Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 2:05 PM
Default Other than Sims games, what have you been playing lately?
Just thought I would try and make a thread to not only get my mind off of things, but to also try and see what sorts of other games the MTS users play. Feel free to list what you are currently working on, or just whatever the last games were that you played. Since this section of the forums doesn't seem very popular I've always assumed most of you don't really play much besides Sims games, so I just think it would be interesting to see what you guys play. For me I've only finished a couple of games lately, though I've tried playing a few different games.

Games I've started working on, but didn't finish:
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (Gamecube)
Chrono Cross (PS1)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Gamecube)

Games I actually finished:
Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
Metroid Prime (Gamecube)

Currently playing:
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Gamecube)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 3:54 AM
See also: "What games are you currently obsessed with?"

Anyway, my current non-Sims obsession is Sonic Mania ("I swear, I can stop any time I want!" ), and with certain other developments, I can perhaps enjoy Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 on my own time.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 1:16 PM
Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition
Morrowind
GTAV

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 12:11 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th Feb 2019 at 12:25 AM.
For Switch:
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu
Pokémon Let's Go Eevee
Sushi Strikers: The Way of Sushido

For Gameboy Advance:
Pokémon FireRed
Pokémon LeafGreen
Pokémon Ruby
Pokémon Sapphire
Pokémon Emerald

For DS:
Pokémon HeartGold
Pokémon SoulSilver
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Pearl
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Black
Pokémon White
Pokémon Black2
Pokémon White2
Digimon World Dusk

For 3DS:
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Pokémon Ultra Moon
Yo-Kai Watch

Really want to play:
Digimon World Dawn (DS)*
Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise (DS)
Spectrobes (DS)
Spectrobes: Beyond the Portal (DS)
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits (3DS)
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters (3DS)
Yo-Kai Watch 3 (3DS)
Yo-Kai Blasters: Red Cat Crew (3DS)
Yo-Kai Blasters: White Dog Squad (3DS)

As you can tell, I have a fondness for collecting strange and wonderful creatures

*About this title...a few years ago I ordered it with the Dusk version. But once I tried starting it up, it left me with a blank screen. I have as of yet to buy a copy that works, used preferably as I have not the luxury to buy new. (New demands about 3x its original MSRP)

Currently, I have to buy new items as part of the set up: an all-in-one copier\scanner\printer, binder sheets for holding discs, paper, ink, more blank DVDs, binders, most of which I plan to buy at Wal-Mart by doing in-store pickup and paying with cash. I have 4 Coin jars, which came from the empties from drink mixes. I am doing the same as my mother. Either way, I have little time to get what I want done.

Sometimes I wish I could get paid for the 100% completion of video games. But my laser like focus strays and torments the cat and chases it up the wall. (Translation: My OCD tendencies make it hard to stay focused on a mission in any game.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 1:08 AM
@G-Mon I'm guessing Sonic Mania must be as good as people say. I've had my doubts due to the quality of just about all Sonic games since around Sonic Heroes (some might even argue that it's been since Sonic went 3D), so I've been hesitant on Mania. It isn't actually made by Sega though is it? If I recall, it was only published by Sega.

@HarVee I hope you're playing Morrowind on PC with user patches, otherwise good luck. The version on the original Xbox can be really broken at times, especially that bug where NPCs shift their position over time and fall through the game world. I'm also interested in Divinity Original Sin 2 now, it looks like it could be a nice RPG.

@PANDAQUEEN How are you liking Smash? I must have spent 40+ hours on the World of Light mode, which taught me that I basically suck at fighting games and I ended up using over powered spirits. With the GBA and DS games, are you playing them on original hardware or are you playing digital versions from like the eShop? Then again, I'm not sure if those specific DS games are on the eShop for the Wii U and as far as I know DS games were only available digitally on the Wii U. That Digimon game for the DS seems pretty expensive for even just the cartridge. I see one person selling it as "brand new" for $30, but it's only the cartridge so that isn't exactly brand new in my book. As for 100% completion, I had to force myself to stop that because it became too stressful. I would do it with every game I played, no matter if I had already played it before or not, and if there was anything missable and I missed it that was the worst feeling.

