Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 11:03 AM
Default Please help! Downloaded lots won't show up no matter what I do
Hi,
I have downloaded some pretty residential lots from Modthesims and Parsimonious and installed them into the Downloads folder via Sim2Pack Clean Installer. However, for some reason the lots didn't show up in the Lot&Houses bin even though all other CC, ie furniture appear in Buy Mode. Custom Content is absolutely enable.

I just started playing Sims 2 since last week and have installed Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Family Fun Stuff and H&M Fashion Stuff. I did pay close attention to the EPs required for each lot and only chose simple houses like these ones:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378201
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378965

Please tell me what's the problem here, I'm almost given up now Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 11:38 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.
Lots don't belong in the Downloads folder. Have you tried simply doubleclicking on the file? What happens?

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:02 PM
uhm I've read both guides. I have Clean Installer so when I double-click on the file it shows up, I chose Downloads as the Installation Folder then click Install. is there anything wrong? Because I thought the guides said all package files went to Downloads folder
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 2:56 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 5th Dec 2009 at 3:59 PM.
Lot files go to the Teleport folder; the game will then write them to the lot catalog. This is the Clean Installer's default installaton protocol for lots and shouldn't be altered (see S2CI's manual).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 3:36 PM
Oh now I see ^^ Sorry for being such a noob, thanks a lot! This site rocks so much!!!!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 4:37 PM
So are the lots showing up for you now? Everything's cool?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 9:20 PM
Default NOT for me.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
So are the lots showing up for you now? Everything's cool?
They arent for me. :C I havent changed anything with the Sims 2 Clean Installer, but for some reason they just wont show up. I've downloaded a bunch of your lots (thanks btw) but to no avail.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 9:53 PM
Start Clean Installer and see if they are in the Lot Catalogue. If they are, perhaps you need to delete the cache files (I would delete the thumbnails too) and then restart your game.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 9:59 PM
@Kisskiss1 this thread is almost 7 years old and you should have made your own thread if your having lots not installing as they should.

Links to the download and your game setup is also a must to try and help you with your problem,

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:29 PM
Default Similar problem but this didn't work!
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.
Lots don't belong in the Downloads folder. Have you tried simply doubleclicking on the file? What happens?

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Hello,

I am having a similar problem but this didn't seem to work for me (possible that I'm a bit of a dud!),

Basically, I have a downloads folder that I've made in ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads

And I've made a couple of folders within this to organise it, e.g. hair, lots, clothes, furniture etc.
But when I download them (mostly using The Sims Resource) and then unzip them using 7zX so the file is saved as something like Modern_Bachelor_home.Sims2Pack.7z instead of Modern_Bachelor_home.Sims2Pack

But when I go into the game (I've changed the settings to enable custom content) they just aren't there. What am I doing wrong?

I have a Mac if that makes any difference, and I'm using Sims 2 Super Collection.

Thank you so much!
Charlotte
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 2:47 AM
Way to give completely incorrect answers while chastising them for necromancy.

Sims2pack's don't just go in your downloads folder, you need to use the game installer to actually install them. Double click, or the Mac equivalent, to open them with the games installer.

Also, I don't think that is even the correct file path for cc, try reading this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...uper+collection. It's for the CEP, but it gives the file path for downloads on newer macs.

And now closing, please let dead threads stay dead. Start your self a new, more current thread.
Locked thread