Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
Sounds like you're having a great time.

I am! :-) I moved the whole lot of them, graves and all, to a bigger lot and a more sensibly designed house. The three boys are now children, other than that nothing much has changed - I haven't played the household for a while now and the time I did spend playing them mainly went into building their new house! :-D
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beafish123
Mine was going great, until the husband glitched so he wouldnt get out of bed (me not figuring out it was a glitch until it was too late )

im kinda depressed now and debating giving up the challenge so she can bring him back from the dead and live happily ever after...but probably not..

heres my ISBI challenge album if anyone wants to look

http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/...eafish123/Isib/

If a game glitch causes something to happen I just cheat and fix it. I'd bring the dad back to like and keep playing it as an ISBI.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:26 AM
About kids getting taken away due to overheating (& I have a CC bed toddlers love to jump on), can they be directed to go to another room, where there's something else fun to do? Could "call over" a child to stop them, but don't think can do this with toddlers. Trying to figure out how many people would live in house by 5 generations..wouldn't there ALWAYS be 6? pair of elders, Heir & mate, & their 2 kids (is one "spare" enough?)..by the time those kids are adults, wouldn't the elders die?.. But it sounds like people have MORE in the household.. so it doesn't sound that tough..eh? PS: would leave mod for big families active, but remove a romance mod that would result in unwanted pregnancy & other complications.. But I will start this interesting thing & hope for more info.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 10:46 PM
Default My story
I created Lotta Hair in University. This is in Pleasanwateratablossomville - a hood I created with many families from the differant original hoods (which I downloaded). Most of the people are my playable Sims, so they aren't "acceptable mates" but it's fun to see how they will interact with my innocent Lotta.

In the first picture, Lotta makes a phone call home, with Benedick Monty, Jessica Capp, and Xenon Test (an alien/frog cross from my Frog challenge) rocking out - as usual. "Hi, Gramma, I'm all moved in and meetin lots of people.

2nd pic: Gramma wanted me to go to college where some old families attend, but they all seem pretty strange. That Benedick Monty - if he's not teasing me about my freakles, he's sneaking up on me and grabbing things.

3rd: I've met the sweetest boy, Edwin Sharpe. With that shaggy hair, he looks like the cutest surfer dude! He talks about living on the beach, but I hope he's not just a beach bum; Gramma always told me it's important to think about my future.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#30 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:21 PM
Default Lotta Hair's story,part 2
College life went by so fast..we've moved to that beach Edwin always talked about, and had our first fight! Geez, when he said "lot" I assumed there would be a house, or at least some trees. I guess it's a good thing he helped himself to some furniture from our dorm, as we don't have much money, and no jobs yet.

We've build a modest home, and I'm planting trees; I intend to make this a home for many future generations.

We went to the mall to get jobs, and a more professional look for me. Edwin didn't have much fashion sense in college, and when he became an adult he still wanted to wear shorts, but Gramma says I mustn't try to change him. I promised to "leave him alone". {The hardest part of this challenge!}
Screenshots

Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:43 AM
Just wondering - is this challenge still up for grabs? How does one state their intention to begin a challenge? I just happen to have a solitary Sim that has recently completed his University degree, and it sounds like a lark...
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Abrahadarba
Just wondering - is this challenge still up for grabs? How does one state their intention to begin a challenge? I just happen to have a solitary Sim that has recently completed his University degree, and it sounds like a lark...

You just go for it! There's not set times for starting or finishing challenges and no reward for completing one (other than the fun of trying it and maybe bragging rights!), so if you want to give it a go you can do so anytime! If you want to post about what you're up to here you can, and of course if you have questions or whatever about the challenge rules people will try and help you out :-)

It is a lot of fun :-D
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 3:56 AM Last edited by beafish123 : 29th Dec 2011 at 10:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
If a game glitch causes something to happen I just cheat and fix it. I'd bring the dad back to like and keep playing it as an ISBI.

I would have but then I would have had to unlock the career reward for paranormal and that seemed like too much of a cheat to me *shrug* shes an elder by now anyway. I might have a future generation go for the paranormal career so if it happens again, I'll be prepared...

My game gets too many happy endings anyway. lol
Mad Poster
#34 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 4:48 AM
Default The Hair story - 3
Opps, we got a bit carried away in the phone booth. Hope nothing -you know - HAPPENED; we need to be established in our careers before we start a family.

Ooo, shoes, jewelry! Got a new outfit for our beach house, but "extras" will have to wait.

Edwin, that's a terrible burn! No dear, even a wet suit (snicker) won't protect your delicate skin from burning.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:03 AM
Default The Hair story -4
Well, the twins were a surprise (but a wonderful one!). Harietta & Harry Hair (the heir). I think he's going to be a strange one..{sorry for the plumb-bob, this glitch took me by surprise }.

