Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't place the "Suspense" painting
A couple of weeks ago I noticed I couldn't place the "Suspense" painting anywhere. In fact, whenever I clicked on it, the painting wouldn't appear at all on the world. It's just there, in the Catalog, without ever being bought... which is a shame, since it is actually a pretty good painting. I thought it was a one-time thing, and didn't pay much attention.
I think it might have to do with this glitch, but today I made my own recolour of that painting, and again, I couldn't place it. The recolour wouldn't even show on the list of recolours for that painting.

Does anyone know what's going on? I don't seem to have problems with any other painting, just "Suspense".

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:45 AM
You may have an object that's causing a GUID conflict (or something similar). You may have to do a 50/50 search to find the item.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:50 PM
Found the offender! It's a 4t2 conversion of the Chalk Bread Menu made by twofingerswhiskey. What should I do know? I would ideally like to keep it in my game.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:28 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:48 AM.
Original here: https://2fingerswhiskey.livejournal.com/133180.html
Their Tumblr is here: http://twofingerswhiskey.tumblr.com/

Looks like there might be a GUID issue.
The MMAT and main GUID uses 0x008F2B4E, while the two extra OBJDs (for the grids) have 0xECD8C44C and 0x8CD8C44D (most likely the GUIDs for the original painting - GUIDs for the same object usually gets 1+ numbers up from the main GUID, not completely different ones) - 2FW probably forgot to make new GUIDs for the two extra OBJDs, something that can cause issues with the objects ingame, usually with placement (both objects might still show up in the catalog). Cloned objects need new GUIDs for all the OBJDs, not just the main one.

It's an easy mistake, and if the object works ingame and they don't use the original painting, they probably didn't even notice it.

You can use the "ask" box on the Tumblr page to ask (politely, of course ) if they can fix the object. Or if you happen to have SimPE, you can assign new GUIDs for the 0,0 and 0,1 OBJDs (don't tick the box for the MMAT).