Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM Last edited by OnayaW : 31st Jan 2018 at 9:24 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default New update = slow gameplay (help?)
So after some folks in here thought it was good to recommend me to update my UC I did... only to find trouble.

Now, before in time my game have never crashed.
The water was square and blinking instead of the smooth edges I remembered from my childhood but the gameplay went in a perfectly fine speed even with high quality turned on.
So I updated, expected that the lags I had, heads shaking when standing still in front of mailbox and square water would be fixed.
head shaking got fixed, square water, not. What else the update did fix is that build mode now works way faster for me.
Anyway, as happy as I was to discover build mode wouldn't blink when I placed something and that the head shaking stopped, the same type of sadness kinda hit me.

My camera speed and the animations for the sims are extremely laggy. So much I kinda wanna stop playing, which makes me sad to because I was so happy for my gameplay (12 households). Sure I could survive the extreme laggy animations on sims if I had 2 or 3 households but after that you get tired. I have to pause everytime I wanna do a command for my sims! because the camera moves slow as hell.
Here is a video on it, done it my biggest lot and house with a big family in my neighborhood. The animations works fine if only one sim is on the lot so... but seriously. 4 sims and this happen, and I have sims to live in apartments. I would never survive a round with my mental health in that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_R...eature=youtu.be

the animations even works better when the guy leaves out of the picture, and that. I would die.
And no, it's not about removing the CC because it was there before the update.
Currently driving low texture quality because of these laggy animations...
Anyone knows how to fix it?

PC info:

Acer Aspire E 15
Windows 10
Intel Celeron Quad Core Processor N3150
Intel HD Graphics
8 GB DDR3 L memory
8GB SSD + 1000 GB hybrid HDD

the comical is my pc can run a big heavy game like sims 3 (Which btw my computer says stress it more than because open world, it has even run Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Very weak but it did it for half an hour without crashing) and it has also run Sims 4 completely fine (It did say my graphic card wasn't the best but it ran super smoothly)

IDK if anyone can help at all. It's a new problem and it stress me mentally because i have to pause all the time for either pictures or just commanding my sims to survive. SURVIVE.

Info on game:
CC only fills 1.39GB. Nothing more because I don't need more than a little clothing and default replacement to not kill my eyes.

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:19 PM
I don't think CC would cause this problem. Have you recently added any mods to your game? Have you tried temporarily removing your Downloads folder to see if that fixes the problem?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I don't think CC would cause this problem. Have you recently added any mods to your game? Have you tried temporarily removing your Downloads folder to see if that fixes the problem?

No new mods
I don’t think my CC is the cause of the lag
Since I had it before the lag to
But I can try to remove my download folder
Not that I think it’ll change anything
I got the update yesterday
My download folder was last updated in december

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:33 AM
Just my opinion, but you shouldn't be playing 3D games on this laptop. You could wind up destroying inner components, and killing it off. I googled your processer and as I suspected it is far to slow to be able to keep up. 1.6 GHz is not a processer for gaming. It can overclock to 2.08, this is also not fast enough and will be putting tons of extra wear on your pc the longer you use it this way. That is why you notice a difference with less sims on the lot. Less items and sims = less processing power. Yes Sims 3 will stress it out more for sure, and Assassin's Creed Syndicate ran week and crashed for this reason also. Your computer just does not meet minimum specs. You say you can run Sims 4 fine, that is because the minimum specs for that game is 1.8 GHz. (Base game)Sims 2 with all expansions needs minimum 2.4 GHz to run, and this is on Windows Vista or Windows 7. Keep in mind also that these specs are for Desktop computers. Laptop computers need stronger hardware. Windows 10 needs a lot more processing power to run. Also you said it got worse after updating? That is because now Origin is also running hogging up processing power.

I am sorry to say this can't be fixed, unless you get a more powerful computer. The longer you use it the worse it is going to get over time. This pc was meant for light office work or to use for notes and reports for school.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:01 AM
@Jules1111 then it funny that when I go in and look that my laptop says it run way higher than you say it should because it has run sims 2 completely fine before with all expansions. I can’t go out and throw another $1000 after a computer (yes that’s what they cost here)
And it’s funny how it run other games, newer games fine
Simcity with all expansions. Sims 4 with a few expansions. Sims 3 with a few expansions but it decides it doesn’t wanna run that one old game smoothly
One game because sure I knew it couldn’t take assassin’s creed
But out of all the other games I can play on this laptop it decides to say no to sims 2. So whatever you research and see and say can I tell that this laptop runs art programs there is just as heavy as all the sims 2 packages together.
It’s also funny how my gameplay have run smoothly before the update so clearly my laptop which you say shouldn’t take it
Can take it.
My freaking ex is an expert in computers (and educated in it to) and he put my computer up to give out it’s best performance so yes it still contains whatever it says but it also perform higher than what the internet says.

