Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 2:58 AM Last edited by Nazzy601 : 29th Apr 2018 at 3:54 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] Guess who's back... Hoodchecker issues Part Deux
Hey Guys, so I checked into my Hoodchecker with my new 'hood. Things have been running smooth, corruption is minimal (It's really to non-existent with removing it). A new thing I'm nervous about has arisen however; in hoodchecker under Memories it says:

Owner and Subject are different: 0x00C1 Trinity Watson: Became a Werewolf (Subject: 0x0071 Abhijeet Deppiesse)

Trinity is a townie I created and I did make her a Werewolf with the Sim Transformer Painting. There's no issue there with the painting. I do have clean Pleasantview Neighborhood templates by Jawusa. Most of the "corruption" that HoodChecker checks is from that (there being no pleasantview townies/npcs/playables/etc. for my new hood to go off aka "non-existent" files) but the corruption can be removed with a blink of an eye and my hood once again has no problems like brand-spanking new. This however isn't gone yet. I know Abhijeet is a Pleasantview townie and not an object so I'm not freaking out just curious on how to get rid of this. I'm a newbie to messing around in SimPE and don't want to mess up my game anymore than I have in the past, so is there anyway for me to clean this up; delete the memory; change it?

Thank you!

PS Does anyone know if using the Social Worker as a patient sim in Sim Surgery causes corruption? I have an Orphanage and wanted to make the social worker NPC look the same as my playable. I know social workers are usually glitchy (and I think on the list of NPCs to not mess with) or the Pleasantview one was. But I won't be messing around with changing NPCs names; I know that causes corruption too.

MICAHMicah
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 8:07 AM
Do you have this hack? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1482.0 It fixes a bug where random stuff gets put in the memory of becoming a werewolf.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do you have this hack? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1482.0 It fixes a bug where random stuff gets put in the memory of becoming a werewolf.

I do; I have the director's cut and I checked and it's in there! So now I'm very confused lol

MICAHMicah
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 7:15 PM
Pescado's mod fixes a bug in the standard Maxis process of becoming a werewolf, where your sim would get random sims or objects in the memory even after being properly bitten by the Leader of the Pack or savaged by a playable werewolf who is supposed to be mentioned in the memory.

I'm no modder, but I'm guessing that if you use a hack like the painting, potions, batbox, etc. to turn a sim into a werewolf, there's no actual sim that turned your sim into a werewolf so a random sim gets put into the memory instead. Since you're bypassing the normal process of becoming a werewolf, Pescado's mod won't help here. Maybe someone more familiar with modding or how the werewolf process works could confirm whether I'm on the right track here?
Alchemist
#5 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nazzy601
Hey Guys, so I checked into my Hoodchecker with my new 'hood. Things have been running smooth, corruption is minimal (It's really to non-existent with removing it). A new thing I'm nervous about has arisen however; in hoodchecker under Memories it says:

Owner and Subject are different: 0x00C1 Trinity Watson: Became a Werewolf (Subject: 0x0071 Abhijeet Deppiesse)

Trinity is a townie I created and I did make her a Werewolf with the Sim Transformer Painting. [/B]

Doesn't this mean that Trinity has a memory of Abhijeet becoming a werewolf? I don't know what causes it, if Abhijeet didn't become a werewolf. This is usually what you see if Trinity witnessed it or was a family member who would know or if she heard gossip about it, but, if it seems wrong, it seems you could fix it in SimPE, but it might not really matter. Are you having problems?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 2:15 AM
It could be that Sunrader due to other playables having relationships w/ non-existent characters but those can be easily removed. I think RoxEllen hit the nail on the head because the game maybe trying to come up with a reason for why she was turned but I'm not sure.

MICAHMicah
Alchemist
#7 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 1:03 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 19th Apr 2018 at 12:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nazzy601
It could be that Sunrader due to other playables having relationships w/ non-existent characters but those can be easily removed. I think RoxEllen hit the nail on the head because the game maybe trying to come up with a reason for why she was turned but I'm not sure.

I would probably just change the subject in SimPE, just because I like memories and imagine them to have an effect, but I don't think it really matters.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 2:23 PM
The social worker is quite safe to give a makeover to. The social worker is actually quite OK to have as a visitor, all of her nasty 'take the kids' behaviour comes from her vehicle not her. If she is on a lot in her capacity as a service sim then your sims won't be able to travel anywhere until she leaves (that is a function of cars) but if she's there as a visitor that should not occur. Her bad reputation is quite unwarranted.

I really wouldn't worry about one memory problem found by the HoodChecker, compared to the hundreds that it would have seen as OK that is very minor. Perhaps tweak it in SimPE next time you have that 'Hood open in SimPE but it's not something that's going to spread or cause more problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 3:15 PM
Thank you guys so much!!

MICAHMicah
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Poppy : 19th Apr 2018 at 7:22 PM. Reason: Rmemebered to mention a mod i have.
I've had this exact problem happen to me as well! However mine has a bit of a twist, oddly enough...

So i'm playing a college lot, one of my sims is a werewolf, and i choose to turn a cheerleader into one by savaging her. Works fine, everything's good. Play for a few more hours, stop, check hoodchecker, nothing out of the ordinary. Come next day, i play for a few more hours, and suddenly, hoodchecker has but one issue;

Owner and Subject are different: 0x02E4 Veronica Vijayakar: Became a Werewolf (Subject: 0x01B6 Father Time (NPC))

This did not appear after Veronica became a werewolf, it happened a few hours *after* she became one. Neither Veronica nor Father Time has any odd memories (Veronica actually doesn't have a memory of becoming a werewolf in SimPE, but neither does my playable werewolf sim either... So idunno what's up with that.)

So what the hell does this mean? Should i be seriously worried? Hoodchecker doesn't want to get rid of it, and i can't figure out what it means...

Quick edit: I also have the creature fix, as well as clean versions of strangetown and la fiesta tech, the two hoods i'm using here.

Aaand another edit: I have a very, very recent backup, about 2-4 hours before this thing popped up. Should i bother trying to find out how to fix this, or just reinstall and restore my backup?
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 1:40 PM
The game has a flaw with that memory, when it is first applied in the interaction 'Social - Fight - Attack - Werewolf' the parameters sent to set up the memory is the sim's Nid for both param 0 and param 1 which is correct. Later the Lycanthropy Controller will add the memory again but this time param 0 is the sim's Nid but param 1 is the sim's Id, the value of the sim's id could correspond with any random neighbour's Nid. The Lycanthropy Controller will do the same thing every night so even if you fix it'll probably come back.