Harry becomes a teen; recognize my college friends? {I changed "control" to him at this point; forgot it was supposed to be when he became ADULT! Going to continue anyway..}

Harry gets abducted - continuing his "strange ways". {I've never had a teen get abducted - & only the 2nd time he watched stars}
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#36 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:27 AM
Default The Hair story - 5
{Hope this turn of events doesn't offend. I have a hack that allows spontaneous actions, which I mostly STOP, but his faces and reactions were not "created" by me - & surprised me!- so I am letting him "write" his story!} Any body have comments?
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#37 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 4:51 AM
Some questions: the rules sound like I can send the POTENTIAL heir to college, and control him there. If I can get him to fall in love with someone, can I then ask the love-interest to move into the dorm (or house in college?) - and then control BOTH of them? But the rules say something about "right before becoming an adult".. when he moves back home he will BE an adult - so he becomes the heir (controlable) then? Sounds like everyone (except sibs of the heir) have to continue to live together, but may move to another house - right? My 1st sim (Lotta Hair) started in college, got ingaged to a townie there; they both moved onto a small beach lot & had 2 kids. First kid (Harry) had abduction child (Jerry) and is now middle-aged. I want to send Jerry to college and find a future bride there. I want them to have at least 2 kids, and lots of pets - just because there is not enough caos with a little household! I assume Jerry will have to move home, then move out with everyone to a new lot. Does all this sound correct?

Mad Poster
#38 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 1:32 AM Last edited by grammapat : 9th Dec 2010 at 1:45 AM.
Default The Hair story
Mom passed away after a long illness; we buried her by the palm tree she planted. Dad has started "sunbathing" again - in that funky wet-suit Mom used to laugh about. Last winter Sis moved back east to marry some VIP named Landgrab. I thought a visit would cheer him up; he keeps talking about how much my twin, Harietta, look like mom. What I noticed was her maid outfit, her unhappy tired eyes, and the lack of a wedding ring.

My son Jerry is born -the strange result of yet another abduction. I am working now; so is Milton (did I forget to tell you he moved in?), and I wonder if Dad is up to babysitting.... sometimes he will hold Jerry for hours, but seems confused when a diaper needs changing, and sometimes just lays him on the floor and wanders off.

One morning when I went to work Dad was waiting for his turn to play with Jerry. But when I came home Jerry was filthy and crying on the floor! I decided to hire a nanny..
But the next day he became a toddler - with Mom's red hair! So I'll stay home a few days.

A few days later, we got a surprise visit from my twin, Harietta. She explained that Lotta's father, Malcolm Landgrab, treated her like a servent and never intended to marry her. She actually LIKED keeping a house, and had found a kindred spirit in their European butler. He has found positions for both of them in a grand house in England with a genteel family he know. They will be treated (and paid!) well; but bringing a child is not possible. It really didn't take much to convince me - the cousins are so cute together.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 6:49 AM
Neat story you're telling!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 7:40 AM
I remember when I did the Asylum Challenge back before restarting my game! A real hoot, that was...I need to try this.

Challa Hills will never be lacking in challenges at this rate!

Storyteller and lover of ridiculously overcomplicated plotlines. Very inactive and not especially interested in the Sims anymore (my game's been bugged out for months anyway).
Mad Poster
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 9:51 PM
My game went stupid and I had to reinstall, and I forgot to save the neighbourhood that this household was in....... So I'm starting again now with a new founder :-) I shall keep you all posted on how it's going!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 3:21 AM
Default sadness
Quote: Originally posted by TaliaKirana
Neat story you're telling!

But it has come to an end; my matcheen went poo-poo -- again. And the off-site back-up I had installed just for such a disaster was ill-advised: it did NOT save GAME info! And the worst is my Download folder loss; so many game mods I have virtually a whole custom game... gone, all gone. The only reason I still play is to interact with others, and try to learn how to DO things like create stories. It will be a long process to re-build.

Instructor
#43 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 8:28 PM
sounds interesting
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:00 PM
I just started this challenge, mostly in an attempt to break myself of being such a controlling simmer. I'm the kind of player that pauses the game, racks up like five commands in a row, and then goes speed 3 through them. There is no randomness to my sims lives. I read forums about the crazy things that happen and it makes me sad that I miss out on those things.
So I'm playing this challenge to hopefully remedy that. So far it has been interesting. I saw the first ACR woohoo (I've had ACR installed for months but my sims never got the freetime to autonomously get together) and my first sink sponge bath (why my sim's husband refuses to use the tub in the very next room and instead strips to the nude in the kitchen and washes himself that way I will not understand).
However, I've found that in some ways I play the way I did before. I control my girl a ton, and kinda just let her husband do his own thing like he is a townie that just happens to be around. I feel like this is not the point of the challenge.
So I'm asking for some hints/tips on how y'all control the non-torch holders lives through your torch holder. I call him to eat every time I make a meal but how do y'all get your sims to build skills or bathe or sleep or anything else? And is it cheating to use information that pops up? (Like my sim was "so excited that he tried that music and dance activity!")
Thanks guys! I'm really excited to get further into this challenge!!!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:55 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:45 AM.
I'm just starting this challenge again, so I'll be sure to let everyone know how my new founder Gareth Simmons is getting on! :-) I've had so many game issues and laptop issues since last time I tried this, but I'm looking forward to starting again! :-D

