Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 27
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#76 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:38 AM
WOW! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#77 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:45 AM
Help! Whenever I get my sims to do one of the custom interactions, nothing happens!
Test Subject
#78 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:50 AM
When I will do doze he isn't getting the jar but I am supposed with jars inside as it to fix the pot because I have but clean interaction how I will click on the pot
Test Subject
#79 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 12:13 PM
Awesome job! I really like this mod
And here is Traditional Chinese translation!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Traditional Chinese_Strings.zip (4.7 KB, 17 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 12:27 PM
Oh yesss! Been waiting for this. Thank you so much! <3
Mad Poster
#81 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by milordeq
When I will do doze he isn't getting the jar but I am supposed with jars inside as it to fix the pot because I have but clean interaction how I will click on the pot

Untick Fresh Ingredients is not working properly. Buy (Planter, Fruit Seed pack) or pick some Apples, at least 6. You can use the canning station then.
Test Subject
#82 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
Untick Fresh Ingredients is not working properly. Buy (Planter, Fruit Seed pack) or pick some Apples, at least 6. You can use the canning station then.

I use Apple from Fruit Seed pack
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:36 PM
Awesome thx!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#84 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 9:58 PM
Firstly, thank you for this mod!! Seriously, I love playing gardener/chef sims, and more stuff to do with their crops is a lot of fun. I wasn't sure if it was just me though - the plasma jam/bread gave my vampire sim a stomach ache from "human" food… is it supposed to?
Theorist
#85 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by milordeq

Despite re-wording it your question is still not very clear and I think it's going to be hard for you to get an answer. Do you think you could type it in your native language and let us figure it out? Can you try google translate?

Quote: Originally posted by properpanda
Firstly, thank you for this mod!! Seriously, I love playing gardener/chef sims, and more stuff to do with their crops is a lot of fun. I wasn't sure if it was just me though - the plasma jam/bread gave my vampire sim a stomach ache from "human" food… is it supposed to?

Only if they have the "withered stomach" weakness. they are spreading it on bread after all. Plasma salad does this too, and it's working as intended. If you want them to eat food, don't give them that particular weakness xD
Test Subject
#86 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Javo2005
Help! Whenever I get my sims to do one of the custom interactions, nothing happens!

Same here
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:34 AM
This is so amazing. What an addition to gameplay. Love it. So useful and good for my more organic, nature living and loving sims. And my vegans. So awesome. You've made the food in this game so much better. I adore you. Thanks for all the cool work you do. Are you going to do any more food based skills like drying herbs, plants and things?
Test Subject
#88 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:51 PM Last edited by bananabear : 9th Aug 2017 at 3:53 PM. Reason: missed something out
Can someone help me download this mod on my mac? I've downloaded the files then dragged them into the mods folder in the EA files but when I opened up my game the canning station wasn't there. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I also have the get to work expansion pack.
Test Subject
#89 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bananabear
Can someone help me download this mod on my mac? I've downloaded the files then dragged them into the mods folder in the EA files but when I opened up my game the canning station wasn't there. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Have you enabled mods and custom content in the game's settings?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#90 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
THIS IS AMAZING O.O I have been waiting for this and i LOVE THIS!!
wonderful job as always!
Test Subject
#91 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:43 PM
I use Apple from Fruit Seed pack (translate from Polish langunae)
Test Subject
#92 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LooselyBound
Have you enabled mods and custom content in the game's settings?

Yes I've enabled custom content and script mods. In the instructions it says to install the.zip file but I can't find it in the list of files? Could that be it?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#93 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flowerpower
Same here

Same here. Tested everything, black plate, took out all mods and still nothing, repaired game and also created new electronic arts folder in my documents, still nothing.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#94 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bananabear

Hi,
You need to unzip the .rar files before dropping them in your mods folder

@ShigemiNotoge thank you so much! I would not have explained it better

Quote: Originally posted by sylwuska
Same here. Tested everything, black plate, took out all mods and still nothing, repaired game and also created new electronic arts folder in my documents, still nothing.

Quote: Originally posted by flowerpower
Same here

Quote: Originally posted by Javo2005

Hi,
1. Do you have the Base mod file + preserve file + Black Plate file ? (Just to be sure, all the files have to be unzipped before putting it in the mods folder)
2. Do you have the necessary skill level ?
3. Does the Picker menu appear ?
4. Do you have the necessary ingredients?

Thank you so much @YuuNyuu and @wuccwzt for the translations :lovestruc ! I will update the mod with the translations as soon as I find some time!
Test Subject
#95 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
Hello! I was wondering if someone could help me. I dowloaded three parts of this mod yesterday (the base, the preserves and the back plate) and unzipped them (I'm on Mac) before putting them in my mods folder. I forwent the custom harvestable preserves and shelves because I don't have any custom harvestable mods and I don't really need the shelves.
I went into my game and immediately I recieved a notification that said that I had an "outdated mod". At the time, I wasn't sure that it was the canning station because I had downloaded a couple of other unrelated bug fixes. I started to play (I didn't really have any trouble with regular gameplay) and bought a canning station. This is how I know the mods made it properly into my mods folder. It was really nice looking, but when I went to use any of the three interactions with it the same notification appeared and my sims couldn't interact with the canning station. Does anyone know why this happened? Am I missing an integral part of the mod? I don't think I have any other mods that would conflict with it (I update and clean out my mods folder twice a week, and most of my mods are just CAS custom content) so I'm a little confused.
I really hope I can get this mod to work! It looks like so much fun, and I would really like to have some of my sims go into more earth-based hobbies such as harvesting, gardening, canning, etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:36 PM
This is just insane!!! How good this looks!!! thank you for sharing it!!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#97 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:28 PM
Thank you for this. I look forward to your creations more than Maxis stuff packs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:35 AM
Too cool! Can not wait to use it! Your awesome! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:28 AM
Thanks! Can you do a Nectar Making one as well?
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:40 PM
Thank you very much for this icemunmun.
Finally my sims can do something with all the harvestables they got.

Here's the German translation.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Canning Station German Strings.zip (5.0 KB, 32 downloads)
Page 4 of 27