Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:44 PM Last edited by simgirl9089 : 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:15 PM.
Default Kingdom Hearts Project
Hi! I'm working on making accurate clothing and some hairstyles for Kingdom Hearts characters in the Sims2. Right now, I have Kairi's clothes, Hayner's clothes, and Namine's clothes, but I am also working on her hair.

Mostly, I need help on Namine's hair, but feedback on the others' clothes is needed, too. For the hair, it looks off to me somehow, but I don't know what to do about it. And, as for the texture, it's just to see how it looks, thats not the final texture. I'm also a little lost at how the best way to UV map it would be, so I'm gonna post the current map of the hair. Any suggestions on that would help a LOT!

Sorade on photobucket has awesome pictures of the characters in game, so I used those as references. http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l...rade/?start=120

Also, I colored Kairi's dress according to the cinematic version. And I know her shoes are not done, I'm working on that Oh, and her undershirt does have texture on it, the lighting just makes it look weird.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:54 PM
There's no shading at all. D:
It's just blocks of colour.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:00 PM Last edited by simgirl9089 : 6th Jul 2009 at 8:22 PM.
There should be shading, I recolored maxis textures. There is shading, it might be the lighting but should I darken them?

EDIT: This is the actual texture map, the shadows are there, but like I said I recolored maxis textures cause I am not good at hand doing textures.
Screenshots
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:08 PM
You should definitely shade a lot more. Namine's hair is a lot less yellow. Hayner's pants and shoes have a lot more shading and are a lot darker. Kairit's belt and purse need to be more very dark grey than pitch black. Her dress is also more red and a bit darker. Overall, wonderful job! You can really see the work you put into it! And these are all your own meshes from scratch?

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:17 PM
Ok, I'll see what I can do about the shading. More, or darker?
Thank you! Yea they are, not really from scratch, the only things I made from scratch were Hayner's shoes, Namine's shoes, Kairi's belt and purse thingy, and Namine's hair. Everything else is Maxis, just changed by me.
And as for the hair, that's not the color I'm using, I just slapped it on there so it had some kind of texture on it.
Zombie Socks
#6 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:31 PM
I'd say mess around with the normals on Naimine's bangs. They look a little wonky at the top.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:54 AM Last edited by simgirl9089 : 7th Jul 2009 at 1:47 AM.
The bangs, probably just the texture because it's not lined up (I didn't try to make the texture look nice, it was only to test in game). I'll check them, though.
Btw, I love your avatar. Death Note's awesome!

EDIT: Is this closer? I didn't do the belt yet, but I played with the color of the dress and added some shadowing, I know it needs more. Here's a Bodyshop and in game shot.
Screenshots
Instructor
#8 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:19 AM
Hayner's pants you are making aren't the right color. and i LOVE Kingdom Hearts! :D

keep it up!

Kairi's hair and clothing needs to be darker.

Fashion icon Lady GaGa! Now being created. Take a look!
Call me RCob It's much easier. :)

Mah Facebook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:53 AM
Hey, thanks!

That's not the right hair for Kairi, I know, that's just for picture taking purposes.
I've got a LOT to do on Hayner, I know.
Instructor
#10 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:28 AM
well youve got the basics and its coming along! i can't wait. i wish it was for sims 3. :/

Mah Facebook
Zombie Socks
#11 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:22 AM
If this was sims 3 I might die a little inside. Why not use some modified Nouk textures for their hair? The textures are very nice for hair.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:12 PM
I was thinking Nouk's textures, I love her hairs! And, well, I don't have the sims3, and probably won't get it either.
Instructor
#13 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:25 PM
if you end up getting it, hacks make it ALOT better.

Mah Facebook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:53 PM
I kinda want it, seeing all the stuff being made for it already, which is awesome . We'll see, I guess.
But here's some pictures of the hair with Nouk's textures.
Before anyone says anything, there ARE some seams, I'm gonna fix them, but I wanted to see how this looks to you guys so far. And, sorry for the bodyshop pictures, I'll get in game ones once I fix the seams and what not.
Screenshots
Zombie Socks
#15 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:10 PM
I'd say fix up the UV mapping as well. Hair is not a staight texture all around. Hair curves and flows. Once you fix the seams and the UV-mapping, you'll want to work on that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:58 AM
Ok I'll get to that. UV mapping's hard, it's gonna take me forever to get it right.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:39 PM
Hey, I've been working on Sora's textures the past few days. They are FAR from being done, but I wanted to show how it's coming so far. Do they look close to Sora's actual clothes, or are they totally horrible?

And the red pocket things on his pants look terrible, I don't know what I'm gonna do about them haha.

Oh yeah, don't mind the badly lined up sleeves. They will be fixed.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:00 PM
They're REALLY close imo! I think it's fantastic (but then again, I'm not a person to be taking an opinion from XD)
Keep working on this stuff! I'll definitely download when you're done! Keep up the AMAZING work

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Zombie Socks
#19 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:26 PM
Looks great! As long as you bring his blue shirt down, it's covering his neck right now. You've done a really outstanding job on this mesh!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:29 PM
Aw thanks! Yea his shirt, looks kinda stupid now haha. That means a lot to me guys, thanks so much, I worked really hard on this!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:38 PM
I worked really hard on this!

Yep, and it shows! Keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:00 AM
I'mSimalicious, Thank you!

Also, I'm kinda torn with one thing. You know the shoulder shield things on Sora? I don't know if I should just draw them on the texture or put them on the mesh. I drew them on the jacket, but I thought it looked stupid, however I don't want the poly count to be too high. If I actually mesh it on, it won't be like elaborate, but just a flat plain shaped over his shoulder (it would be alpha-editable, like I plan on making the chain for his necklace thing).

What do you think?

And, I was thinking of making the necklace an accessory. Would that be better?
Forum Resident
#23 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:17 AM
1) Definitely at least try to mesh the shoulder shields. 2) I think that would be better than meshing it directly onto the clothing mesh.
Zombie Socks
#24 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:18 AM
I think that if you can't mesh the shoulder shields, then you should just leave them off. Nothing looks worse than adding a 3d mesh part to a 2d texture. It would just end up looking bad.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:27 AM Last edited by simgirl9089 : 13th Jul 2009 at 5:15 PM.
True. When I drew them on it looked absolutely terrible. Shouldn't be too hard to mesh them in, I think. Thanks.

EDIT: Here's the new mesh with the alpha-editable shoulder shield thingies! I think they look much better, and it didn't up the poly count too much.

I'm kinda happy with the way it's turning out so far.

And yea, I'm gonna do the necklace as an accessory.
Screenshots
Locked thread
Page 1 of 23