Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 5:37 PM
With having that video and only a 1.4 Ghz CPU your notebook does not have the system specs to run the UC.

CPU SPEED: 1.3 GHz processor (2.0 for Vista). Non-T&L capable video cards require a 2.4 GHz processor or better.

1.3 is for windows XP, 2.0 for Vista and 2.4 GHz for windows 7 and above and that is if you have a good video card but yours is on the low side.
You need to turn down all settings to there lowest point then play and slowly move them up until it starts problems again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:04 PM
*mumbling to himself*
stop scaring innocent people guys, said machine is pretty much capable to run Sims 3 with a little tailoring, it won't be cheetah but it won't be a dying turtle either. There won't be any bigger problems with S2UC if matters shall be set properly, or as close to proper as possible.

to the OP: what is your config-log saying? (->Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Ultimate Collection/Logs filename is [YourComputerName]-config-log.txt) it's importand to know what the game actually see.

Your GPU (any) is not recognized by the program (graphics rules needs editing); clock on the CPU does not matter, it shall go turbo if stressed anyway (and with Sims2 it probably never will until you really make it to do). Since i3 level (which is an entry budget one btw) it's without any sense comparing simple numbers in the such old game case, these CPUs are much more efficient with lower clock than any CPU from the game's actual life, that was the point of producing them in the 1st place.

Stuttering and sudden lags may be also an effect of drive->CPU delay, particulary visible if it's mechanical 5400rpm one, the CPU is too fast, and the game needs to wait for r/w data from/to disc. ALso these programs are not built to work with multiple cores/threads, tying the game process to one core, one thread (preferably 2core, 3rd thread) resolves this most of the time.

obviously - LAA (4GB) patch and starting game outside that pesky Origin Crapware shall help too.
Do you have a DirectX 9c drivers installed? Because emulating DX9 via DX11 interface is not a good idea.

(now wondering if i should start "Suppousedly low-spec simmer" group...)

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Alchemist
#28 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:57 PM
not sure, but deleting the cache files might temporarily fix the animations.
the files would be located in main Sims2 folder (My Documents directory).
Scholar
#29 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 12:26 PM
My laptop is an older model as well, runs Windows 10 and has no problem running the game. Specs below. Integrated Intel Graphics. 6GB RAM. So I don't think it is your specs, but rather your drivers, graphics rules and/or 4GB patch.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#30 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 3:02 PM
^ Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
SciBirg, that's probably one of the reasons the OP's computer is having problems with the game and you don't. Your processor is 2,5 GHz, while the OP's processor is 1,3 GHz, only barely reaching the minimum requirement for WinXP, let alone Win10. The minimum you need if you have Win10 is 2,4 GHz. A slow/weak processor would most likely be the main reason for stuttering and lag in the game.

An old computer can sometimes run the game better than a new computer, because it's more likely to have a compatible graphic card and more compatible OS. I had a laptop that managed the game reasonably alright, with 512 MB memory, XP, and probably just barely reaching the other requirements. It did however start lagging something fiercely when I added FT, and it did need 2-3 hours on startup with 10-12 GB of CC. Now I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did...
Scholar
#31 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:10 PM
it does not works that way @simmer22 OP's CPU model is AMD budget one (with real 4core/4threads architecture, so it's not impaired 2core/3threads earlier version) with base clock 1.3GHz and turbo mode 2.3, the downside of that model is weaker, less efficient embedded GPU than Intel counterparts, though it should deal with S2UC without problems, or at last at the basic acceptable level.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Page 2 of 2