Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 7:29 AM Last edited by isapilapil : 7th Jan 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Default "Attribute number out of range error" on certain lots
Hi,

After following your technical support steps, I've narrowed down my problem to custom content, but I'd like to request some help in further understanding what's happening to my game.

My two problem lots run normally without my downloads folder. I also tried running my game with only my "hacks" and the problem lots run normally as well. When running the game with segregated downloads, it runs fine as well --probably because the conflicting items are in two different batches? But that's just a guess...

What happens is the sims in the lot get stuck in place with the plumbob disappearing and reappearing again, like an endless jump bug loop. Their motives decay, but they act like there's no free will on. When boolprop is enabled, this is the error i get for the sims in the problem lots:

Build: 1.10.0.122
at Oct 3 2007,16:48:17

Object id: 450
name: N005_User00240 - Richter (or name of sim on other affected lot)
Stack size: 6
Error: Attribute number out of range.
Iterations: 1
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 1265
Stack Object name: Sculpture - Wooden Model
Node: 0
Tree: id 8194 name 'Interaction - View - TEST' version -32745
from PaintingGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: 0 0 Locals:
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Stack Object id: 450
Stack Object name: N005_User00240 - Richter
Node: 2
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Params: 15 0 Locals:
Frame 2:
Node: 7
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: 4 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 113
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 5 20 0
Frame 0:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Params: Locals:

I'm assuming the problem is from a clone of "Stack Object name: Sculpture - Wooden Model" but I would really appreciate if someone can help me further understand/interpret what the error log is saying --or which non-cc sculpture it's referring to.

Another thing I've noticed is that the error has something to do with the Maxis elevator connecting shaft. I'm able to get one of the problem lots to work normally without this 'connecting shaft', however, the other problem lot doesn't have an elevator so I'm stumped about that one. Both lots are residential by the way.

Would greatly appreciate any info or insights you can offer

Thank you for your time
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N005_t216563.zip (31.0 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 8:52 AM
Is it always this: "Sculpture - Wooden Model" as the stack object name, or does that vary?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:29 AM
Hi!

The stack object name is always "Sculpture - Wooden Model" on the error logs of both lots.

Thanks for your reply!
#4 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:32 AM
Do you actually have the same particular custom sculpture or other piece of artwork on both those lots? If so, try deleting it from one of the lots, and see if that lot stops having the problem. (NB the object may not actually be presented as a sculpture because some people make things like kitchen wall cupboards from paintings and sculptures)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:45 AM
Can you attach the entire log file (as a file) to your post? Then we can probably narrow down the location of the object to at least a particular room.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 12:48 PM
Hi again!

I finally was able to find the object that was causing the problem. It was a Heineken beer crate under miscellaneous decorations. I didn't notice it in the other lot because I accidentally placed it under some big bushes (woops).

I was able to find the file by taking out all my cc again and listing down what showed up as that wooden human model sculpture in my problem lots. Then I put all my CC back in and took note of what objects replaced the Maxis sculpture. With boolprop enabled, i started deleting them one by one and playing the lot (and praying) after each delete. Once the crate was off the lot, my game was back to normal! Elevators are working too!

Thank you Inge and Echo for your time and help! I still attached the error log file in case anyone wants it for reference.

Wheeee!
#7 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 1:02 PM
Oh you didn't need to go that far! It would have been enough simply to delete that file from your downloads once you identified it. I only suggested you delete the object from the lot first as a test, so you wouldn't throw out a good CC file if we were wrong about the culprit. There is no reason to believe that anything else made from the same Maxis object would have caused any problems.

You can delete a file from Downloads without removing it from the lots, because the game will automatically replace it with the original Maxis object. Then when you next play each affected lot, you will notice the wrong object where it used to be and delete or replace it as you play.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 5:18 AM
I'll take note of that so that I'd be more prepared in case it happens again! Luckily it was on the 5th try so I didn't lose much cc