Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:46 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 28th May 2015 at 7:05 PM.
Wow! Peni and Emerald Falcon, your families are quite interesting and complicated! Love the names and storylines!

EmeraldFalcon, if the family moved after the father's death, then that means they brought his urn with them, cause you obviously won't be moving someone's grave around from one place to another. :P

I think it would be better if we just leave his urn at their new home with them, some place or room they don't have to walk into/come across everyday. Just a suggestion.

And because we want to make sure that our neighborhoods are safe (corruption wise), we try to avoid deleting graves/urns, even if we have the necessary fixes.

ETA: Nvm! According to Jawusa, below, post #87, as long you have the fixes installed, you should be fine.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 28th May 2015 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Wow! Peni and Emerald Falcon, your families are quite interesting and complicated! Love the names and storylines!

EmeraldFalcon, if the family moved after the father's death, then that means they brought his urn with them, cause you obviously won't be moving someone's grave around from one place to another. :P

I think it would be better if we just leave his urn at their new home with them, some place or room they don't have to walk into/come across everyday. Just a suggestion.

And because we want to make sure that our neighborhoods are safe (corruption wise), we try to avoid deleting graves/urns, even if we have the necessary fixes.

If that's the case, then I don't want to include him at all. We will just say he was buried in the home country. If it's necessary, I'll post pictures of the pacifier rolls.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#78 Old 28th May 2015 at 5:57 PM
@EmeraldFalcon We can delete that urnstone. Don't worry. There's a mod to avoid that. My sims also sell tombstones sometimes to earn some money. There won't be any corruptions if you have nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath mods installed. Thus, it can also be done by Force Error --- Delete. Then the tombstone will get deleted but the deceased sim remains in the neighborhood and is still resurrectable.

If that would corrupt the neighborhood, even if you have the mods installed, then my neighborhood would be heavily corrupted. I don't see any problems at all, so removing tombstones/urnstones is safe when you have nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath mods installed.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#79 Old 28th May 2015 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@EmeraldFalcon We can delete that urnstone. Don't worry. There's a mod to avoid that. My sims also sell tombstones sometimes to earn some money. There won't be any corruptions if you have nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath mods installed. Thus, it can also be done by Force Error --- Delete. Then the tombstone will get deleted but the deceased sim remains in the neighborhood and is still resurrectable.

If that would corrupt the neighborhood, even if you have the mods installed, then my neighborhood would be heavily corrupted. I don't see any problems at all, so removing tombstones/urnstones is safe when you have nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath mods installed.

Then that sounds just fine. I'll include the sim, and we can kill him and delete the stone/urn.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#80 Old 28th May 2015 at 7:07 PM
Is someone working on the neighborhood right now? If not, then I'd like to install all the lots created up till this point, so we could update the first post, specifically the attachment (the pictures need to be updated as well.)
Trainee Moderator
#81 Old 28th May 2015 at 7:43 PM
I've seperated the lot number list into 3 lists (Valid, unoccupied lots / occupied, but not finished lots / finished lots)

Anyway, you can update the first page now.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#82 Old 28th May 2015 at 10:28 PM
Ok. I've updated the first post. I went to the new lots and all is good.

Jawusa, when I went to your building, the camera angle was fine at the final three empty floors. I didn't have any problems. :/

Peni, I went to your lot and I noticed that the roof boundary fencing was incomplete at certain areas:

I don't know if this was intended or not, but I just thought I'd point it out.

As for me, I've built another apartment building consisting of 8 units in total, all are the same size. Pics are below. Let me know what you guys think!

ETA: I'm not sure but I think I forgot to add someone's residential lot. Whoever's working on the neighborhood next, please check which of the lots I missed from the first post, under "Done".
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#83 Old 28th May 2015 at 11:00 PM
Yes, that's deliberate. If you'll look, you'll see that missing trim sections correspond to variations in color in the adjacent stucco (if I didn't screw up). This is meant to represent imperfectly repaired damage to the house. If the consensus is that it fails to communicate this point, we can try something else.

With no grungy wall treatments in BG, one must convey decay and what the real estate business calls "deferred maintenance" as best one can.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#85 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:17 AM Last edited by simsfreq : 29th May 2015 at 12:12 PM.
Yay! LGBT sims! I was hoping there might be some in this hood <3

EDIT: The above was my original post. I added this because I wasn't sure if we were allowed to double post. Sorry if I caused any confusion!

Can I get any feedback at all on one remaining side of my apartment block? I am happy with all other sides, but this one eludes me completely. The west side, or the final attached picture of the four (direction taken from the picture in post one of this thread) is the one I'm having trouble with. There are pictures of the other sides, named appropriately, to get the idea. It's not clear this zoomed out, but the dark red is brick, the off-white is stucco, and the lighter brown is wood. I used this as an initial inspiration: http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.1793428.1358259031!/image/902712398.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/902712398.jpg

I've put a cut in to simulate a lift shaft, and I've tried to carry over the blocks of colour and diagonal theme from the end to this side, but I'm not really feeling it. I can't do any cut outs on this side because it's now too close to the edge, cut ins are possible, but I'm loathe to take any more space away from the already narrow living space here. Balconies are possible because fences are allowed to be placed closer to the lot edge.

