Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Matotty : 17th Aug 2019 at 11:57 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super Random Cash at Super Random Hours at Super Random Days...?
Yes, the title is literal.
I don't even know if I'm posting on the right thread, since I was thinking that this could be a WCIF too. But whatever.

So, when I'm playing the game normally, I notice that a super random amount of cash, at a super random time of the day, at a super random day of the week... super randomly pops up, with no notification, nothing, nada, zero, of what happened or who gave me so much cash. (Seriously, sometimes I get more than $20,000 for no reason!)
I've been having this thing for a while (6-7 months!) already, and my silly head thought at first it was a strange feature Monique's Hacked Computers had, but then realized it wasn't. I've been searching for a solution, or for any mods that (for some reason) had this feature, but nothing. Not even cleaning up the Downloads folder worked!
I haven't been able to figure out what was the mod that caused this strange event to happen, and I'm getting frustrated by it since I'm mostly a Legacy player, and this really ruins the whole Legacy Challenge experience, since it could count as cheating.

EDIT 1: Yes, I did the whole 50/50 in the Downloads folder. As I said before, this has been going for a while. It doesn't happen when I play the game without mods. Maybe I'll try again.

EDIT 2: I know this isn't because of the "Investment" Aspiration Benefit as I currently don't have any Fortune asp. main Sims in my Legacy family for the moment. The current Sims I have are Knowledge/Fortune and Knowledge/Grilled Cheese.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 4:58 AM
Well, since it doesn't do it when you play without mods, it's obviously some mod that's doing it. But since the event happens randomly, it's going to be difficult to test with a 50/50 because you'd have to play for a while with each test batch until you're absolutely certain that the issue doesn't happen.

I don't know of a mod that does this; it's not something I download because I don't want money mods in my game. But perhaps someone will recognize it. In the meantime, I'd just use the familyfunds cheat to subtract whatever amount of cash they randomly get. That's a pain in the butt, of course, but unless/until you track down the culprit....

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.