Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 8:39 PM
Default Convert TS3 sims to TS4?
Hello everyone. I'm totally new to the Sims 4. I finally bought it and I would like to know if it's possible to convert a packaged sim from TS3 to TS4.
I'm ignorant about conversions, sorry!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 9:41 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 5th Aug 2017 at 10:08 PM.
Well it takes a little more work than just changing a file name or a line of code, but I know of a toutorial that may help you if you're willing to put the effort in.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post and didn't realize you were talking about "a packaged sim" and not "a sims3.package". Damn you dyslexia *shake fist*
Pretty sure you have to just make a Sim from scratch going from TS3->TS4 as the internal structure of CAS is completely different.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Well it takes a little more work than just changing a file name or a line of code, but I know of a toutorial that may help you if you're willing to put the effort in.

Thank you for your reply. I know that it's possible to convert an object, but I would like to convert a SIM created in CAS, from TS3 to TS4. Working with objects would take ages and I'm absolutely not ready
Theorist
#4 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elneapls
Thank you for your reply. I know that it's possible to convert an object, but I would like to convert a SIM created in CAS, from TS3 to TS4. Working with objects would take ages and I'm absolutely not ready

Yeah, sorry about that. I read it wrong. There's unfortunately no way to convert Sims. Sims 4 CAS cannot understand Sims3's "slider values" Not to mention a million other factors. You'll have to rebuild the sim from scratch. Unlike an object, Sims contain a lot more data that can't be converted with a simple .obj.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Yeah, sorry about that. I read it wrong. There's unfortunately no way to convert Sims. Sims 4 CAS cannot understand Sims3's "slider values" Not to mention a million other factors. You'll have to rebuild the sim from scratch. Unlike an object, Sims contain a lot more data that can't be converted with a simple .obj.

Thanks for your help!