Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15251 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Yay, you're back! :D

I missed you guys! Can't wait to see what the Goldbeards have been up to :D

@Owly: I am pretty exhausted, but considering the nature of my business (concept art) and all the great people I got to work (and hang out) with, it was actually quite energizing And your motherly side is lovely, don't worry about it. 43°C sounds horrifying! I'm impressed you're still able to do anything! It was 29°C here today and I thought I was going to melt.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#15252 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:04 PM
Another update: 4.24 Merry band of adventurers

Just a few more chapters to go before we finally say farewell to this generation. So there's some ageups in this chapter and a bit more focus on the youngest ones.
Lab Assistant
#15253 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 5:47 PM
Sorry for off topic but I'm considering to buy the last 2 EPs I don't own (IP and ITF) because of the steam sale. Didn't plan to ever buy them, but oh well, I'm sorry wallet. One question about ITF though, will it annoy me if I don't want to play futuristic stuff all the time? As in, will there be people on hoverboards and plumbbots running around in town all the time or something like that? If I can simply avoid it when it doesn't fit into my current game like I can do with supernaturals I'd be fine with that
(sorry, I know nothing about these EPs)
Scholar
Original Poster
#15254 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 6:09 PM
All of the futuristic stuff is confined to another map, kind of like World Adventures, so people won't be zooming around on hoverboards unless you deliberately give them the skills that allow them to do so.

ITF will be annoying if you want NOTHING to do with it, though, since it glitches up random opportunities (you will almost never get one, or only get ones about time travel, ugh). Also the time traveler dude will spawn out of nowhere like the stupid college mascot freak.
Field Researcher
#15255 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:31 PM
Yay! Annie's back! I'm always in awe when I hear people with creative jobs like concept art. Way cooler than what I used to do!

I laughed at the Liebster Award outbreak. It's pretty cool finding out more about all the cool people that blog their stories!

Oy - it's hit just over 100 degrees farenheit here in Texas this past week - and we were without air conditioning! I'm lucky I'm not a puddle of goo right now!

I've got to get back to my updates. I'm stuck on my update. Hopefully I'll get it out today since I have the day to myself!
Field Researcher
#15256 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:01 PM
Yay! I got time to work on my next update! Marriage on the Rocks - all is not well in Midnight Hollow!
Field Researcher
#15257 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 12:10 AM
LOL - just saw the title of your post. Love it!
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
Update time!

2.10 - You've got to be kitten me!

After the entire last chapter was just about Celestine, here's one that features the Feli and the cats.
Lab Assistant
#15258 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:50 PM
I know it's a bit of chapterspam, but this way I'll be able to start next generation next month: 4.25 No two sims are the same

There's romance in the air, stomachproblems, a baby with eyebrows and a creepy cop
Instructor
#15259 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:02 PM
I have an update!
2.11. Alpha

I also have a question. I just did some housekeeping on my blog, and I updated the summary page. It's starting to get LONG and with all the pictures it loads slowly. Would it be helpful to break up my summary page into different pages for different generations? I want to make the summaries accessible for those who are trying to catch up or who forget stuff (this page is 90% for me tbh) but I don't want to crash people's browsers. Also, I'm going to upload a batch of sims soon (including Lark and Nikolas). Are there any sims that people *want*? Again, I upload them 90% for myself just in case my game dies and I have to start over. XD

Field Researcher
#15260 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:35 PM
Taking a trip back to Sunset Valley before I go on vacation! Back in Sunset Vallery Intermission, #2 I really, really, really like Macy & hope she doesn't wind up making a mistake!!

Also, I played theLiebster game . I nominated Owl Face, Sunny, Annie, Urunwa & Marcy.
Lab Assistant
#15261 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:02 PM
No shame: 4.26 Bewitched

Last chapter for this generation, finally.
Field Researcher
#15262 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:15 PM
@Owly don't worry about sounding too "motherly." I thought you just sounded really nice. Also, I think having a separate page for each summary is a good idea if they are especially long.

@MommyIce that sounds terrible with no air conditioning! Mine was broken in May, but luckily it was fixed before summer really started.

I just posted the first chapter of my seventh gen: 7.1 "Not Again"
Field Researcher
#15263 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Marcy : 29th Jun 2017 at 3:47 PM.
Instructor
#15264 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:16 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Werewolf terrorizes citizens of Aurora Skies! Police investigate!*
2.11.5. The Aurora Skies Times Spooky Day Special

I wrote a brief follow up to my previous chapter. I'll have a proper update sometime in the next few days.

