Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 11:51 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 18th Jan 2018 at 1:21 AM.
Default Canyon Cove
Canyon Cove
(I made a sc4 and wanted to test a few things out.... well instead I sorta started a new hood ... lol. Let's see how long I stay with it. Maybe in puttin what's goin on here I might be more inclined to keep going. I started by makin one sim in Uni CAS and moved her into the 14 room maxis dorm. Didn't like the dorm so I moved her back out, did a bit of remodeling and the moved her back in . I let the game fill in the rest of the students, however as they moved into the dorm I moved them into the family. I liked the randomness of it, but yet I still went and tweaked them a bit so that I had a more rounded group. A while back I sorta set up a color coded system that I like usin for the asps (Romance wears red/ pink, Family wears blue, Knowledge wears Brown/ Yellow, Fortune wears green, Popularity wears purple/ orange, and Pleasure wears black/ white.) So I gave everyone a make over givin some glasses, make up, or beards and such to go along w/ their new clothes. I also set all their likes and dislikes to more sensible things. Once everyone was set I had everyone scope the room to allow them to pick who they liked. Then I slapped myself as I'd forgot to set all like asps to friend zone so did that and had them rescope. I do play with both ACR and inteen.

I'll post some pics later of various things as I wasn't thinkin of taken them at the time since I hadn't planned on keepin it ... however I sorta got attached to them. To the group is mostly in their sophmore year so here's a quick run down on where each of them are at. All of them have 4.0 gpa's except Riley who was put on academic probation. I don't force them to study, do assignments, or write term papers, however I did direct them get the skills they need for that term then they were free to do whatever they wanted.

Now to meet the students of Canyon Cove - University Dayz
Adrian Aldridge
- He’s a lazy, grouchy, but playful romance sim who’s OTH is games.
- His interests are entertainment, culture, money, environment, and crime.
- He has a LTW of 50 1st dates.
- He likes girls with glasses and make up and dislikes stink.
- He had his first kiss, make out, and woohoo with Riley, however she is also a romance sim so she was sidelined to the friend zone (for now). He then kissed, made out and woohooed with Felicia.
- He’s friends with Riley, Felicia, Brandi, Harmony, and Theodore.

Brandi Whitiker
- She’s a totally outgoing fortune sim, who’s sloppy, lazy, serious and grouchy. Her OTH is still unknown.
- Her interests are in fashion, food, entertainment, work, and the weather.
- Her LTW is to become the Law.
- She likes guys with brown hair are good with mechanics, while disliking fatness.
- She had her first kiss, make out, and woohoo with Theodore.
- She’s friends with Theodore, Adrian, Orville, Leroy, Felicia, and Harmony.

Cara Montgomery
- She’s a serious, shy, nice, and active fortune sim with the OTH of tinkering.
- Her interests are money, travel, environment, entertainments, and sports.
- Her LTW is to woohoo with 20 sims.
- She likes guys with facial hair and are logical and dislikes guys who wear glasses.
- She had her first kiss and woohoo with Theodore. I’m not sure who put the moves on whom, but Cara made out, kissed, and woohooed with Daniel. Fell in love with Daniel. Then she kissed, made out, and woohooed with Orville. Then fell in love with Theodore.
- She is friends with Daniel, Theodore, and Orville

Daniel Vaughn
- He’s a sloppy, serious, grouchy, active, playful knowledge sim with OTH of fitness.
- His interests are in crime, weather, work, money, entertainment, and the environment.
- His LTW is to marry off 6 kids.
- He likes girls with blond hair and glasses and dislikes ladies with red hair.
- He had his first kiss and woohoo with Felicia. Then he made out, kissed, and woohooed with Cara. Fell in love with Cara. Kissed woohooed with Riley. Made out and fell in love with Felicia. Then made out with Riley.
- He’s friends with (Felicia), Cara, and Riley.
- Felicia ‘caught’ him with Riley and I do believe there was a bit of slapping and poking going on as he’s now furious with her and they are no longer friends.

Felicia Nolan
- She’s a shy, serious, active, nice knowledge sim with the OTH of tinkering.
- Her interests are in food, entertainment, crime, politics, and work.
- Her LTW is to woohoo with 20 sims.
- She likes guys that are fit with facial hair so long as they don’t have black hair.
- She had her first kiss with Daniel. Then she kissed Daniel before going back and woohooing with Daniel and falling in love with him. Then she kissed, made out, and woohooed with Adrian. She fell in love with Joseph, then Adrian, and then made out with Daniel. She’s in love with all three of them, or was until she ‘caught’ Daniel with Riley. Then it didn’t help much when she ‘caught’ him with Cara.
- She’s friends with Joseph, Adrian, Portia, and Brandi. She had negative feelings for Cara, Riley, and Daniel.

