Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:09 AM
Default I can't extend the road in CAW.
I may have made a bad mistake.
I put put in residential lots and then put houses on them. I knew the layout and planned on putting in the roads after the lots were in.

As you can see from the spoiler, I can't extend the road down the path I set for it.

In another part of the town I have the same problem, except that the road is well away from these lots.

I'm open to harsh but helpful criticism here. What did I do wrong? How can I fix it?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:59 AM
I fixed it. Deleted the houses. Deleted the residential lots. Built roads. Put lots back...
Get this! Putting lots back in the two spaces to the right of the road made the roads disappear! So, I cloned 40x40 lots and move those into that space and it took that.
Then I put the houses back. CAW sure is glitchy. Did they really give this tool to their developers? Didn't pay their workers enough, imho.

Conclusion: Make a "lot" just to use to measure, then build roads, delete the "measurement lot", and put your lots in, then houses.

N.B. The more I work with CAW, the more impressed I am at the art and the completeness of some of the better made worlds out there.
Scholar
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:33 AM
Glad you got it to work! I've never tried to add roads after placing lots so I'm not sure what was causing your problem. CAW has more than its share of idiosyncrasies, for sure!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2017 at 8:45 AM
I normally do roads first and add the empty lots in CAW in the sizes I want. I then drop the built lot in the space in EIG if I have a lot that is done that I want in that space.