EDIT: I'm sure anyone that's played Smash Ultimate could tell by my user image, Link is my boy in that game. I also flipped the image around so he is left handed, as he should be. Link is left handed god dammit!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 10:15 AM Last edited by HarVee : 20th Feb 2019 at 10:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
HarVee I hope you're playing Morrowind on PC with user patches, otherwise good luck. The version on the original Xbox can be really broken at times, especially that bug where NPCs shift their position over time and fall through the game world. I'm also interested in Divinity Original Sin 2 now, it looks like it could be a nice RPG.

Yeah I'm playing it on the PC with some fixes and mods. Mostly ones that improve the graphics, add grass and distant terrain. I got a mod that removes the dice roll thing from the combat. That's one thing that always annoyed me about Morrowind, but other than that, it's a pretty good RPG. Better than Skyrim and Oblivion IMO. Better atmosphere and I like how the beast races look like actual beasts. This is my first full-length play through of it, so I've been taking it slow. Not really in a rush to complete anything. I've dicked around with it before, but I never bothered to get into it really like I have been lately.

I definitely recommend Divinity Original Sin 2. It's been a fun RPG so far with some cool characters and the boss levels aren't too weak either so there is some challenge. The first part of the game can start out a little slow though, so the first chapter is kind of more about introducing you into the story, but I mean there are some battles and stuff to explore so there is time so you can level up your party before the major battles start. The skeleton and lizard races are fucking cool IMO.

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Yeah I'm playing it on the PC with some fixes and mods. Mostly ones that improve the graphics, add grass and distant terrain. I got a mod that removes the dice roll thing from the combat. That's one thing that always annoyed me about Morrowind, but other than that, it's a pretty good RPG. Better than Skyrim and Oblivion IMO. Better atmosphere and I like how the beast races look like actual beasts. This is my first full-length play through of it, so I've been taking it slow. Not really in a rush to complete anything. I've dicked around with it before, but I never bothered to get into it really like I have been lately.

I definitely recommend Divinity Original Sin 2. It's been a fun RPG so far with some cool characters and the boss levels aren't too weak either so there is some challenge. The first part of the game can start out a little slow though, so the first chapter is kind of more about introducing you into the story, but I mean there are some battles and stuff to explore so there is time so you can level up your party before the major battles start. The skeleton and lizard races are fucking cool IMO.

If you want to add another fast travel option to the game, you should check out this mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41542
Combine that with the Real Signposts mod and you will get signposts that you can not only read without moving your cursor over them, but you can also fast travel using the signs. I'll put a screenshot of the Real Signposts mod so you can see the difference between that and the defaults, I'll put it behind spoiler tags so it doesn't take up a lot of the post. By the way, what's the mod to remove the dice roll? That sounds like it would be nice since I echo your thoughts on how that is in the base game. Also if you need a place to store stuff, especially early in the game, there is a house in Balmora with a corpse that never disappears. Look up Ralen Hlaalo, which is part of an optional quest, and while the house with the corpse is normally locked you can get the key from the quest.

I think just about any RPG is going to be slow at the start. They usually have to establish the main character and a little of their background, teach you how to play, and setup the story too so I expect a slow start to any RPG I try.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 5:29 PM
I always thought those signs were in Arabic.

Alchemist
#9 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 6:00 PM
Either I'm tuning or crashing cars in BeamNG, or I'm murdering bandits in Borderlands 2, singleplayer. If anyone's willing to play co-op, I need help in UVHM.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 7:40 PM
@haywud
Still trying to pad the roster, but I am usually caught off guard when challengers approach and I end up smashed offscreen or die falling into the abyss or into environmental hazards.

Normally, I am a Kirby player, as I have a better advantage with recovery. I usually wait until the door is on the menu to try my luck.