Harmony Jackson
- She’s a sloppy, lazy, outgoing, playful, nice romance sim with the OTH of arts and crafts.
- Her interests are in culture, weather, sports, money, politics, and crime.
- Her LTW is to be Captain Hero.
- She likes guys with facial hair and glasses and dislikes stink.
- She had her first kiss, make out, and woohoo with Orville. Then she made out, kissed, and woohooed with Joseph. She fell in love in love with Joseph.
- She’s friends with Joseph, Orville, Adrian, Riley, and Brandi.

Joseph Lawrence
- A shy and serious knowledge sim with the OTH of tinkering.
- His interests are in food, entertainment, culture, work, and the weather.
- His LTW is to be the Chief of Staff.
- He likes girls who wear glasses and are creative and dislikes them to wear make up.
- He had his first kiss with Moira. Kissed Felicia. Made out, kissed, woohooed and fell in love with Harmony. Then fell in love with Felicia.
- He’s friends with Harmony, Felicia, and Moira

Leroy Conner
- He’s a shy playful, nice, but lazy and sloppy family sim with the OTH of nature.
- His interests are in sports, work, weather, money, and travel.
- His LTW is to become the Mayor.
- He likes girls who know how to cook and clean and dislikes them if they have black hair.
- He had his first kiss with Moira, but that’s as far as he’s gotten with any of the ladies in the dorm.
- He’s friends with Moira, Theodore, Brandi, and Portia

Moira Brennan
- She’s a grouchy, but playful, lazy family sim with the OTH of nature.
- Her interests are the environment, food, sports, and the weather.
- Her LTW is to be a Mad Scientist.
- She likves guys who are mechanically inclined as well as bein creative, and dislikes them if they are jobless.
- She had her first kiss with Joseph. Then she kissed Leroy before kissing, making out and havin her first woohoo with Quentin and falling in love with him.
- She’s friends with Joseph, Quentin, and Leroy.

Orville Grayson
- He’s a shy, serious romance sim with the OTH of tinkering.
- His interests are the weather, entertainment, fashion, and food.
- His LTW is to be the Chief of Staff.
- He likes girls who charismatic and creative, but no glasses.
- He had his first kiss, make out, and woohoo with Harmony. Then he kissed, made out, woohooed, and fell in love with Cara.
- He’s friends with Harmony, Cara, Portia, and Brandi

Portia Crosby
- She’s a grouchy, lazy family sim who’s still playful. Her OTH is games.
- Her interests are in politics, fashion, travel, entertainment, work, and the weather.
- Her LTW is to be the Hand of Poseidon.
- She likes guys who are mechanical, know how to clean, and are clean shaven.
- She had her first kiss, make out, woohoo, and fell in love with Quentin.
- She’s friends with Quentin, Felicia, Leroy, and Orville.

Quentin Anderson
- He’s shy, playful, neat, yet lazy fortune sim with the OTH of cuisine.
- His interests are in entertainment, food, culture, and sports.
- His LTW is to become the General.
- He likes girls who have black hair, logical, but they can’t wear make up.
- He had his first kiss with Portia then she rejected him to make out. Then she changed her mind as they made out and he had his first woohoo and fell in love with her. He then kissed, made out, woohooed, and fell in love with Moira.
- He’s friends with Portia and Moira.

Riley Brown
- She’s a sloppy, outgoing romance sim with the OTH of music and dance.
- Her interests are in entertainment, culture, crime, fashion, work, and food.
- Her LTW is to be Captain Hero.
- She likes guys who have facial hair and wear glasses, so long as they’re not fat.
- She had her first kiss, make out, woohoo, and fell in love with Adrian. Adrian’s friend zoned (for now as he’s romance to). She then kissed, made out, and woohooed with Daniel.
- She’s friends with Adrian, Harmony, and Daniel.

Theodore Hamilton
- He’s a shy, serious family sim with the OTH off tinkering.
- His interests are in entertainment, sports, travel, politics, environment, and fashion.
- His LTW is to be a Hall of Famer.
- He likes girls who wear glasses and can cook, but he dislikes if they wear make up.
- He had his first kiss with Cara. Then kissed, made out, and had his first woohoo with Brandi. He woohooed with Cara, fell in love with Brandi, and then fell in love with Cara.
- He’s friends with Brandi, Cara, Adrian, and Leroy.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 2:55 PM
@CaliBrat Canyon Cove seems interesting. I am interested in seeing what the Sims look like, I do like the descriptions.

I would tweak their turn-ons and turn-off in order to get as many 3 bolts as I could manage, because that is what I do.

