Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:44 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 6th Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM.
Default Game version question
I still hang out to my Sims 2 Store Edition, because this is a way for me to start my game without using my M&G CD, and I guess a way to bypass noCD stuff.
When I create a lot and package it to a file and click on the LotSegment, at the bottom, the version says : The Sims 2 Store Edition.
The only lot I ever uploaded was in 2009 at TSR.
I redownloaded it, and the version says : Mansion & Garden.

I take that the version of a lot determine if one can use it or not.
I went ahead and installed my old lot without a problem, or without any error message.
Now I wonder if it would work the other way around?
Can someone on the UC or on discs up to M&G, be able to install my lots?(Store Edition version)
If someone wants to try, you are welcome to ask me, and if this was the wrong forum to post redirect me.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:26 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 8th Feb 2018 at 12:58 AM.
I would need one member on UC and one member with discs up to AL/M&G to try and install a lot of mine using Clean Installer.
I am curious, again.

EDIT:
I am adding a link to my SFS, a zip that contains a packaged Lot I just created. This is a empty residential lot.
Do not attempt to install it if you do not have Mansion & Garden.
I would advise to rename your EAGames folder (in your Documents)and start your game, so a new empty one is created.
Then use Clean Installer to install my test Lot.
http://simfileshare.net/download/443795/
The only difference will be the version, see picture attached.
Screenshots

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:42 PM
Store Edition is typically flagged as EP99 on lots. So no, a lot would not be compatible. I was searching the downloads for one, but can't seem to find one to verify.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:37 PM
Thank you @HugeLunatic
But you won't have to search high to find one, as I am editing my post to share one for people to try.
Where do you see EP99 on lots?(in SimPE of course) I cannot see this/don't know where to look.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:58 PM
Thanks for the test lot! I feel like this 99 comes from an older version of Clean Installer, or just posts from moo before. Not really sure,which is why I wanted to give one a test.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:41 AM
It says in SimPE under version information, that it is the store edition.

Editing to add I installed it fine in UC

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:54 AM
Yay!
Thank you gdayars. Yep, it says Store edition in the version in SimPE, that I knew. It was the EP99 thing I could not find.
So I guess Rosie can start sharing her Lots on here. Not that she wants to, but she could.
Thank you again so much for testing this for me.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM
I am re-opening my thread as there is one question I still don't have an answer for..might be because I never asked.
Now that I know my lots are compatible in a configuration without The Store Edition ; given all other EP's are present, how would I flag it on here if ever I want to upload a lot?
If you do not own The Store Edition, will you be able to see it in the results, because of the filters?
I am asking because,
I have it checked in My Sims 2 Stuff Packs Purchased. But when looking at Showing Downloads Compatible With : Store Edition is not in the list.
What should I understand?
I am pretty sure, if uploading a lot on here, I leave the Store Edition checkbox unchecked, I'll be told to check it. Eyes are everywhere fortunately.

I have Apartment Lots, Dorms, some new Residential Lots, and some Community Lots as well that I'd love to share.
Thank you.