Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Transferring a neighborhood with cc
If I transfer a neighborhood from one PC to another, does all the CC come along with it?

:D
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:41 AM
No, you'll have to move the CC over yourself.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:53 AM
Okay, thanks. Is there a way to check which cc I have for the particular sims and lots in that nhood? So I don't have to move every cc I got.

:D
Link Ninja
#4 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 4:40 PM Last edited by Charmful : 27th Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM.
Just zip your current downloads folder as if you were making a back up of a hood. Transfer it to your new Sims 2 folder.

**edit** sorry I didn't understand you only wanted to move CC you were actually using. I do not know of a way to check all CC in use on existing lots.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:59 PM
There isn't an easy way. You could try packaging lots (only the unoccupied ones) and using the CC that gets packaged as a rough guide, but even then you'll wind up with some stuff missing and some unused stuff included. Or, you can move over everything you think you've used, and then go and hunt down the missing bits based on which objects get turned into random plants when you load the 'hood.

Don't forget your essential mods, NPCs, and custom genetics, too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:37 PM
I think moving your entire download folder is much safer. Even if you miss one eye or one skin you will have a whole job in sim restoring genetics.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~