Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:38 PM
Default Coming back to Cities: Skylines
Behind The Sims 2, my biggest gaming passion is Cities: Skylines. I have every expansion except Parklife, which came out recently. I got most DLCs on Steam sales, in total I might have spent about 70 euros for everything. Cities: Skylines has given me hours of enjoyment, but I stopped playing around the end of last year because when my cities got to 60k population, the lag made it almost unplayable. I have a pretty good computer for gaming, so I just thought Cities (with all DLCs up to that time) was just too demanding. However, I later discovered that the problem was my monitor. I had an old monitor that couldn't use my NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card and was instead using an Intel Integrated chip. Good luck playing C:S on integrated graphics! Now that I have a new monitor which uses my graphics card, I want to go back to playing Cities: Skylines.

Having gone by so much time, what mods would you recommend subscribing to? Feel free to recommend assets as well, though that will depend on the type of city I want to build.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 10:04 PM
I have a hard time getting into Cities:Skylines. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's too sandboxy?
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 1:54 AM
The biggest thing holding me back is that I get creative block just creating the terrain - and this goes for Planet Coaster too.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.