Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default How to CAUSE the Super Duper Hug bug?
Hi! I'm new here, not sure if this is the right place but I'll give it a go!

So, I LOVE glitches and making my game bug out. I don't know why, but it's fascinating to me & I also find it really fun.

Today I found out about the notorious Super Duper Hug glitch in Sims 2. However, all sources I can find just discuss how to remove the glitch and how to patch it. That's great and all, but I want to know how to cause it.

Hopefully this isn't against the MTS ToS (since this isn't a virus or anything I don't think it is? Mods, if so please just delete this, I obviously missed something) so I would like to ask if there is anything I can do to cause it. Are there any hacks which are notorious for causing it when the hack is removed? Any infected lots I could download? Anything I could do with the boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled cheat? Even if there's a video buried somewhere of the glitch in action would be great, I can't find anything myself.

Thank you so, so much for any help you guys can offer. I really appreciate it!
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:51 PM
The hug code becomes active (It's Maxis code, not a "bug," that normally is inactive) if you install a mod that adds an option to a Sim's pie menu -- which is mostly social interaction mods -- and then delete that mod. Adding and then deleting ANY such mod will do it. It doesn't have to be a specific one. The hug code acts as a sort of fallback, to replace the code you deleted by deleting the mod. It only propagates through the community because the activated code tags along with packaged houses that people share with other players. You'll know you have it when you click on a Sim with the intention of having your active one interact and you'll see a pie menu option called "DEBUG - Super Duper Hug."

That said, the code isn't really very amusing. The Sims will give a lot of friendly hugs even to complete strangers. So, the hugs are usually rebuffed, relationships drop, and pixels end up hating each other. It's amusing for a little while and then it's just stupid. IMO, anyway.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:03 PM
Oohh, ANY mod? I know it'll probably get tiring quickly but I've already went through everything in BP TCE so, gotta find something new! Thanks for the help!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Levirne
Oohh, ANY mod? I know it'll probably get tiring quickly but I've already went through everything in BP TCE so, gotta find something new! Thanks for the help!

Do you have Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded mod? If you do it, pull it for awhile. That suppresses the code even in neighborhoods where it's been activated, so it's possible you already have it and don't know it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Do you have Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded mod? If you do it, pull it for awhile. That suppresses the code even in neighborhoods where it's been activated, so it's possible you already have it and don't know it.

I've... never actually modded my game before. Well, I've modded TS3 but not TS2. And I've never imported any form of CC, so I'm as clean as can be rn haha
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Levirne

Any mod that adds a pie menu option, yes, but not just ANY mod at all. Off the top on my head, this one will do it: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225894

Perhaps this is obvious, but you will need to load the game once with the mod installed, then exit the game and delete the mod, then reload the game for the hug code to affect the game.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#7 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The hug code becomes active (It's Maxis code, not a "bug," that normally is inactive) if you install a mod that adds an option to a Sim's pie menu -- which is mostly social interaction mods -- and then delete that mod. Adding and then deleting ANY such mod will do it. It doesn't have to be a specific one.
Modders learned some time ago that there's a way to prevent the Super Hug from becoming active when a social mod is deleted (by zeroing out the mod's fallback guid). So mods made after that discovery won't activate the super hug code, unless the modder was unaware of this step for whatever reason.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:01 PM
Well, there are certain mods you do want, as they help you stay cleaner than you can in a 100% vanilla game. No Sim Loaded is one of them. There's a sticky "essential mods" thread here which can help you with installing just what you need in order to keep from breaking the game and/or your favorite neighborhood unintentionally, as opposed to deliberately generating glitches.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Any mod that adds a pie menu option, yes, but not just ANY mod at all. Off the top on my head, this one will do it: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225894

Perhaps this is obvious, but you will need to load the game once with the mod installed, then exit the game and delete the mod, then reload the game for the hug code to affect the game.

Does it matter if I don't have the expansion back installed for this? I know the mod itself won't be able to function properly, but will the glitch still occur?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:37 PM
1) The SDH is maxis code which belongs in the installation files, but it can become active in the game. It is harmless but annoying.

2) You need two essential mods to stop this. No Sim loaded + Smarter EP check. These should be downloaded into your new sims game as soon as it's installed to prevent the SDH.

3) Without the preventives you can make the code active by A)installing an infected lot (the SDH goes invisibly with lots so a creator may not know) or B) By installing then pulling a badly made social mod. A social mod is one that adds something to your sims pie menu (not any mod)

4) Either reinstall to remove it, or go download the two mods, install and hide it. Just know that while you don't see it, it will go with any lot you upload.

The biting neck mod does not create the SDH. Yes, it did when first released but was fixed years ago.

Go download no sim loaded http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1665.html and Smarter EP check http://cyjon.net/node/323 Again these will only hide it, your game will be 'infected' until you reinstall.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~