My attempt this time won't really be comparable to other people's attempts, as I have a mod in my game to edit the lifestage durations, so that one sim day is roughly equal to one real life year as far as ages are concerned. This means that my sim babies, toddlers, children, teens and elders don't spend as long in those lifestages, whereas my adults are adults for 42 days. I'm also playing with ACR and Inteen installed, and I intend to make use of them :-)

**Update** Well, Gareth has settled into his new home in Amersfylde already! He dated a couple of townies, but decided to marry Lindsay Louie (now Lindsay Louie Simmons). Click here for pictures. They have 2 bolts for each other, so there's definitely chemistry there! :-) They recently had twins (gotta love cheesecake) - a boy, William Simmons, and a girl, Catherine Simmons (Upcoming British royal wedding, anyone? Can you tell I wasn't feeling hugely creative?! :-D).

I've decided that male children will become the heir/torchholder in preference to female children; girls will only become the torchholder if there are no males available, whether that's due to none being born in a generation or due to them dying young. So William stands to be my next torchholder - if he survives that long!

The twins are now teens, and William will take over as torchholder in 3 or 4 days. I rolled a dice to decide the twins' aspirations, and Catherine rolled Family and William Romance. I shall be sending them both to college when they turn 18, but only William will return to the household. The day after the twins became teens Lindsay gave birth to her and Gareth's ACR baby, Harry Simmons. He is now a toddler. All three youngsters have their Mum's hair colour (brown) and eye colour (brown). They also have her eye shape, so it'll be interesting to see if that continues to show up in future generations. Ooooh, and Gareth was given a magic lamp by the gypsy! :-) I haven't decided what to do with it yet though.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 10:11 PM Last edited by beafish123 : 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:53 PM.
I never made it to the third generation because I deleted the neighborhood. I recently tried again. I failed epically. My sim's husband died. I have no idea what he died from, as his icon thing showed him in yellow, so I don't think he died of starvation. His ghost showed up as white, which I think is old age...but he wasn't old... My torch holder had twins (Wendy and Lisa), and never fully recovered from her pregnancy. She went outside to clean something up and her husband's ghost scared her to death. So my ISBI ended during generation one.

I think I'm going to start another one soon...though it seems like this thread is somewhat abandoned...

EDIT: I guess I lost already. Everyone is alive, but after further reading I guess I've been cheating. I asked a date what turns him on.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

LJ Tumblr
Mad Poster
#47 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 11:26 PM
Looking for a new challenge, I was surprised to find ME here...I had totally forgotten! So I'm going to give it a try, using mods that allow any number of people (or pets) on lot, plus ACR (which will, after the initial settings, allow attonomous baby (and enemy!) making.

Is this thread still supported? I had - and still have - questions.

Starting with a college student...

Mad Poster
#48 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:17 AM
I just started this myself. Also with a YA. I chose to use Delilah O'feefe, from Académie Le Tour.

I'm not sure how seriously I'll be taking this challenge just yet. At this point, I'm just plinking around pretty casually. Features in later EPs that aren't covered in the rules will make it too easy, if exploited, and I'm not sure yet what I'm going to allow and what I'll need to ban myself from doing.

For instance, I've had Delilah become a witch. Having the torchbearer be either a witch or a plantsim probably shouldn't be allowed, but I'll probably do a bit of playing around with those options anyway.

At the other end, I'm also considering a vampire torchbearer, at some point.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 12:13 AM
Hello, Mangaroo?

You said previously EVERYONE should stay on the lot, but the original said adult siblings could move out if they fell in love, and both could then breafly be controlled and "move out right away". This implies that you "peeked" to see that they were in love, and told the sib to have the lover move in. Besides, the lot will get too full in just a few generations.

Original also said that if a teen was in love they could take their intended with them (HOW?!) and then you COULD control both while in college. My first sim started in college; as a senior he kept wanting to propose to various girls. I picked one, then moved him to his own place (& built a house consisting of a bedroom/bath! ..he was broke). Then invited his fience to move in. And with my interpretation of the rules, I am controlling both. Not surprisingly, she's also a family sim, but a new freshman!

So does this sound OK? Mangaroo? ANyone?

Also: I know he can stay in the house a little while after graduating - will he be able to get a job? And he will still leave before she gets very far; when he moves back to home-hood I know he can invite her over and have her move in. QUESTION: will she have memory of going to college?

Mad Poster
#50 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:02 AM
He won't be able to get a job till he leaves campus.

If you invite a dormie to move in while on campus, she'll start as a freshman and be a normal playable in all respects. If you invite a dormie to move in after you've left campus, she'll have the same degree as you and be a normal college graduate, with go to college memories, six wants, etc.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 2 of 3