Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#176 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:44 PM
If you read the entire thread, especially the last page, you'll find the answer. The lot's rotation determines the rotation of the driveway. The lot's rotation is set when the lot is created, and cannot be changed. If your lot has the wrong rotation, the only option is to remake the lot from scratch on a lot with the correct rotation.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:09 AM
It always turns backwards please help me.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:36 AM
OK now it works. Building the "Playboy Mansion".
It'll use this trick.
Site Helper
#179 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 4:02 PM
NissanGTRFan, please read and follow the site guidelines. Do not double post. Instead, please use the Edit button to add additional information to your existing post.
Site Helper
#180 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:07 AM
Update: there is now a mod which makes driveways rotatable:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=515924
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#181 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 5:01 AM
Oh cool! That will be so much easier!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#182 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 4:54 PM
For the record, this tutorial has been made obsolete by the development of the Rotatable Driveways and Rotatable Garage Doors mods, available at the following links, respectively:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=515924
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=530855
Mad Poster
#183 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 5:23 PM
obsolete, it depends. I cannot have those rotatable driveways and doors in my game. They do not act properly. Place as if I was on moveobjects, and place incorrectly. Ending up not being able to put a vehicle.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#184 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
obsolete, it depends. I cannot have those rotatable driveways and doors in my game. They do not act properly. Place as if I was on moveobjects, and place incorrectly. Ending up not being able to put a vehicle.

Presumably you've tried various things, mainly moveobjects on/off?
I've noticed that driveway extensions will rotate with moveobjects off (normal configuration), but the driveway piece (the one that connects with the street) will only rotate with moveobjects on.
Do you have all EP's? (edit: looks like you do)
Finally, might be a mod conflict.

In what way do the driveways/extensions not place correctly? Can you post a pic?
Do you by any chance have some building cheats activated when your game starts?
Mad Poster
#185 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 12:08 AM
I tried without moveobjects on, of course. I build with no cheats on, unless I need it.
What I was saying is that, when placing it, it acted as if I was on moveobjects on. meaning : you think you are placing it properly, because the game allows you to.
But yeah..they are supposed to be placeable anyhow.
What I observed, is that the piece that connects to to street had to be place with moveobjects on, otherwise it would not place, because it shows up upside down when you take it from the catalog.
Having to use the cheat, makes the piece for the car not placeable..unless you also use moveobjects on...I got annoyed.
And what happens in my game is that the part you put a car on, often attached to the other piece but wrong way. So the car is facing the garage door...I found this rather troublesome, because i needed to remember to check to be sure it was on the right way! lol I gave up.
Playing/building mostly apartment lots, after my sim moves in..I am stuck with a non-functional garage.
These downloads are great! I am not saying they aren't. But I didn't feel like having to have to remember to check this and that.

Theorist
#186 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 1:16 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 4th Dec 2014 at 1:29 AM.
I tried without moveobjects on, of course. I build with no cheats on, unless I need it.

That's normal and it's the way everybody builds. You don't want building cheats on unless you're actually using them, especially not the moveobjects cheat, since it is easy to inadvertently place objects without knowing, or more typically, place more than one object in the same spot, due to accidentally clicking the mouse button twice. I've seen this in lots I've downloaded.
The one exception I can think of is the 45-degree rotation cheat, which will do no harm if it is always on. I usually turn it on at the start of a building session, if I remember.

Quote:
What I was saying is that, when placing it, it acted as if I was on moveobjects on. meaning : you think you are placing it properly, because the game allows you to.
But yeah..they are supposed to be placeable anyhow.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying here.

Quote:
What I observed, is that the piece that connects to to street had to be place with moveobjects on, otherwise it would not place, because it shows up upside down when you take it from the catalog.

Yes, as I wrote in my previous post, the moveobjects cheat has to be on to place this piece and the behavior you're describing is normal. Having moveobjects on will also let you place the driveway at the right-hand end of the lot, regardless of whether you're using the rotatable mods or not. But with the mods, it will let you place the driveway at the sides of the lot as well.

Quote:
Having to use the cheat, makes the piece for the car not placeable..unless you also use moveobjects on...I got annoyed.
And what happens in my game is that the part you put a car on, often attached to the other piece but wrong way. So the car is facing the garage door...I found this rather troublesome, because i needed to remember to check to be sure it was on the right way! lol I gave up.

What you're describing for the driveway extension piece is also normal behavior with the rotatable mod installed. You don't need moveobjects on to place this piece, although it won't matter if it is on. What you do is simply put the piece down anywhere on the lot and then rotate and move it to the precisely desired position. It is very simple. If you look a bit closer at the two driveway pieces, you will see they actually have sort of like pointers that point in the direction the car will face.

Quote:
Playing/building mostly apartment lots, after my sim moves in..I am stuck with a non-functional garage.
These downloads are great! I am not saying they aren't. But I didn't feel like having to have to remember to check this and that.

If you follow my above advice, you should be able to fix your issues easily. From what you've described, I see no problems with the behavior of this mod in your game.
Mad Poster
#187 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:26 AM
Sorry, I sounded confusing.
Moveobjects on allows me to put whatever, anywhere. But doing so, not everything will work. Having the extension piece pointing one way, and the car pointing the other..makes the car unusable.
Yes. I can fix this, just by making sure they all have their arrows on the right way. But i still need moveobjects on. Garage door too. so i do not like it.
Oh..and the one cheat i have in my userstartercheat is 45-degree rotation of course. But i do not consider that one a building cheat.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#188 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 6:02 AM
Friendly little moderator note here:

The Rotatable Driveways and Rotatable Garage Doors don't necessarily make this tutorial obsolete. They just give people another way to do something and there ARE people who don't want those, or can't use them for whatever reason. So this tutorial (and any other tutorial involving driveways and garages) is still relevant.
Theorist
#189 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 6:52 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 4th Dec 2014 at 7:04 AM.
Yes. I can fix this, just by making sure they all have their arrows on the right way. But i still need moveobjects on. Garage door too. so i do not like it.

OK, well now there's a huge difference between not liking something and claiming that it doesn't work, quote:
Quote:
I cannot have those rotatable driveways and doors in my game. They do not act properly. Place as if I was on moveobjects, and place incorrectly. Ending up not being able to put a vehicle.

Thanks for wasting my time.
Mad Poster
#190 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 4th Dec 2014 at 2:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
OK, well now there's a huge difference between not liking something and claiming that it doesn't work, quote:

Thanks for wasting my time.

You wasted your own time. You were very nice trying to help me, and I appreciated it. But i didn't asked for anything.
Too bad, I really thought you were doing this to be nice...

Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Friendly little moderator note here:

The Rotatable Driveways and Rotatable Garage Doors don't necessarily make this tutorial obsolete. They just give people another way to do something and there ARE people who don't want those, or can't use them for whatever reason. So this tutorial (and any other tutorial involving driveways and garages) is still relevant.

Exactly.

Page 8 of 8