I have never played with ACR I imagine it can get interesting.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:13 PM
As their nearin the end of their sophmore year I need to decide what majors to give them and what jobs they're gonna do. Ugghh... any suggestions?
(If I can get them to behave for a short time I'll hopefully have some pics up by tonight.)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:16 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures; your sims seem well-thought out and interesting. I know what you mean about thinking you wouldn't play and get attached to them.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures; your sims seem well-thought out and interesting. I know what you mean about thinking you wouldn't play and get attached to them.

Thank you, but I can't take the credit for most of the stuff as it's all just maxis info written down in a readable format... lol
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
As their nearin the end of their sophmore year I need to decide what majors to give them and what jobs they're gonna do. Ugghh... any suggestions?
(If I can get them to behave for a short time I'll hopefully have some pics up by tonight.)

When you go to computer to register your major, each major lists what Careers it is designed for. What I do is pick a Major that has the Icon for the Career corresponding to the Sim's Life Time Wish if possible, otherwise I just pick something that is flexible like Art or Psychology or Philosophy.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:43 AM
The map that started it all ... yeah I know it's naked. I intended to do it after ... well anyways :D

The first seven students

The next seven

The last four
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:17 AM
There have been a few additions to the household. Can ya guess who the daddies are based on the previously given info?

Felicia seems to be more of a romance sim than a knowledge one. She seems to be the going after the guys rather than them coming to her. However, she doesn't take to kindly to the other girls movin in on 'her men'. She's at odds with a few of the women. Here she is attackin Riley because Riley and Daniel had some fun in the hot tub. She was in the negative with Daniel for a while, but she seems to have forgiven him though.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:50 AM
I think all of your Sims look good. I don't know who the baby daddy is though.

Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:29 AM
wow. This looks like a real drama castle! I think everyone is going to keep you on your toes!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:51 PM
Looks like Felicia has a bit of a double standard going on.

I agree; this is going to be full of drama!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:29 PM
Phew I probably spent a silly amount of time on this, but since I worked hard on it it would be even sillier not to share. I know you only asked for advice on their careers, but I tried to consider careers that would work with their personalities, and even came up with some little stories for most of them. Of course you might see my interpretations as all wrong and you can feel free to ignore them, it was good practice for coming up with characters anyway. On we go then.

I tried to use default careers here, but of course there are a bunch of custom ones that might fit as well. Some have 2 career options, and unfortunately there is one sim I just couldn't figure out, so I left him with no options.

Adrian:
1) Slacker - He's lazy and likes to have fun and play games, so he doesn't want a job that requires too much focus. The less effort he has to put into his job, the more he has to look out for hookups on the job. That also leaves him more time to eavesdrop and maybe even get in on the shady deals that go on in the back of the store. Or perhaps he's the type of guy to be hired by a creative type, turn up late, and do a half-assed job since he spent most of his time checking people out.
When it comes the the "Professional Party Guest" level, he loves earning a lot of money for basically just having a good time, maybe even scoring with some of the other guests. He loves being surrounded by rich and cultured sims who love to show off their money by hosting extravagant parties. These people are rich and important, and the law can't touch them, so they probably have some pretty shady forms of entertainment at these parties too. Or maybe they're making deals in the back of the VIP section to make sure their fortunes never disappear, and Adrian wants in...

Brandi:
1) Entertainment - Think lazy, grouchy comic who only ever makes lazy jokes about how everything sucks. She's not that popular because she's so pessimistic, but other grumpy sims are dedicated fans, so it works for her. She loves the attention from these fans, and genuinely enjoys entertaining them, as long as it doesn't require too much effort to write her jokes. Maybe her LTW stems from the fact that she thinks the government sucks and wishes she could be in charge, if only she weren't so lazy... she has other interests in life, like fashion, food and entertainment, but keeps them to herself, as talking about thing she enjoys would ruin the grumpy image her fans relate to.
2) Blogger - She's outgoing and loves reaching and influencing other people. She loves how easy it is to maintain her sloppy blog about fashion, food and the latest entertainment of canyon cove. She gets paid to eat the best foods, wear the coolest clothes, and see the best shows, so what's not to love? She knows her taste must be good, 'cause it's expensive, right? Her LTW might tie in with her trying to talk politics on her blog every once in a while. She knows she's passionate about the law, even though she probably doesn't fully understand it. This comes across as shallow to others coupled with her other interests, but really she does care and wants to understand better. Maybe her blog can help her reach out and learn?

Here's a mod that will help with this one: http://www.cyjon.net/node/344

Cara:
1) Oceanography - She's kind and deadly serious about helping protect the environment and wildlife. She's always wanted to travel around the world to see new places and new animals. She loves tinkering and is extremely fit so could be the mechanic on a submarine while also helping with research. She gets to travel, tinker, and help the environment all in one. Also the small crew is reassuring, as she's not the best at dealing with crowds. She's terribly shy, but hopes her travels will help her overcome it, since in another country she could act like a completely different person, maybe even the type of person to have thrilling affairs overseas?