*Please read this in appropriate, 1920s paper boy voice.

Scholar
#15265 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:22 AM
I have a new update, Chapter 1.16
Field Researcher
#15266 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Marcy : 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:49 PM.
Lab Assistant
#15267 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 10:14 AM
I have a new chapter I meant to get out about two months ago >_> Gen 7 Ch 5: Surprise Party

Sorry I'm slow at catching up with all your updates! I want to pace myself so I don't binge-read all of them at once and end up with nothing new left to read O_O
Scholar
Original Poster
#15269 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 10:51 PM
Yay, so many new posts to read!

I finally have another chapter up too: Goldbeard RLC Chapter 98: Trial and Error

It's not exactly crawling with gameplay, but I have a checklist of things that "should" happen before I allow the next generation to take over, and this was one of those things.
Instructor
#15270 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 9:02 PM
I also have an update! :D
2.12. Omega

Field Researcher
#15271 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 7th Jul 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Well I'm new to the thread but I read the Archers of Barnacle Bay and some other blogs and darnit after a week of reading I wanted to play it too! I've been a bit of a lurker here lol because I fall head first into challenges I like so I try not to take on too many. Too late, I discovered there's a cheat to play pose animations in the game and before I knew it I was rolling for gen one and building a backstory. Found a great sim generator too for ideas about traits and favorites-
I like the style tab personally. (http://www.scenariogenerator.net/generators/the_sims_3)

Here's my blog (I'm new to blogging but still happy with how it came out)
https://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/ Hidden Things
Meghan and Dustin are the sims of Gen 1!
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Scholar
Original Poster
#15272 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 2:56 AM
Hello and welcome! I look forward to reading your blog!
Field Researcher
#15273 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 4:58 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 9th Jul 2017 at 5:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Hello and welcome! I look forward to reading your blog!

Thank you very much!

@Marcy and @Mochajava. I randomized three of my sim traits and chose two that seemed like decent matches for the Jobs I rolled. It seems like it's working out pretty well that way. Don't think I could handle randomizing all of them, and I also hold an ill-conceived resentment towards the game for leaving out most traits at sim birth, so I'm leaving myself the option of changing one when they're an adult if it's something I feel they could develop or grow out of. (extreme example but if a loves the outdoors sims gets struck by lightening or almost drowns or whatever, maybe they wouldn't love it so much. Or an athletic sim depressed could become a couch potato- this is not something I've done in a challenge yet but I want the option if there's a scenario that would be enriched by it)

Also @Nocriel to followup about IP and ITF.. IP is incredibly beautiful but really hard to play if you don't change the neighborhood up. There are some homes that cause stuck sims (a houseboat door can't be opened because a sink was left in the way, that sort of thing). It's my favorite world but I never play it with a legacy for more than a generation, even after world fixes it's huge and the game has a lot to calculate. You can get versions of it here with varying levels of emptiness, that extra activities and ability to snorkel etc are all worth the price. ITF doesn't effect normal gameplay and the bots are great because you can add levels of ability or sentience. Also the indoor 'grass' rugs you can plant on are AMAZING and I use them everywhere. So glad you're trying them out, I think you'll like them!

And nice to meet you all too lol

7/8/17 EDIT: Here's the second update (almost done with the prologue! http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...ngs-meghan.html Hidden Things part 2
I won't update again until after the weekend I don't think since I'm taking so long to do it and I have to study... a lot. SO I hope this is a good start.

7/9/17 EDIT: Dangit I lied I can't stop writing these people! End of Prologue is up now too: http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...ing-future.html

Pictures are outtakes that didn't make it in the blog, but still they're so cute :3
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Scholar
#15274 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 8:03 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1.17 - Now off to play
Instructor
#15275 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 5:25 PM Last edited by owl_face : 10th Jul 2017 at 9:04 PM.
Rant rant rant! I used to use photobucket for my legacy pics but it seems they have stopped allowing third party hosting. So I'm going to go back and fix about half my posts for my random legacy so any future readers can see the pictures. There's no point to this. I'm just really annoyed. And I wanted to rant. >:c

I have the pictures for the next update but I've been distracted by 1) the aforementioned picture debacle and 2) something I'm working on for mah tumblr. I'll try to update again by my blog's one year anniversary (July 19th).

Edit: It took me all morning but I fixed the pictures on my blog! Now I just need to do the same thing for my old legacy. ;_; Good thing I'm a digital packrat, I suppose.

Page 611 of 676