I build small houses *^*
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:19 AM
I have a few questions.

* How long have you had Windows 10? Did you recently upgrade Windows 10 to version 1709? I ask because many simmers have recently had issues with Windows 10, UC, and specifically the Origin updated version of UC. The 1709 update maybe together with the Origin update broke UC for several simmers.

If it is a Windows 10 version 1709 issue, you may find some helpful suggestions in the first post here. MTS Sims 2 Help and the leefish forum, graphics cards section, also have several threads from this month about Windows 10 and UC breaking.

* When your ex modified your machine, did he overclock it? Make it perform differently than it was designed to?

No need to be curt, @Jules1111 was being helpful and couldn't know what modifications you or someone else made to the machine.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
@Jules1111 then it funny that when I go in and look that my laptop says it run way higher than you say it should because it has run sims 2 completely fine before with all expansions. I can’t go out and throw another $1000 after a computer (yes that’s what they cost here)
And it’s funny how it run other games, newer games fine
Simcity with all expansions. Sims 4 with a few expansions. Sims 3 with a few expansions but it decides it doesn’t wanna run that one old game smoothly
One game because sure I knew it couldn’t take assassin’s creed
But out of all the other games I can play on this laptop it decides to say no to sims 2. So whatever you research and see and say can I tell that this laptop runs art programs there is just as heavy as all the sims 2 packages together.
It’s also funny how my gameplay have run smoothly before the update so clearly my laptop which you say shouldn’t take it
Can take it.
My freaking ex is an expert in computers (and educated in it to) and he put my computer up to give out it’s best performance so yes it still contains whatever it says but it also perform higher than what the internet says.

Ok there is no need to get angry. You asked for peoples help and opinions on why your game is lagging in animations. I simply gave you what I thought was the issue, that I found with the information you provided. I had asked on the other thread for your DXDIAG, which wasn't provided, so the only place to get answers is the Intel site. Your ex made modifications, ok that's fine. Nobody new that, and we don't know what the modifications were. You say you should be able to play, I won't try to refute that. Normally animation errors like that are because of the processer, but I yield. I wish you luck getting your game to play properly.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:47 AM
@Jules1111
1: sorry for sounding angry. I realize I was halfsleeping since I just woke
2: I never had any sims 2 problems really without the updates
It’s when the updates started the problems came
3: i’m Seriously thinking in contacting my ex to install his disks because back then the game ran super smooth without UCs updates
I properly should contact him though

I build small houses *^*
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:14 PM
OnayaW, you may be able to run Ultimate Collection without Origin and without having to reinstall from disks. It's what I had to do because I tried reinstalling UC from my disks about three times. Now I use the George UC noCD executable. MTS does not allow linking to it. I only bring it up because that is the only thing that eventually worked for me and might save you some headache. Origin UC is very broken right now.

Play windowed, not fullscreen. Win 10 broke fullscreen gameplay for several games.
Play in compatibility mode for XP sp2 and run as admin.

In addition to using the noCD executable, I did also have to do a clean reinstall of my nvidia graphics driver. Looks like you have an integrated Intel graphics card, no nvidia card, right? May still want to do a driver reinstall, but I don't know how to do that for an Intel card, I'm familiar with nvidia.

I had to change my graphics rules and video card sgr files. Besides changing resolution and graphics memory size, I also allowed the graphics driver to manage its own memory.

That was a pain in the butt to do, but less annoying for me than trying to reinstall from disks three times. :/

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
OnayaW, you may be able to run Ultimate Collection without Origin and without having to reinstall from disks. It's what I had to do because I tried reinstalling UC from my disks about three times. Now I use the George UC noCD executable. MTS does not allow linking to it. I only bring it up because that is the only thing that eventually worked for me and might save you some headache. Origin UC is very broken right now.

Play windowed, not fullscreen. Win 10 broke fullscreen gameplay for several games.
Play in compatibility mode for XP sp2 and run as admin.