With the majority of the games listed, I prefer to have a physical copy, when available.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 8:57 PM
@Johnny_Bravo Wish I could help with Borderlands, but I only have it on the Xbox 360 and I don't even have the stupid Xbox Live service to play online anymore.

@PANDAQUEEN I may be wrong, but I swear they lowered the difficulty of the battles when a challenger approaches. If you wanted to unlock characters another way, the World of Light mode apparently unlocks them for all modes as you earn them in World of Light. It might be easier, and possibly more fun that way. Plus if you haven't started it already, and since you say you're a Kirby player, you would have an advantage since you start that mode with just Kirby.

I also prefer physical games. The recent shutdown of the Wii's online shop is a great example of why, you never know when those digital games could become unavailable and if you ever needed to download them again you're screwed.
Alchemist
#12 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 8:12 PM
@haywud
Darnit. Who do you play as? I started with Zer0 which is now at 47, and recently leveled Maya to 53, but I don't come forward a bit anymore.

#13 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:13 AM
@haywud
I kinda started, but not battled yet in the World of Light. I just arrived after the two videos played. Also, I'm well aware Sakurai-sensei played favorites (as far as brain children go, Kirby is his favorite brainchild)

Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 2:27 AM
@Johnny_Bravo God it's been about 2 years since I played so I had to plug in the 360 and load the game just to check, and I was playing as Maya. It was one of those situations where I started playing and then quit because of my depression, and I never went back to it again after that.

@PANDAQUEEN I think if you want to change things up from just normal battles, World of Light will be really good. It can be challenging at times without the right spirits, though can also be easy at times with the right spirits. There are some really cool and interesting themes going on with the battles too like one section that is a tribute to Street Fighter, another is a Zelda themed area, there's a Castlevania themed area. The map itself is huge, and you will spend a lot of time playing if you can really get into it.
Alchemist
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 12:54 PM
@haywud
Oh dang you didn't have to do that :p
Maybe catch up on it again? It's still widely played.
I also had a moment where I stopped gaming due to depression. It's not the same anymore when you start again, but surely worth a try.

#16 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:49 PM
@Johnny_Bravo
I just had to check, plus I wanted to make sure my 360 still works since I don't think I've used it since the last time I played Borderlands 2.
I was having a lot of fun with the game even though I don't usually like first person games, so I will try and pick it up again eventually.
Do you mean you stopped Borderlands specifically, or just gaming in general? For me what sucks most is playing anything with a story and forgetting where you were, and not enough games have a journal or something to keep track of story events and progression. Then again it's not too fun when you forget the controls too.
Alchemist
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:03 PM
@haywud
Gaming in general, indeed, when I picked up BL2 after a year or so hiatus, I forgot that I closed the game in the middle of a battle, so I opened it and just saw my character dying immediately

#18 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:50 PM
Trying to play games when depressed sucks, you just can't get into anything no matter how much you like it. I don't remember if Borderlands has an actual game over screen or not (do modern games even have such a concept as a game over?), but it must be kind of funny in a way to go from a loading screen and then right to a game over screen.

That reminds me of when I used to play one of those MMOs back years ago. I was careless and would disconnect myself in tough situations (I played alone most times, so I wasn't abandoning anyone else), so a couple of times I would log back in and basically die right away.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:16 PM
@haywud
In SSBU, in World of Light, I freed a number of spirits and Mario from Galeem's grip and in the Challengers Approach area, I got Captain Falcon, Villager, PAC-MAN and Pit.

Jigglypuff launched me out of range from Silph Co. Tower.

The random approach was Wii Fit Trainer. I eventually got her.

Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:35 AM
@PANDAQUEEN Each spirit that you get can potentially be really useful, so free as many as you can. For me the fun of World of Light was having to equip the right spirits for the right situation. For example there is a really tough battle against Zero Suit Samus, and without the right spirits she will kick your butt from here to Zebes. One other thing to keep in mind when you unlock it, the Doc Louis gym can really be helpful since it can level up your primary spirits even when not playing.

