Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it impossible to create a real clean Neighborhood with the Ultimate edition?
Hello everyone. I'm still experiencing some pink troubles but it gets really better. I'm actually trying to re-create a brand new Neighborhood free from all the premade townies and all, as my oldie is filled with characters, sometimes in triple.
I've followed exactly the directions given by the Wiki, and by MATY... I've uploaded and placed every empty neighborhood I could find, and added all the antiredudancies and norespawn available.
Still, when starting the game found in Neighborhood the files E001, F001 and G001. After lauching a brand new hood, the N001 character files is filled with no less than 550 characters!
There is two trouble who come in my mind:
1. I have to adapt the old method to the Ultimate
2. Maybe I miss some hack to avoid the creation of new townies...

As there is really hard to find any functionning archive actually (all are dating from 2008 or are older) I want to know if there is someone who succeed in installing the Utimate edition in clean mode, in which way and with witch hacks?

(I appologize in advance if I miss some old post explaining how to, I've done an extensive search these last two hours, with lots of missing links and not functionning archives)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:25 AM Last edited by kerri191 : 25th Feb 2018 at 2:38 AM.
@Shaniah29 I'm using the UC with Jawusa's clean hoods and Pescado's mods for notownie regen, nodormieregen, etc..., and I haven't seen a townie yet (after two in-game weeks - this is a new hood). I did read an old post from Mootilda that the MATY hoods were created before much was known about how to make well-made clean hoods. I'll try to find both links.

Edit: Jawusa's Clean Hoods
There are also clean versions of the subhoods available, as well.

Still looking for that post from Mootilda. I just spent two weeks overhauling my game, and I read more than one post with invaluable advice from her on this and other things I was looking for info on.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Alchemist
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:38 AM
No, it's not impossible. It's pretty easy. I just did this and the characters file for the new neighborhood is empty.
If you just want to create a new empty neighborhood from scratch, then you need this:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

You do need the mods as well so install those first. Then, you'll rename the N001 folder, something like N001bak, so it won't activate, and then, after backing them up, replace the stealth neighborhood templates with these empty ones. All this happens in the game files, not the downloads folder, but the instructions are pretty clear. After that, when you go into the game and create a new neighborhood, it's empty of Sims.

You don't need to do anything with the clean neighborhoods here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800 unless you particularly want to recreate the old neighborhoods. Your post sounds like you just want a new one.

When I was making sure I understood, just a few days ago, I asked a question in one of these threads and Jawusa was right there to answer, so you'll be able to do it, I'm sure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:53 AM Last edited by Shaniah29 : 25th Feb 2018 at 7:21 AM.
Thank you so much kerri191 and Sunrader. I only had found the very first of the links with the 5 files. I really don't know why I never found the forum one... Maybe not the good words in the search bar.
I'll try and let you know if it works.

Edit: okay I did'nt find a clean template for E001, F001 and G001 who are messing. I just deactived them with a .bak
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:58 AM
Okay it worked perfectly actually!
Thank you very much for the good help. Maybe my post will help some other lost players in the future!
Alchemist
#6 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaniah29

Edit: okay I did'nt find a clean template for E001, F001 and G001 who are messing. I just deactived them with a .bak

Apparently, those aren't necessary since Jawusa only includes E002, F002, and G002, but I don't know if you might miss something by deactivating the 001's are not. Glad it worked, anyway.