Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 25
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 12:11 AM
does it work with patch 1.24?
Inventor
Original Poster
#152 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 7:01 AM
@Chocobo: I'll just copy my notes about the patch from the overview page:

Quote:
Updated the ready-made flavors for patch 1.24. (The patch only brings a minor change related to the "Own a bar" lifetime wish.) The tool still works with the new patch. If you want to update your existing self-created memory mod make sure you have the latest version of the tool (see last update), start the tool, click load and select your old package, and then click save to save your updated package.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 1:11 AM Last edited by Mayeye : 11th Aug 2011 at 1:29 AM. Reason: figured it out I think
figured it out
Test Subject
#154 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:40 AM Last edited by Anaria : 17th Aug 2011 at 12:38 PM.
This sounds really really great.

I seem to have a problem though...
I downloaded, unpacked and tried to start the .exe file but it does absolutely nothing.

Edit:
I checked with task manager, it seems to open but it closes before the window could show up. I tried running it as admin too but it's the same.
Inventor
Original Poster
#155 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 7:32 PM
@Anaria: Which version of Windows are you running? Maybe you're missing some .NET framework libraries.
Test Subject
#156 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Anaria: Which version of Windows are you running? Maybe you're missing some .NET framework libraries.

.NET 3.5 was missing, now it's working.
Thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#157 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 6:09 PM
@Anaria: I'm glad it you got it to work. Thanks for letting me know.
Test Subject
#158 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 11:24 AM
hope some one can help please... am I totally missing something??
I download the package file... unzip, but what is the memory_modder.exe??
all i have when i unzip is the velocitygrass_no_automatic_memories.package

no .exe at all... what have i missed please?
i am used to downloading the package files to my mods folder, and they already to go!!
thanks in advance.
Inventor
Original Poster
#159 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:43 PM
@pdnz: If you want the tool to create your own package, you need to download it. It's the TS3_Memory_Modder_Game_Strings.zip. You downloaded velocitygrass_no_automatic_memories.zip, which is a pre-generated package that stops all automatic creation of memories.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 12:43 PM
thanks great! :D
Test Subject
#161 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:36 PM
I am using a macbook and the file wouldnt open for me. Can you tell me if it is compatible or not?
Inventor
Original Poster
#162 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:56 AM
@teeteelouise: The pre-packaged files should work. The program is a .NET program. I think there are ways to get them to work on a Mac with Mono, but I can't say for sure that it works and don't know how to get that running I'm afraid.

I just found a thread to get tools to work on OS X. Maybe one of the options listed there works for you and you can get support if it doesn't.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#163 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 6:47 AM
This is GENIUS!!! Thanks so much--again! When I saw my townies getting memories arounbd me I knew simething was up. I don't want any inactive sims getting memories unless I'm playing them--wth, EA? You're clogging up people's games with this needlessness! I'm trying to get the 200 memories badge, but after I hit 135 my game crashed, and wouldn't upload any more to the site--grrrr....now I'll have to do the last hour of needless memorizations all over again! And my sim just got mauled at the mausoleum, too!
Test Subject
#164 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 7:30 PM
I downloaded the tool, but everytime I try to use it, a message pops up saying that there's an error and it needs to close...I need help!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 11:52 PM
Thank goodness. This changed my life... Or my Sims' life, at least. Thanks again! :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#166 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 5:59 PM
@Jeela-Nu: Which OS are you running on? Another user said that .NET 3.5 was missing for them. Could that be the reason?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:39 PM
I've been annoyed by that automatic memory thingy.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 11:57 AM
Is there anyway to quickly delete the memories i disabled as ones made before i had this tool!
Inventor
Original Poster
#169 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 1:32 PM
@Karlissa: Twallan's Master Controller has an option to delete all, duplicate, or imageless memories, but deletion based on the list that this mods creates it's not possible with it. It should be possible to write a mod that does that. I'll make a note of that suggestion.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Karlissa: Twallan's Master Controller has an option to delete all, duplicate, or imageless memories, but deletion based on the list that this mods creates it's not possible with it. It should be possible to write a mod that does that. I'll make a note of that suggestion.
Thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#171 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 2:09 PM
Hey there. I just wanted to check and see if anyone more Mono-savvy than me (which wouldn't be hard) had gotten the tool to run with Mono. When I attempt it, I get the error "Unhandled Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: No access to the given key". There are a bunch of references to the datatype "Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey", so I'm guessing the application is trying and failing to reach something in the Windows registry.

Failing that, I have a Windows-using friend who has the same expansions I do. Can I run the tool on her computer and produce a package file that I can install on my Mac, like the "Only Important Memories" posted here?

Thanks so much for this! I'm using "Only Important Memories" now, and it's such a lifesaver. But it seems like the longer you use something great, the more you want to tweak it .
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#172 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 4:11 AM
- Gay marriage in the screenshots! Yay!! -

Thanks for sharing this! Great idea ^^
Inventor
Original Poster
#173 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 11:28 PM
@echoweaver: Sorry, I still haven't looked further into the Mono issue. If you have a friend who can create a package for you on a Windows machine, you can use that package on your Mac.

@Loolitah: I like to use my main Sims 3 couple for my screenshots :D
Test Subject
#174 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 11:22 PM
Hey, I was wondering if you plan to update this mod when the Pets expansion comes out. This mod is a life saver, and with Pets having memories...ughh. -.- I'm really hoping you would! I dunno how I'll play the game without this. o.o
Inventor
Original Poster
#175 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:11 PM
@CatCreature: I just checked and the tool should work fine with Pets. I've updated the "no automatic memories" flavor of the ready-made packages. The "only important memories" will come at a later point, though anyone can manually update it with the tool.

I've added quick instructions in the latest update message in the overview.
Page 7 of 25