Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 3:27 PM
Default Removed relations, might need to try it differently
I want to copy a lot with sims to a different neighborhood. I will leave the original family on X neighborhood, but I want to put them with their home in Y neighborhood too. I think X hood will have no corruption, but Y hood will. Is that correct?
So before doing anything copy/move related ingame, I deleted the gossip and meeting-someone-else memories with simPE, and non-household relations, but I opened the game and I still saw some (1-3) non-household relations at the relationship panel. What did I do wrong?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 8:06 PM
It’s usually not a good idea to move occupied lots between hoods if the Sims have relations to anyone outside the lot. If you use the Package Lot function, which creates a Sims2Pack of the lot, your original hood will be ok, but the packaged lot will have picked up every Sim that appears in the occupants’ memories (including gossips) or family trees.
To avoid that, you need to remove every outsider Sim from the family tree as well as their memories, and Clean Installer will list contents of the lot when you install it, so you can check if you did it right.
Alchemist
#3 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 8:40 PM
I guess you already know that it's easier and safer to remake the sims, right? If they are premades, many have already been remade/cloned and may be available. CAS sims can be remade from CAS/Bodyshop pretty easily or cloned in SimPE. Any of that work for you?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I guess you already know that it's easier and safer to remake the sims, right? If they are premades, many have already been remade/cloned and may be available. CAS sims can be remade from CAS/Bodyshop pretty easily or cloned in SimPE. Any of that work for you?

I know, but I don't want to "start it over" and set up their skills etc. But I will try again in SimPE to remove any relations, because maybe an error occured and the program didn't save what I was doing or I don't know. But I will try again.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 11:09 PM
You can add back skills and change personalities, LTWs, hobbies, personalities in the game (some without mods) or in SimPE.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 12:28 AM
If you move sims from one hood to another you will corrupt both hoods. I guess if you don't care about corruption and want to take your chances go ahead. It may play a week or it may play for a year or longer, it's really Russian Roulette when it comes to corruption.

The safe way is to extract the sims, clone them in bodyshop and use the clones which you set up again with mods/simPE. Clean the lot and move it to the new hood for the freshly cloned sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~