Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 22 of 25
Field Researcher
#526 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 7:51 AM
I recently installed the 'no memories' version of the mod and, now I can't create custom memories. I checked with Dashboard and could see no conflicts, so I'm baffled as to why I can't create custom memories now. I can use the 'capture this moment' button in game but, after the moment has been captured, the option to post the custom memory does not come up at all.
Mad Poster
#527 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 11:50 AM
MoxieGraphix, I use the No Memories version of this in my game and I can still capture custom memories and upload them without any problems. Perhaps it is something else causing the issue.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#528 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
MoxieGraphix, I use the No Memories version of this in my game and I can still capture custom memories and upload them without any problems. Perhaps it is something else causing the issue.

Well, it must have been. I just came back to tell you that after a reboot, it's working fine. I just tried again. Not sure what it was. Maybe my computer was being a butthead. I have no idea why it wouldn't work last night but work tonight.

Anyway, ignore that report
Test Subject
#529 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 4:51 AM
I wanted to let you know that I HAD updated the No Automatic Memories program to the latest version, and that my game is completely reinstalled and updated, and when I put my mods folder back in, I immediately had the missing LTWs, missing periodic wants, and missing GUI upon changing households (with other symptoms, as well, related to the same issue).

I had tested this out by taking out my mods folder, before reinstalling from scratch, and the problem did not go away, so I figured it was NOT a mod problem.

However, tonight, all was well until I added my entire mods folder (with all mods updated to the latest versions). After that folder was added, BOOM...the problem duplicated itself from before.

This time, however, when I removed the mods, the problem went away...OK...time to test one mod at a time. I did this until the only one remaining was No Automatic Memories, because I remembered that I had set the in-game controls to DISABLE MEMORIES.

As soon as I put in the No Automatic Memories mod, BOOM...the problem was back again. I removed the mod and retested. All is running perfectly.

I have a feeling that the mod wouldn't cause the problem if I did NOT disable the memory system entirely, but I don't want any of the memories in my game, so I'm OK with not using the mod.

I'm thinking, though, that you might want to test that yourself, to see what happens.
Top Secret Researcher
#530 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 8:59 PM
I'm having a problem with this mod since patch 1.50.
I downloaded the "TS3_Memory_Modder_Game_Strings.zip", i made the package file and placed it on the mods folder. Before patch 1.50 everything worked fine.
After i updated to patch 1.50. I downloaded again this mod and made a new package file. When i entered the game on CAS there is no Life time wishes... I tryed the mods i have one by one and it's definitely this mod that is causing the issue. I just downloaded it again, made a new package file and the problem continues
What could be wrong?
Inventor
Original Poster
#531 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 6:28 PM
@lindawing: I just tested the no automatic memories package with memories disabled in game (I set enablememories to 3 in the options.ini to make sure the setting takes) and I could create a new sim with LTWs without problems. The fact that the problem persisted for a bit after removing the mods folder is strange. Maybe it was a cache issue? I generally do not ever have to delete my caches to get mods to work, but I've heard from cases where deleting the cache files helped.

@venusprincess100: I'm not sure what could be wrong. Have you deleted the cache files? If that doesn't help, can you upload the package you created so that I can take a look?
Top Secret Researcher
#532 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@venusprincess100: I'm not sure what could be wrong. Have you deleted the cache files? If that doesn't help, can you upload the package you created so that I can take a look?

