Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 12:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Widescreen CAS
I recently got a new laptop with 1920x1080 resolution. After installing, I used the Graphics Rules Maker to correct my settings, and for the most part, the UI is fine, if a little small in places. The exception is in CAS, where it covers most of the sim's face/body unless I am zoomed out inconveniently far - and even then, there is a large amount of unused space on the right side of the screen.

I have tried quetzilla's fix and although it's helped a little, CAS is still very inconvenient to use. Is there any other solution to this problem, or am I stuck with it?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:24 PM
Here you go, maybe give Chris Hatch's ones a try? http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623172
Alchemist
#3 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 7:34 PM
Just thought I'd add this because that thread can be a little confusing. I'm using the same resolution you are, 1920x1080, and I had the same issue, but, now, I'm using Chris's Cas300Extra.package, and it looks like this. The first two are the normal CAS views. The last is using Z to zoom in a bit. The UI stays where it should for each.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 5:29 AM
Incidentally, does anyone else find that when using the CAS mod that teen sims get their heads cut off when you zoom out on them in the full body view, because the camera goes down too far past their feet?
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Incidentally, does anyone else find that when using the CAS mod that teen sims get their heads cut off when you zoom out on them in the full body view, because the camera goes down too far past their feet?

Mine doesn't. All ages zoom out to show the whole sim head to toe.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 7:08 AM
Ah, thank you both, this worked like a charm!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Mine doesn't. All ages zoom out to show the whole sim head to toe.

Which one do you use? Maybe I'm using the wrong one.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 9:53 PM
I use the Chris Hatch mod along with Simming Lena's CAS camera mod and they work great together. No issues with heads or feet being cut off. Lena's CAS camera is available here:
https://simminglena.tumblr.com/post...-0-ノ゙-after