In case you don't know about it already, when going for the approaching challengers there's an option that shows up after a few battles that lets you take on those that you couldn't beat. From the main menu go to the Games & More section, and look for a little door icon in the lower right near the amiibo option.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 7:16 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Feb 2019 at 9:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
@PANDAQUEEN Each spirit that you get can potentially be really useful, so free as many as you can. For me the fun of World of Light was having to equip the right spirits for the right situation. For example there is a really tough battle against Zero Suit Samus, and without the right spirits she will kick your butt from here to Zebes. One other thing to keep in mind when you unlock it, the Doc Louis gym can really be helpful since it can level up your primary spirits even when not playing.

In case you don't know about it already, when going for the approaching challengers there's an option that shows up after a few battles that lets you take on those that you couldn't beat. From the main menu go to the Games & More section, and look for a little door icon in the lower right near the amiibo option.

That's what I meant when I said I usually wait for the door to appear.

@haywud
Finally got Jigglypuff and Pokémon Trainer. Still trying hard to get Marth.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 8:46 PM
I just got Kingdom Hearts III for Ps4 and LoZ Breath of the Wild for Switch. Not sure which to start first, but I might wait until I complete the Spyro triology that I've been slowly slowly making my way through on my days off.

Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
For Switch:
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu
Pokémon Let's Go Eevee
Sushi Strikers: The Way of Sushido

For Gameboy Advance:
Pokémon FireRed
Pokémon LeafGreen
Pokémon Ruby
Pokémon Sapphire
Pokémon Emerald

For DS:
Pokémon HeartGold
Pokémon SoulSilver
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Pearl
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Black
Pokémon White
Pokémon Black2
Pokémon White2
Digimon World Dusk

For 3DS:
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Pokémon Ultra Moon
Yo-Kai Watch

You can't legitimitely be playing all those games at the moment, surely?!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I just got Kingdom Hearts III for Ps4 and LoZ Breath of the Wild for Switch. Not sure which to start first, but I might wait until I complete the Spyro triology that I've been slowly slowly making my way through on my days off.

Breath of the Wild, definitely. Before you play it, check out some spoiler free videos online of some of the crazy stuff you can do with the game mechanics and physics. There are a lot of videos titled something like "things you didn't know you could do" or "things I wish I knew" that you should check out too, especially since the game doesn't really tell you a lot of things and mostly just throws you into this huge world to figure most things out yourself. Just one minor example, if you're in an environment that is too cold for Link and you have a fire based weapon you can equip that to help stay warm.
Scholar
#24 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 6:28 AM
Recently, there was a mod for a classic Sega Genesis game (on Steam) that I used to play called Sonic 3 & Knuckles. The mod was created by Eukaryot. This person was able to take the game and make it widescreen 16:9 rather than the old 4:3 aspect ratio. Also made it possible to mod the music & SFX. This person also added a slew of other features that can be found when playing the game.

The mod can be found here. Eukaryot's Twitter feed can be found here.

As I mentioned, one of the features is having the ability to modify the music from the game. So I uploaded some of the music I used to replace music from the game here on SoundCloud.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 28th May 2019 at 11:28 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 29th May 2019 at 12:16 AM.
Been playing Tomodachi Life and Miitopia.

I wonder...if Nintendo were to reformat Tomodachi Life and Miitopia to fit the Switch's Mii system and the format of one big touch screen from two screens and add special features like add a salon in Tomodachi Life so you can change hair and eye color and have same sex couples (fans in America wanted this feature in TL, but due to communication issues that would arise from changing core coding, this never happened. Nintendo said, "If it sells enough, we'll reconsider.") and have the full extent of the Switch Mii Maker in Miitopia and allow you to prechoose the Gourmand, the Postman, the Photographer, who show up at random early in the story. Same for villagers.

It's a passing fancy. But it would be nice to repackage old DS and 3DS games compatible with the Switch's screen in a special layout that allows for game play. If I could, I would repackage the two in one cartridge or digital package, depending on the situation.

Page 1 of 2