Thank you so much for your reply. I got it to work now. I decided to try again and made another package file and it worked fine. I'm guessing the problem was that i was selecting an option from an EP i don't have.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#533 Old 11th May 2013 at 12:28 PM
Hi thanks for the mods but could you upload the mods for the previous patch?
Because I only have expansions until Showtime and diesel stuff and the mods won't work for it .
I'm not going to install further expansions because now my sims3 keep occuring the save error code 12 I hope to resolve it with no automatic memories asap
Big thanks!
Inventor
Original Poster
#534 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:36 AM
@czlew: If you download the tool, you can create a package for the patch level you are currently running.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#535 Old 31st May 2013 at 11:15 AM
Does this mod work with Patch Level 1.36?
Or is there another Option to deactivate those annoying Memory symbols over the sim's head?
Cannot update further since my own world isn't working under newer patch Levels.
Inventor
Original Poster
#536 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:18 PM
@TobyS28: If you're on windows, you can create your own custom package with the tool. That will then fit your patch level.
Instructor
#537 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 9:08 AM
Nevermind, I should refresh pages before asking dumb questions. Sorry and thanks for updating.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#538 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 3:51 PM
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#539 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:33 PM
This is really awesome. Thanks for putting the effort into this! I love how you let us customize it ourselves. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#540 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 1:03 PM
I love you. For this mod. Thank ye :D
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#541 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Chaavik : 5th Jul 2013 at 8:07 PM. Reason: Additional Comment
Velocitygrass, have you updated your strings list file to include the new lifetime wants (or wishes if you will) from the other EPs up to Island Paradise?

I looked into this file wondering why my custom memories file I used to create with your tool was conflicting with IP and found that the file is 2 years old with EP1-EP4 lifetime wants.

This strings list file I used is in English. I think it is the same for the other strings list files in other languages.

Added:

This might explain the issue venusprincess100 was experiencing a couple months back. Hers appeared quite similar to mine not finding the new lifetime wants for my new Sim in CAS.

The other Sims in Isla Paradiso are also affected because their lifetime wants disappeared because they were new ones from IP.
Inventor
Original Poster
#542 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:00 PM
As I mentioned in my last update note for patch 1.55: "As always with a patch that changes the resource, remember to update the custom package you've created to fit with the new patch version 1.55."

So yes, if you've created a custom memory file, you'll have to update it. In the case of IP, the tool didn't need to be updated. It will always read from the current resource of your installation and only needs to be updated when the format of the file changes.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#543 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 5:47 AM
My points:

The strings list file is outdated. This is the file I'm talking about:

Strings_ENG_US_0x000f16b00ba8342f.tx (7-3-2011)

This file is 2 years old with lifetime wishes and promises from EP1 to EP4. Island Paradise is EP10. EP5 to EP10 have new lifetime wishes and promises that generate new memories.

I can't use this tool to modify how I want my Sims to have memories if the strings list file isn't updated for IP. I re-downloaded the tool thinking it was updated for IP but everything looked the same date-wise including the strings list file I mentioned above.
Inventor
Original Poster
#544 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:16 AM
@Chaavik: I see what you mean. That string file is only used for translations of the categories in the GUI of the tool. If a category name is not present it will default to the original English. So this is purely a cosmetic file for the tool and doesn't impact it the functionality. If you start the tool, it should list all categories and effects from your current memories file including new categories like Shark and Kraken.
Test Subject
#545 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 5:55 PM
I'm having trouble getting this mod tool to work. Every time I try to launch it, it asks for Sims 3 directory. I click it and it says "could not find deltabuild0.package" Despite that file being right there.

What am I doing wrong? I play Sims3 on Steam if that means anything.
Inventor
Original Poster
#546 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 9:12 PM
@Ivynn: By "right there" you mean in the folder that you gave as Sims 3 directory? The tool assumes the following paths:
[sims 3 base game path]\GameData\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package
[sims 3 base game path]\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package
So if the structure looks different for a steam install or you gave not the base installation path but the direct path for the DeltaBuild0.package, it will not work. If the Steam installation is different, you could work around this by creating the structure as shown elsewhere and copying the two files there temporarily to create the package.
Test Subject
#547 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 3:46 AM
It's located here with Steam:
Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/TS3
So I should recreate the path you gave and copy it there and then it will work?
Awesome! It worked! Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#548 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 1:19 AM
When will you be updating this mod?
Inventor
Original Poster
#549 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 7:58 AM
@supplesims: It's up-to-date for 1.55. The tool didn't need to be updated. And I updated the packages.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#550 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 10:44 AM
I like your mod, but I need to ask is it skill challenges also considered memorable (I can't use your custom tool, because I am using Mac and difficult to use it)? If you don't want to create, never mind, I still can use this mod.
Page 22 of 25