Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 12:29 AM
Default Financial Mod that edits every family at once in town?
There are several awesome mods that can help depict a sim town in crisis (such as the 'plague' skins that can be applied to sims throughout the town) but this is a question about whether anything exists that can control the money of every family at once, by percentage or some similar means. Basically I want to create a 'great depression' or similar circumstance where families lose portions of their wealth at the same time. I know I could tediously lookup each last family name and 'familyfunds' cheat them to a new amount, but is there a way to do this globally? To my knowledge NRAAS MC only allows classes of sims to pay money for things created by the situations rolled for in the mod, it's very arbitrary and not the same thing (IE the town Robin steals from one sim to add to the coffers of another). I know this isn't an item I've seen somewhere, so I hope it's an appropriate thing to ask here. I'm not asking for anybody to make a new mod, but now there's got to be something out there that can add or remove simoleons from every family in town, right?

I use NRAAS master controller and several others from their suite and I don't think there's a way to do this, but if someone has an idea of how it could be done or if there's a mod that does this, please let me know.

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 1:14 AM
The money module of NRaas SP does collect taxes from the inactive families (and if you choose so from your active family too). You can adjust how much they have to pay every day/sim.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 1:42 AM
Sorry to be overly pedantic here, but NRaas MC doesn't have any such automatic control over your town. MC is a player-directed command center that does nothing on its own until the player calls upon one of its commands to run. It's StoryProgression (and yes, the SP Money and then the more optional Personality modules) that do these things.

There's a number of ways to approach this, and yes starting with Unified Billing on SP Money so that inactives are subjected to property tax and optionally income tax. There's also an option to force every inactive household to pay a daily fee per sim for the rights to live in your world; this is intended to offset the advantage that inactives have by not being made to buy/grow their own food and other such daily things that cost money. That could be set quite high to make it very expensive to live in your world.

For a faster way, immediate one-time way to get the desired effect or the desired starting point, I would probably pull up batches of households using an MC filter on City Hall and then use MC's Family Funds to subtract (use a negative number) a set amount from the households in batches depending on how much they have already. If you divide the town into only three or four batches that way based on their cash or net worth, it shouldn't take very long to work through.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 4:11 PM Last edited by stuartemj : 9th Nov 2022 at 2:22 PM.
I also played this game. This format can captivate the player for a long time due to its ease. Especially since the communications built in this game are quite realistic and similar to the ones, we build in life. But as for the financial sphere, everything is much more complicated. The fact is that now the general economic situation in the world has changed. Because of this, everyone has the question of how best to start earning and what you need to do to do this. This has become an important question for me, so I decided to turn to mcgeewm.com . It may also be useful for you to consult on investing. This is not as easy to understand as it may seem at first glance.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuartemj
I heard about this game not too long ago. Tell me a little more about it.

I was a young(ish) man when I started playing Sims games. Now I am just about officially an elder, hunched over, hair and teeth missing, eyesight degrading ,suffering from acid reflux and other forms of built up stress. TS3 and NRaas mods will ruin your life. 0/10, cannot recommend.

Okay, now some disclaimers. I was hunched over and somewhat visually challenged to begin with due to defects upon my original release from the factory. And all of the other things I mentioned were probably going to happen anyway, just with less fun being had along the way. But it's up to the individual player as to whether to take the risks involved or not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 1:26 PM
Oh my goodness these spam accounts!