Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:02 PM
Default Not recognizing my graphics card! [The Sims 4]
I hope i'm not the only one with this problem but i'm using a GTX 960 wich can run the game perfectly, the problem is that The Sims 4 is not recognizing it, any solutions?

Also if this is not the right place to make this kinds of threads please let me know.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:56 PM
Did you just get the graphics card? Do you get a message saying that the game doesn't recognize the graphics card? I got a new graphics card and both Sims 3 and 4 popped up a message saying that it does not recognize the graphics card and would put the game on the highest settings possible. But I played fine after I clicked the tick. You could put these types of threads in the help section.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Smeg Head
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:39 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 14th Jan 2018 at 6:40 AM.
I once had same issue for TS3. I followed this helpful guide to setting it right - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...zed_by_the_game

I'm assuming the same operation should work for TS4. The TS4 equivalent file is not called DeviceConfig.log, it is called GraphicsCard.sgr. I would strongly suggest do a bit more research online to confirm all this before you start altering anything. And certainly keep an original backup of the GraphicsCard.sgr to be on the safe side.

Bur before you start doing anything, The best confirmation to check is in the same Sims4 folder where the Mods folder is, there is a file called Config.log. Open that with Notepad and look down the list to "Graphics device info" section. See there if it specifies the name of your GPU and also if it says "(Found:1, Supported:1)" If yes, then it does support your GPU. But if any of them say 0 instead of 1, then you're going to have to do the manual file altering thing. Or, alternatively, go to the EA Help website and report their file deficiency and hope they fix it in a patch.

Good luck.

Edit - Just to add some helpful info. I opened the TS4 GraphicsCard.sgr just now, and it does list the GTX 960 as being supported. Is yours a straight up 960? Or something else with more bells and whistles like a 960m or 960msi?

Also, at the expense of pointing out the obvious just to be thorough, is your NVidia driver up to date?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pinheiro
I hope i'm not the only one with this problem but i'm using a GTX 960 wich can run the game perfectly, the problem is that The Sims 4 is not recognizing it, any solutions?

Also if this is not the right place to make this kinds of threads please let me know.

Do you happened to use computer that have 2 graphic chip, with one being integrated intel graphic and the other being NVidia? If that so you might want to add TS4 exe to run with NVidia graphic.

Can try google for a guide, here's one I found:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2232...24466478653678/