do in the game saves.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM
If this is the 'real' Bella I think you have to remove her death token.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
First thing's first - did you check to make sure your data files have not been marked "read only" by the OS? Some later incarnations of Windows do that and it means nothing you do in the game saves.

Other things are working fine, so I don't think so? But how would i check?
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:18 PM Last edited by grumpy_otter : 12th Dec 2018 at 10:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If this is the 'real' Bella I think you have to remove her death token.

Ah, I think it is--I am thinking I can google to find out how to do that?

Off I go . . .

EDIT: Looks exactly like that is the problem based on the descriptions I found. But darn it! The particular page i had consulted to learn how to do it had no warning about Bella's death token problem--but of course most of the others do!

Looks like I am going to need Sim PE?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grumpy_otter
Ah, I think it is--I am thinking I can google to find out how to do that?

Off I go . . .

Just let her complete the death then resurrect her with the potion. http://modthesims.info/d/211622/res...ion-potion.html

1. Summon her and move her in then save and exit the lot and go right back in and it will complete her death. (It may be done already and you just need to go to step 2.)
2. Summon her tombstone to the lot and then wait till she spawns and starts moving around. "The Urnstone Spawner" http://modthesims.info/d/236885
3. Place 1 potion near her and make sure no other ghost gets it and she will drink it and come back to life. http://modthesims.info/d/211622/res...ion-potion.html

(((Step 2 can take up to 3 days before she comes out for the first time.)))

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Just let her complete the death then resurrect her with the potion. http://modthesims.info/d/211622/res...ion-potion.html

1. Summon her and move her in then save and exit the lot and go right back in and it will complete her death. (It may be done already and you just need to go to step 2.)
2. Summon her tombstone to the lot and then wait till she spawns and starts moving around. "The Urnstone Spawner" http://modthesims.info/d/236885
3. Place 1 potion near her and make sure no other ghost gets it and she will drink it and come back to life. http://modthesims.info/d/211622/res...ion-potion.html

Are you saying I should summon her again with the Tombstone of L & D? Wouldn't that be a new one or something? Because this one "lived" with a sim for a little while before I moved her to a new lot. Although now that I check, the sim she lived with has no memories of her. No sims do. EDIT--wait, based on what I've read she already completed her death--that's why she's acting this way

If I don't want her, can I just go somewhere in my documents or program files and delete her file? Or is it too late because I've already got her messing with my family?

I literally have NEVER downloaded ANY custom content--it makes me very nervous because I just don't know what to do with it. I didn't even know how to open my downloads folder until very recently, lol

EDIT AGAIN: I don't mean i am unwilling to try if somebody will hold my hand, lol

I would just like the easiest method and I don't care if I delete her permanently
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:54 PM
I do really appreciate y'all trying to help--I'm just completely hopeless with this stuff.

Well, it's a good thing I made a backup of my game before I tried anything. Sigh. This always happens to me. I tried Sims PE--downloaded it, followed instructions to fix Bella, went back in and the family was completely wonked. I've never seen everything like it--the whole family flipping out, the kids flirting with the parents, everyone in aspiration failure--It would have been funny if it hadn't, once again, been proof that I am a total dork with computers.

So I was going to try the downloading method with the potion and stuff--my computer won't open the files. I tried several different programs to open them and nothing. They just sit there.

If y'all have any other ideas that would be great, but if I can't solve it by the morning I think I'll just restart the neighborhood. Such is life.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:15 AM
Probably easier to try removing the death token in SimPE.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Probably easier to try removing the death token in SimPE.

Yes, thank you, but i tried that and everything went wonky.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:35 AM
Yes, thank you, but i tried that and everything went wonky.

This is what happens when I fail to read all the posts, sorry. XD
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 11:28 AM
So I was going to try the downloading method with the potion and stuff--my computer won't open the files. I tried several different programs to open them and nothing. They just sit there.

Both of those downloads are ordinary .zip files. You shouldn't need any other programs to open them. Windows 7 and later should open .zip files just by double-clicking. My Windows 7 treats .zip files like just another type of folder.

If you right-click on the .zip file, you'll get a pop-up menu. The top item will be "Open," which should do just what it says - open the .zip file so you can see what's inside and copy the files somewhere else, like into your Downloads folder.

Or you can use "Extract all" (third item from the top in my screenshot). This will bring up a dialog that will let you browse to the folder that you want to put the contents in, like the Downloads folder in your sims game.
Screenshots
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 1:25 PM
If I don't want her, can I just go somewhere in my documents or program files and delete her file?

NO! Never, ever do that. Particularly if this is Pleasantview you're talking about, Bella Goth is part of a family tree and deleting her file will break the tree and cause the neighbourhood to freeze and/or crash. If it's Bella Goth in Strangetown then she isn't dead and you shouldn't be having any trouble with her.
Instructor
#14 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 2:13 PM
I'm not sure why Bella isn't showing up after you unchecked her death token. If you want, you could download a clean version of Pleasantview, where Bella is a townie, and move her in via 'ask to move in'. Clean Pleasantview is available here: http://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com/...rerelease-fixed

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 7:02 PM
Thank you @RoxEllen1965--that is pretty much exactly what I tried and no luck. My daughter will be coming for the holidays, so maybe she can teach me how to download, lol. I don't know why i have such difficulty always! But I appreciate your tips!

And thank you too @Chris Hatch--I did know you aren't supposed to delete from the bin (that was the first lesson i learned here many years ago!) but I was thinking maybe because no one had any memories of her--even those she'd shared a household with--that it might be okay. I wouldn't be able to identify her file anyway, as Sim PE isn't working for me. Yes, it is the Pleasantview Bella. Unfortunately the tutorial page i had found to get herr did not have the warning about her death token.

And also thanks to @monijt1 -- I was never able to delete her death token as SimPE wouldn't work for me. Up above i describe the somewhat-scary things that happened when i tried, lol

But luckily, she is in a household that is not crucial for my story--if I need any of the characters I can just invite them over and use them that way. I don't need Bella anyway--i was just using her a a placeholder so lots would stay intact when i needed to move sims around. I'd just never played with her before so i thought it would be fun.

But I know now what the problems are--Thanks again to all who tried to help me! Just my cluelessness with anything computer-related, lol
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:00 PM
It's very strange that your computer won't open zip files. I hope your daughter can help you get it working. It's always easier to troubleshoot and do tech support if your support person is physically in the same room with the computer.
Alchemist
#17 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It's very strange that your computer won't open zip files.
Not to me, mine doesn't either. It will look in the archive but I have to use WinZIP or something to unzip.

Anyway, best of luck to the OP, some simple instructions from your daughter written down will enhance your enjoyment of the game so much, so I look forward to you coming back and asking where to find cool CC after the holidays.