Or maybe I've just been looking too long and it looks fine? Either way, any constructive criticism is welcome
Screenshots

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#87 Old 29th May 2015 at 3:20 PM
I built directly on the lot included with the neighbourhood? I assumed that the hood makers did that.

Mad Poster
#88 Old 29th May 2015 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I built directly on the lot included with the neighbourhood? I assumed that the hood makers did that.

It's fine if you did that. I did it myself and uploaded the whole neighborhood all at once with everyone else's packaged lots. It's fine either way.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 29th May 2015 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Yay! LGBT sims! I was hoping there might be some in this hood <3

EDIT: The above was my original post. I added this because I wasn't sure if we were allowed to double post. Sorry if I caused any confusion!

Can I get any feedback at all on one remaining side of my apartment block? I am happy with all other sides, but this one eludes me completely. The west side, or the final attached picture of the four (direction taken from the picture in post one of this thread) is the one I'm having trouble with. There are pictures of the other sides, named appropriately, to get the idea. It's not clear this zoomed out, but the dark red is brick, the off-white is stucco, and the lighter brown is wood. I used this as an initial inspiration: http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.1793428.1358259031!/image/902712398.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/902712398.jpg

I've put a cut in to simulate a lift shaft, and I've tried to carry over the blocks of colour and diagonal theme from the end to this side, but I'm not really feeling it. I can't do any cut outs on this side because it's now too close to the edge, cut ins are possible, but I'm loathe to take any more space away from the already narrow living space here. Balconies are possible because fences are allowed to be placed closer to the lot edge.

Or maybe I've just been looking too long and it looks fine? Either way, any constructive criticism is welcome

I feel like those bands of stucco on the side you are worried about should be extended all the way to the top and bottom floors of the building. The diagonal blocks just look a little too busy to me. But then again, I'm not sure entirely what you're going for. Overall, it looks much better than what I'd be able to do with an apartment in base game.

Trainee Moderator
#90 Old 29th May 2015 at 5:34 PM
It looks nice, simsfreq.

How many apartment units does it have?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#91 Old 29th May 2015 at 7:46 PM
I fixed up the side now

It has five apartment lots. Two small, (one in the long building, one in the square one) two large (spanning both) and a penthouse. I've only furnished and partitioned the small two, so I'm not sure yet how many bedrooms the others will have.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#92 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:51 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 30th May 2015 at 2:37 PM.
You know the main reason I'm avoiding the Universal Collection is because Origin keeps track of how many hours of my life I have wasted on this game, right?

Download removed I uploaded the wrong file. See below.

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with this. The penthouse does look empty. But it's so big, it sort of can't be helped, there are only so many objects to stuff in there. The happy owner will have to fill it with career rewards, EP items or CC instead!

I have to say, also, that building luxury apartments has been pretty fun. I usually build tiny, run down sort of houses so it's been a nice change. I do have screenshots, but so much work to convert them, and I have work tomorrow -_-

If you want to use it as a non-AL apartment, just delete all furniture in the unoccupied houses to prevent sims trying to use it.

Trainee Moderator
#93 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th May 2015 at 1:13 PM.
I like what you've done; colorful and unique! :lovestruc

I created lot 38. This house will be full of ghosts and a old lady will reside that house.

Is it creepy enough or should I try to make it creepier... is it even creepy at all?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Creepy Mansion.rar (962.1 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#94 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:59 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 29th May 2015 at 10:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I like what you've done; colorful and unique! :lovestruc

I created lot 38. This house will be full of ghosts and a old lady will reside that house.

Is it creepy enough or should I try to make it creepier... is it even creepy at all?

It reminds of the Goths' house, and that house can be creepy at times, so, so is yours.

I would use less of those fence lights on the porch at the bottom. I'd make it as dark as possible.

ETA: I just wanted to add that y'all are free to move your families/households/Sims into my apartment buildings if you want/if it's necessary. I don't mind. We just need to make sure we limit it to four families/households to make it easier on those who want to convert the "apartment buildings" to actual apartment buildings in AL.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauce58
Tada i got the fathers of the three kids right here complete with a text file detailing them and bios for the other members of the family. Also i got a question you said that you might need to reroll the pacifier for the children. My only gripe with that is i don't want the kids appearances changed if that isn't a problem as the fathers don't exactly look like the original fathers. Also @M.M.A.A is it ok if one of my father sims can live in one of the apartment buildings you created if you don't mind .

Yeah, sure, go ahead. I'm also planning on building a third apartment building on the same street as the other two, so you'll have to pick which apartment style suits your Sims (in terms of character/story).