Daniel:
1) Athletic - He's very active and dedicated to being the very best in his sport. He has a passion for fitness and loves to learn about the body, to figure out how to train himself for the best possible performance. He coaches others occasionally, but usually comes off as too aggressive. He would love to be a sports star so he can entertain and be a role model for others, especially his own children. He wants 6, and he'll do his best to make sure they're as healthy as can be.
2) Military - His dedication to fitness and his tendency to be serious would do him well in the military. He joined because he's always been tempted by criminal activity, and wanted a strict lifestyle to stop himself from straying. His thirst for knowledge could make him the best candidate to lead an army. He loves giving orders at work so much that he's thinking of having his own little army at home too...

Felicia:
1) Culinary - Felicia has always been the shy and serious type, and she loves to learn about intricate things by experimenting and fiddling with them. She loves food, and would love to be a professional chef, combining unique and delicious flavours within her meticulously assembled dishes. Her desire for perfect food is insatiable, but that's not the only thing... maybe her cooking prowess can help her out, after all the quickest way to the heart is through the stomach...
2) Politics - Felicia is a dedicated member of her community and would love to help tackle crime in her neighbourhood to make it better for everyone, but she feels too shy to try and be a political front woman, so she stays behind the scenes and assists to the best of her ability. Despite her shyness, she is drawn to promiscuity as a release from her often timid self, but must keep her escapades a secret in order to maintain her clean cut image, or risk her boss' campaign.

Harmony:
1) Artist - Harmony is easy going, playful and kindhearted. Her love of art and culture, plus the ability to create messy and playful masterpieces led her to a full time art career. She lives the laid back life of a bohemian, meeting artistic and interesting people from all walks of life. She is a romantic at heart and the starving artist type never fails to draw her in. She wishes the world could be happier, and tries to encourage it through her artwork. She believes in justice and is extremely passionate about upholding it.

Joseph:
1) Medicine - Joseph has a thirst for knowledge and a penchant for mechanics. He is very interested in medicine, mainly the benefits of robotics when applied in medicine. He treats the body as a machine to be maintained and improved over time, and even has several ideas on how to create artificial life, although he's not sure others would see it as ethical... he also enjoys studying meteorology, and appreciates going on outings in order to keep himself cultured.

Leroy:
1) Adventurer - Leroy loves nature, so much that he would prefer to just live amongst it all. He enjoys the solitude of camping out in the forest alone, watching the weather, and trying to tune his radio to pick up the latest sports commentary. He enjoys being alone, but also wishes he could travel far away and start his own community of nature loving sims who aren't afraid to get dirty. Of course his community would include a band of his own dirt loving kids, too.

Moira:
1) Science - Moira might be quite similar to Leroy, in that she loves nature and weather watching. She cares greatly about the environment, good food and a good team sport to take part in. She'd love to go out and study in the field, perhaps even living self sufficiently in a community. She quite enjoys the idea of living rough with a whole bunch of inquisitive kids, collecting data and spending quality time with her family. She knows others may see this rough community living as a "mad scientist" thing, but she has no problems with that.

Orville:
1) ? - Not too sure, he sounds like a mix of Joseph and Cara to me, a tricky combination.

Portia:
1) Gamer - Portia is playful and not too interested in hard work, so gaming would be a great career for her. All the underwater themed levels in her favourite games gave her a love of the ocean, and she'd love to explore seas, if only it didn't take her away from her comfy couch and cool games... she'd love to have kids so she can always have someone else to play with.

Quentin:
1) Culinary - Quentin is shy but has a talent for cooking, and has always dreamed of making a large profit from it by running his own 5 star restaurant, since he loves food so much. Despite his shyness, he likes to be in control and give orders, and since he feels too lazy and unfit for the army, maybe being the head of a busy kitchen would suffice?

Riley:
1) Dance/Entertainment - Riley loves to be the center of attention and captivating audiences. Her love of fashion and entertainment led her to dance, where she can wear beautiful costumes and make others happy with her performances. She also loves the sensuality of some forms of dance, and many of her dance partners turn into more than just friends. She would love to be famous and have her own TV show one day.

*The Captain Hero career level is strange, since when you reach it you can change over to a TV Star in the entertainment career. She could then work her way up to a superstar if you choose to follow that path.*

Theodore:
1) Business - Theodore is an average guy and just wants a good job to be able to provide for his future family. He loves sports and has dreams of being a Hall of Famer, but thinks that's too far fetched for someone like him. He'll probably just settle into a mundane job and find release by tinkering with robots in his garden shed while listening to the sports channel over the TV. A guy can dream.

Hope somebody enjoys reading all that
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:35 PM
Thanks for the help Zen ... I will take this into consideration when I assign them their majors and then careers, which I need to do veery soon as they've just started their junior year.