In addition to using the noCD executable, I did also have to do a clean reinstall of my nvidia graphics driver. Looks like you have an integrated Intel graphics card, no nvidia card, right? May still want to do a driver reinstall, but I don't know how to do that for an Intel card, I'm familiar with nvidia.

I had to change my graphics rules and video card sgr files. Besides changing resolution and graphics memory size, I also allowed the graphics driver to manage its own memory.

That was a pain in the butt to do, but less annoying for me than trying to reinstall from disks three times. :/

I already run the no CD use
But I really don’t know about the graphic card change?
Or how to play windowed either (I guess graphic card is the only change needed really because there is 0 change when I swift between low quality and high quality in game :/
Properly why.
I am mostlytesting out but windowed mode would do it way easier for me to not be caught in class gaming xD

I build small houses *^*
Not actually evil.
#11 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:33 PM
I already run the no CD use
But I really don’t know about the graphic card change?
Or how to play windowed either (I guess graphic card is the only change needed really because there is 0 change when I swift between low quality and high quality in game :/
Properly why.
I am mostlytesting out but windowed mode would do it way easier for me to not be caught in class gaming xD

To play in windowed mode, find the shortcut to the nocD exe on your desktop.
Right click the shortcut, select Properties.
Find the line that says Target. Add a -w at the end. No space between - and w. There is a space between " and -
Mine look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9_noCD_4gb.exe" -w

That might help, or it might not. Windows 10 did break fullscreen mode for some games and playing windowed fixes that.
Your machine is quad core so you might want to try adding -CPUCount:1 at the end too.
Some folks report that helps with lag if the computer is trying to run in on two or more cores but it was designed to run on one.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9_noCD_4gb.exe" -w -CPUCount:1

I teach and would ask you to leave if I caught you gaming in class.

If you upload your dxdiag.txt file and sgr files, we can take a look at them and see if there's any changes that could be made there to help.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:44 PM Last edited by OnayaW : 1st Feb 2018 at 9:58 PM.
@CatOfEvilGenius I just found out that whatever No CD I drive it doesn't show it's a no CD, So mine is literally called what the original file was called .______.
how to fix that...

Also the "
idk where I meant to put that?
or where I should put the -w
I don't understand
because an european computer doesn't allow " in names on files.

also what files exactly should I upload again?

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:03 AM
I just found out that whatever No CD I drive it doesn't show it's a no CD, So mine is literally called what the original file was called .______.
how to fix that...

The file name is meant to be the same. This is the file name that the game looks for. If the file name was changed, the game would not be able to find it and would not run properly.

Also the "
idk where I meant to put that?
or where I should put the -w
I don't understand
because an european computer doesn't allow " in names on files.

You may not have to add the ". My computer put those signs by itself when the desktop shortcut was made. All you should have to do is put -w at the end of the path. See the picture that I uploaded.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
You may not have to add the ". My computer put those signs by itself when the desktop shortcut was made. All you should have to do is put -w at the end of the path. See the picture that I uploaded.

Doing windowed mode actually just did worse as it started out crashing.
I might just get my ex to install all his packages on my laptop so I won't have to deal with all those updates there do no good for the game.

I build small houses *^*
Not actually evil.
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:25 PM
Just noticed that @RoxEllen1965 already answered this. :D

@CatOfEvilGenius I just found out that whatever No CD I drive it doesn't show it's a no CD, So mine is literally called what the original file was called .______.
how to fix that...

<snip> an european computer doesn't allow " in names on files.

It is okay if you noCD exe is named the same as the origal exe. You do not have to change the name.
If you do not have quotes, that is okay too. Just make sure you put the -w at the end.

To upload a dxdiag or sgr file, first zip them up using WinZIP or 7zip. Then, when posting on MTS, scroll down until you see Attach Files, Manage Attachments, zip rar or 7zip Upload. Select the zip file you want to attach and press attack or ok. Your zip file should not be attached to your post in the MTS forums.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Just noticed that @RoxEllen1965 already answered this. :D

It is okay if you noCD exe is named the same as the origal exe. You do not have to change the name.
If you do not have quotes, that is okay too. Just make sure you put the -w at the end.

To upload a dxdiag or sgr file, first zip them up using WinZIP or 7zip. Then, when posting on MTS, scroll down until you see Attach Files, Manage Attachments, zip rar or 7zip Upload. Select the zip file you want to attach and press attack or ok. Your zip file should not be attached to your post in the MTS forums.

That was not what I mean to with how and which files
I know how to upload files
But i’m Like where do I find these files you need?

I build small houses *^*