One building, the red and yellow building, IMO, seems more suitable for families, while the black and white seems more suitable for single Sims, but that's just me. However, feel free to pick whichever you like.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:38 PM
If that's the case i think i would prefer if the sim was moved into the white and black building based on what you describe it as

Whatever suits you. Make sure you check out the two apartment buildings and see which one seems fitting yourself.
Trainee Moderator
#97 Old 30th May 2015 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th May 2015 at 9:46 AM.
Tada i got the fathers of the three kids right here complete with a text file detailing them and bios for the other members of the family. Also i got a question you said that you might need to reroll the pacifier for the children. My only gripe with that is i don't want the kids appearances changed if that isn't a problem as the fathers don't exactly look like the original fathers. Also @M.M.A.A is it ok if one of my father sims can live in one of the apartment buildings you created if you don't mind .

I'll try to get them as close as possible. Don't worry. Some of the children's facial structures (mouth, chin, eye) are inherited from Pearl. Soda Pop inherited his nose shape from his father. So, most of the children look like their mothers so it won't change much. I'll compare their faces with Pearl's face and alter certain facial structures of their fathers in order to get the offsprings look exactly as they were.

ETA: I compared the children's faces with Pearl's face and I wrote down the facial structures that are inherited from mother and the facial structures that are inherited from father. Then I cloned the children in BodyShop, aged them up to adult (changed gender if necessary) and changed some facial structures to match with the faces of the sims you've recreated. I didn't change any facial structures which the child inherited from their parent.

Anyway, I tried it out in the game. I reroll the pacifier and the children looked exactly as they were. Yay!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  GeneticFathers.rar (397.0 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#98 Old 30th May 2015 at 12:56 PM
I would not mind helping out and building the diner or the restaurant. However I have a few questions before I start and commit. First, I have UNI, NL, OFB, and Ikea. Would I have to download any game starter in order to build the lot to be base game only? Second, by starting the anygame and building the lot for upload, would it have any other effect on my game and saved neighborhoods? Im just curious since I have never had to use any game. Sounds like an awesome neighborhood!
Field Researcher
#99 Old 30th May 2015 at 1:03 PM
I have some questions as well, as I'm getting the point where I'm almost ready to upload my family for y'all. Since I've never done this before, I need to know:

Do we upload the sims in their package files, and one of you will put them together as a family?

I've heard rumors of an "empty neighborhood" method. Does that mean I build the families as I want them in that neighborhood, with the appropriate relationships and job, and you're able to somehow pull them out of there exactly as I set them up? Do they have to be unplayed?

On a tangent--are we allowed to set sims up with star signs that don't match their personalities? Maxis did with some premades, and born in-game sims can have that, so I don't see why not, but I thought I'd ask.

Trainee Moderator
#100 Old 30th May 2015 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
I would not mind helping out and building the diner or the restaurant. However I have a few questions before I start and commit. First, I have UNI, NL, OFB, and Ikea. Would I have to download any game starter in order to build the lot to be base game only? Second, by starting the anygame and building the lot for upload, would it have any other effect on my game and saved neighborhoods? Im just curious since I have never had to use any game. Sounds like an awesome neighborhood!

Yes, you'll have to use the AnyGameStarter. Otherwise, we won't be able to use your lot. As for you second question, the AnyGameStarter does not affect your main/full game. But if you have Win7, you have to run your Anygame as admin in order to work properly. I'm not sure if this is required if you have Win8/8.1 or other versions but I'd run it as admin (just in case)

Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
I have some questions as well, as I'm getting the point where I'm almost ready to upload my family for y'all. Since I've never done this before, I need to know:

Do we upload the sims in their package files, and one of you will put them together as a family?

I've heard rumors of an "empty neighborhood" method. Does that mean I build the families as I want them in that neighborhood, with the appropriate relationships and job, and you're able to somehow pull them out of there exactly as I set them up? Do they have to be unplayed?

On a tangent--are we allowed to set sims up with star signs that don't match their personalities? Maxis did with some premades, and born in-game sims can have that, so I don't see why not, but I thought I'd ask.

We want to finish the neighborhood with its lots first. It's going to be easier then.
You can create your family as usual. When you're done. Follow this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=94489

Be sure to pack the clones in .sims2packages. Don't pack freshly extracted sims in .sims2packages. This will corrupt the neighborhood.

Skills, relationships, pregnancies, deceased sims and such will be added later to the neighborhood, so don't add them now. You can tell us who the father should be, or who should be dead, etc. We're going to add those details later but first, we want to do the lots; then we want to make sure that all of the sims are there and then, we're going to finetune the sims (meaning adding pregnancies, relationships, memories, etc.)

It would be nice if the personalities would match with their zodiac signs. In some cases, they have to be the same; twins need to have the same zodiac sign, of course.
But this is not really a hood corrupting thing but they should still have their actual zodiac sign. Born in-game sims are treated a bit differently when it comes to zodiac signs because in CAS, you can only choose 25 personality points but born in-game sims can have more than 25 personality points, that's why the zodiac sign can be different.

Anyway, extract the sims, clone them and pack their clones in .sims2packages. When you're done, write their biographies and names in a text file. So, that we know who they are and how they are related to each other. Don't forget to mention their aspirations, zodiac signs and personality points. Otherwise, we'll randomly choose one.

My Simblr
Page 4 of 34