Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 9:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Compatibility issues with the Alternative Pregnancy Controller and Triplets & Quads
I've used Triplets & Quads for ages in my game with no problems or bad surprises, and having heard about the Alternative Pregnancy Controller, I decided to install that too (mostly for the purpose of making pregnancies more difficult since I'm having a slight population explosion and I'm too soft to fire up Pescado's BBQ). One of my Sims has just had a successful pregnancy, and while APC seems to be working fine, I didn't get a pop-up prompt to choose the number of babies as is normal with T&Q. I'd paused the game mid-baby-emergence just in case I wanted to reroll for different kids, so I quit the game to do some experimenting.

I've heard over the years that mod load order can be altered by renaming the destination folders so that one file is accessed before another, and I put an A at the start of the T&Q folder so that this mod was above APC in the list. Reloading the game and resuming the birth, there was still no prompt to choose the number of babies. Should I take from this that these two mods just won't be able to run alongside each other, or is there another way to ensure that T&Q still does its thing?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 11:38 PM
I have the pregnancy controller loading before T&Q so try switching the load order.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have the pregnancy controller loading before T&Q so try switching the load order.

That's the order it was in originally (sorry, I skimmed over that part slightly) but I'll try switching it round again - I don't think I have any other mods causing an issue, unless ACR2 could somehow be doing something. But that's never given me problems either, so
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 10:43 AM
You may want to test in a new sims 2 folder with just these two mods since it's possible another one is interfering. I don't think it would be ACR though.

Next time you want help with the game post here, http://modthesims.info/d/604062/mp3-workout.html in help. Modding Discussion is for making mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 1:54 PM
Load order is never going to make any difference with these two. The alternate pregnancy controller changes the group number of the pregnancy controller so mods can't override parts of it. It (should) recognises the existence of the triplets and quads mod and hand control over to it as required. I don't use the triplets and quads mod so if for some reason the pregnancy controller isn't handing control to it any more I wouldn't notice until or unless someone says something.

I will take a look and re-test with the triplets and quads mod to either confirm they do still work together or fix it so they do, but if they currently do then you must have some other conflict going on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You may want to test in a new sims 2 folder with just these two mods since it's possible another one is interfering. I don't think it would be ACR though.

Next time you want help with the game post here, http://modthesims.info/d/604062/mp3-workout.html in help. Modding Discussion is for making mods.

Thanks, I'll try that out - and sorry about posting in the wrong place, i couldn't remember which forum I'd posted in the last time i had mod troubles!
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 4:18 PM
I tried it and unfortunately no problems, I even re-downloaded triplets and quads in case I had an older version or something. I say unfortunately because there's nothing I can change to help get it working for you.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 12:23 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 3rd Aug 2019 at 12:45 AM.
I also run with APC and Triplets and Quads and can't recall not having them both work fine...though then again, if that's happening, I can't say I'd always notice *not* getting the message, if you see what I mean. I'll look out to see if I ever notice it's missing either, though currently I have no pregnant sims.

Anyway, seconding Jo's suggestion about only using those two mods in Downloads (after backing up your game, because pulling all your other downloads may bork some things that you'll want to restore from backup to fix), then returning again to the moment of before birth and seeing what happens. Also, remember to delete your game's cache files, if they are writeable, when you make changes to the mods included in Downloads and before you boot up the game again---especially when you are removing any.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 12:45 AM
New Sims 2 folder is easier @natboopsie Just rename the Sims 2 folder, run the game. Make a Download folder in the new Sims 2 folder and copy and paste those two mods into it. Copy and paste the neighbourhood over. Load this game and test. I would not pull the Download folder and test in a currently played Sims 2 folder.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 12:49 AM
Thanks for clarifying about "new sims folder" from your prior post! In fact, you're right, because some of the borkage that can result when certain downloads that really shouldn't be pulled are...can easily get in the way of testing. Restoring from backup (plus putting the folder back to its prior state before booting TS2) will actually fix all the borkage from such a pull, but your way *does* make it much easier to test without distraction from weird jump bugs and such.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 2:02 PM
Assuming you have AL the new folder will have a fresh Belladonna Cove with Anna Patel nice and pregnant ready for testing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 7:26 PM
After taking all gameplay-altering mods out and booting the game up, first with just Triplets & Quads, and then with APC included as well, it does seem that the two mods are having an issue for me - T&Q gave the prompt for the number of babies when on its own, but with APC in there as well, nothing came up and it went straight to the birth. Odd...

Well, I don't like to have to choose between two mods if I can help it, but I think the population in my megahood is large enough that I can't really justify any more surprise quads for a while so I might just stash T&Q away somewhere and play with only the APC mod for the time being. Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions!