Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:20 AM Last edited by Kat206 : 14th Oct 2017 at 7:35 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game settings (llike season selections and town name) do not save...
I apologize if this is in the wrong category...

Several options do not save once I exit TS2 and load it back up.

Some Examples:

I created a desert-town, so I want all seasons to be summer. I change them all to summer and for as long as I keep the game up, all is peachy. But if I quit the game and start it back up, I have to change it all again. When my sims are having their beautiful sunny wedding in the desert sand, and then it starts to snow because I forgot to change all the seasons back to summer... it gets old.

When I first created the town I named it something like: "dshjfbdsbf" because I couldn't think of one right then. Every. Single. Time. I load up my game I have to change it from gibberish to "Paleview"...it gets old.

Then there are the less (but still annoying) things, such as having to turn on reflections and ticking the "force 12 hour clock" option.

The game looks wonderful and runs great, but certain things just don't save. Which I just don't understand because all the high graphics settings and neighborhood viewing options are saved.

I've searched for answers but the few places I found that people had the same issue, they were also unsolved.

Hopefully someone here will point me in the right direction (along with others that search this same problem!).

Thank you.

In case it is relevant:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/14/2017, 01:56:58
Machine name: CUPCAKE
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.17F.30
Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3562MB RAM
Page File: 2210MB used, 4913MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9648)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 2022 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 1525 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x062A, 0x5918
FF Driver: n/a

Poll w/ Interrupt: No
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 8:55 AM
Sounds as though you have some data files that are saved as "read only." Some OS's do that sometimes without asking you. You can check by right-clicking on the files and looking under "properties."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Sounds as though you have some data files that are saved as "read only." Some OS's do that sometimes without asking you. You can check by right-clicking on the files and looking under "properties."

Sorry for being a bit slow but where are the files I need to be looking at?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:18 PM
Well, your save data is in My Documents, so have a look at those. In particular, the Neighbourhoods folder - those are the saved games.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, your save data is in My Documents, so have a look at those. In particular, the Neighbourhoods folder - those are the saved games.

Thank you both so much!

All the folders within the EA Games folder were Read Only. I right clicked on the EA Games folder, went to properties, and unchecked the Read Only box. I loaded up my game, made my preferred setting changes, quit, and loaded it back up to test...... and it saved everything. Wow, thanks!

Probably didn't have to change all of them to Read Only but I was too excited and eager for it to work.

So happy it was an easy fix and really appreciate the help. THANK YOU!!! :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 8:54 PM
Glad to be of service. Don't feel stupid - there's a lot to know about this game, and you can play a long time without knowing any technical stuff, so you are far from the first person here who didn't know where to find the data files. Some day, someone else will come along with this problem, and you'll be the one to help them.

Now that you know where the data are to be found, it's time to start making regular backups! It's important to do this in case of emergencies. Just copy the Neighborhood folders of the neighborhoods you've been playing onto an external source periodically, and even if your hard drive fries you'll be able to start again without losing much gameplay when you fix the problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:52 PM
We get this question all the time now, I was guessing it to be a windows 10 'feature'. Unusual to see it on Win 7.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:09 PM
It does seem to becoming a thing with Windoze. I wonder if it was an update Jo?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc